Carendo King Air heads up - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carendo King Air heads up

Charter Member 2012
    It must be all about settings - im flying around with full realism set and whether i fly it like an airliner or like a C152 i just dont get wobble! Its so predictable.

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by joanvalley View Post
    1.It is a bit wobbly mate, at least compared to the C90, but then again, Never flown one in real life. Hard to correct on final approach, or harder than the C90.
    2.We had the same problems with the engine surges on our PC-21 FDE when throttling up on take off, just as the C90 has, I didn't see that on the B200
    1. FDE is (naturally) heavily based on the C90 but with more intertia and more stability. She's definitely not 'wobbly' compared to the C90.
    I've read now a few times complaints about the yaw axis when doing corrections with the rudder during approach. Well, you should never use any rudder for corrections in real live during the approach (except in a crosswind)
    Doing that can lead to yaw/roll disturbance.
    The 350 is even bigger and just look at this video what's happening in the yaw axis in gusty weather during approach. (relevant part starting at 2:05) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7825HGfZzfI
    2. It's exactly the same way of PT6 modelling as in the C90. The B200 is easier to taxi because she doesn't run away as easily as the C90.

Having made a somewhat longer flight, I have to say that I don't like the flightmodel either. It is very wobbly, not stable at all, and insists on banking to the left continuously. Having never flown anything myself in real life, except a Harvard, my best comparison is like driving a Lincoln Towncar, which seemed to have a suspension made of pudding. Not sure what is the problem here, might be my FSX, because look at what my Milford Sound looks like suddenly:

the ocean was all trees too, anyone any idea what went wrong here?

Someone mentioned paint jobs, this one is still wip:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Having made a somewhat longer flight, I have to say that I don't like the flightmodel either. It is very wobbly, not stable at all, and insists on banking to the left continuously
    That's weird. Again, the 200 isnt' very wobbly (not even wobbly) and except during a low speed/high power climb there's no left turning tendency. Do have the C90 or the RealAir Duke ?

I think it's one of the best hand flyers I have.It has a somewhat heavy feel that it should have,but not a all unstable.

a reinstall solved most of my problems, both the King Air and New Zealand:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

bstole,
    question...
    "you should never use any rudder for corrections in real live during the approach"
    if thats the case,what are you supposed to do?you are on final,and not quite lined up,,,in flight simulator,ive allways used rudder to correct,thinking about your comment,i realise my plane ends up "swing" back and forth,and it almost never gets lined up right,,but what are you supposed to do?....use engine power? ailerons?
    this is a serious question.....i wanna learn...

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    "you should never use any rudder for corrections in real live during the approach"
    if thats the case,what are you supposed to do?you are on final,and not quite lined up,,,in flight simulator,ive allways used rudder to correct...
    As you noticed already, using the rudder doesn't have the desired effect it just destabilizes your approach....but to keep this thread on topic, I've sent you a PM

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Jankee's I know you told me last time I made a req to keep it real. May please req your wonderful talents on the Air Tindi B200
    http://www.airtindi.com/super_kingair.html and http://www.airtindi.com/gallery.html

Her reg is C-GTUC

Wonderful job on the Air Greenland paint. I took her from Nuuk to Iqaluit.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    1. FDE is (naturally) heavily based on the C90 but with more intertia and more stability. She's definitely not 'wobbly' compared to the C90.
    I've read now a few times complaints about the yaw axis when doing corrections with the rudder during approach. Well, you should never use any rudder for corrections in real live during the approach (except in a crosswind)
    Doing that can lead to yaw/roll disturbance.
    The 350 is even bigger and just look at this video what's happening in the yaw axis in gusty weather during approach. (relevant part starting at 2:05) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7825HGfZzfI
    2. It's exactly the same way of PT6 modelling as in the C90. The B200 is easier to taxi because she doesn't run away as easily as the C90.
    By God, you are correct mate. I experience the same exact movements on final just like the video. Then, the FDE should be a fantastic feature of the product. Kudos mate, I'm convinced and it just inspires me to tame the aircraft and learn to fly it properly. Thanks!

Jose.

PS: Now I'm sure I don't want to buy a real B200! Back to build the Metroliner's VC and hopefully the metro doesn't fly like the B200...

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by joanvalley View Post
    hopefully the metro doesn't fly like the B200...
    If it's a good FDE it should be a lot different. I loved flying the Metro IRL. A Beech always feels more soft and the handling is not as crisp.

SOH-CM-2023
    Back when I worked Line Service, one of our pilots had a lot of Metroliner time (He called it the Texas Tube Steak) and also King airs. He prefered our company's C-90's. Course he now captain's a G-IV out of Virginia.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Nice ones!

I've been busy too:

Carenado has done a wonderful job with this bird and I really hope they pursue an expansion pack (medivacs, special mission variants etc...), much like the C208B Cargo. It's also great to see some repaints coming together! Has anyone considered this NASA variant?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24526864@N03/4664889569/

NASA has two King Airs that are used for research, mission support, and as shuttles between NASA facilities.

Patience...

last two paints have just landed on OZx.

The SP1 is available now.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Videre Vincere Est
    Really love the plane! The only minor so far....the window reflection in VC does not match the actual cockpit. For the rest...excellent aircraft!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Members who have read this thread: 127