What's missing from this pic?

Thread: What's missing from this pic?

What's missing from this pic?

So, you consider yourself a bit of a rivet counter do you?

Well let's see if you can spot what is missing from this pic.

Special bonus points if you can spot what is there that shouldn't be there!

You have no power plant or canopy, yet you've managed to fog up the windscreen. Not sure what else at this time.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

I honestly don't care what should or shouldn't be there. Because I think that is looking fantastic.

Looks like the T-28 that was used for the recent Mosquito air to air photo shoot in Auckland....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Classi...type=1&theater

Looks good so far, Ant.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    So, you consider yourself a bit of a rivet counter do you?

Well let's see if you can spot what is missing from this pic.

Special bonus points if you can spot what is there that shouldn't be there!

T-hook

Charter Member 2015
    That was the rare prototype ducted fan, open cockpit engined T28 (seen here with the inlet access panels removed on the starboard side). Only one model was built for testing but the engine proved to be too powerful, ingesting trees,houses and other associated autogen with impunity). Unfortunately the project was cancelled in favour of a scramjet powered DH Tiger Moth with variable thrust nozzles which proved to be so good that it eventually superceeded the SR-71 for reconnaissance missions.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    That was the rare prototype ducted fan, open cockpit engined T28 (seen here with the inlet access panels removed on the starboard side). Only one model was built for testing but the engine proved to be too powerful, ingesting trees,houses and other associated autogen with impunity). Unfortunately the project was cancelled in favour of a scramjet powered DH Tiger Moth with variable thrust nozzles which proved to be so good that it eventually superceeded the SR-71 for reconnaissance missions.
    By George, I think you've got it KD, lol, lol. . . .well done!! LMAO!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Looks like you have a T-28 that is undergoing restoration.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Ahhm, you appear to be missing the exhaust staining aft of the actual exhaust outlet. And I see no brake piping on the nose gear, tsk tsk!

What was the projected ceiling of the scramjet-powered Tiggy?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    You forgot to mention that this prototype was North American's abortive attempt to create what would later become the pilot-less/UAV market category ...

All kidding aside, I believe only the T-28C had the tailhook. Looking like Ant's screen shows a D, so it would be accurate for it not to have one. That said, I desperately hope a C will be included ... that would be just so awesome ....

Thanks for the progress update - eagerly looking forward to it.

Regards,

DL

I'm not sure .. all i can see is an engine , a canopy , got to study this a little more later . Looking superb

Man i cant wait for it to be ready. I remember there was a very good freeware verision back in the day. Fs2004 I think. I love military trainers and old wrar birds. If i won the lottery, I could buy abd fly one.

It is really looking great!

Well done to all who guessed.

Of course the missing items are the engine, prop, front and rear canopy (although you can see I have modelled the right hand side of these, they don't have glass in them yet). These are the obvious items. The real rivet counters would have noticed the triple exhaust pipes are missing, the landing gear safety switch on the left hand gear, various outlet pipes around the engine area (don't even want to think about all those just yet) and the rescue canopy release (there is a red RESCUE-> decal on the F letter pointing to where it should be). The added item? A small bolt near the front gear (you can just barely see a dark speck between those bracing arm thingies that form a triangle pointing backwards on the gear (don't know the technical name for them). It's always nice to have a spare bolt lying about that you can copy and paste without having to make a new one from scratch.

Once all that stuff is done I can get to work on the insides!

BTW I am making only the D model at the moment. If it sells well enough I may make the A, B and C models later. Basic differences are the D is a modified A but has a different canopy and a more powerful engine. The B and C have different canopys than the A plus the speed brake and an arresting hook in the case of the C model.

A small bolt near the front gear (you can just barely see a dark speck between those bracing arm thingies that form a triangle pointing backwards on the gear (don't know the technical name for them).
    I saw that! But I thought that was debris and you're going to model FOD.

Ants .. Just tell all these can get to 10,000ft faster than a P-51 Mustang and they will sell like hotcakes

...can I buy now?
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Members who have read this thread: 123