TinMouse II with VC (unofficial)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TinMouse II with VC (unofficial)

TinMouse II with VC (unofficial)

You probably didn't notice, but I've been doing a VC for the TinMouse II, based on Erick Cantu's model.

Long story short, here is the second release candidate for anyone interested (maybe one, one and a half people around here).

Includes source files, in case you want a pink VC or purple night lighting.
    (Or more liveries.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?a2zdkpbz1pib4ye

I advise reading the readme as the installation procedure is a bit...extensive.

Development thread

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    You probably didn't notice, but I've been doing a VC for the TinMouse II, based on Erick Cantu's model.

Long story short, here is the second release candidate for anyone interested (maybe one, one and a half people around here).

Includes source files, in case you want a pink VC or purple night lighting.
    (Or more liveries.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?a2zdkpbz1pib4ye

I advise reading the readme as the installation procedure is a bit...extensive.

Development thread
    Great HU and many thanks Bjoern.

I reckon if you multiply the interested people by a factor of at least a couple of thousand, you'll probably still be underestimating.

In my view the TM II models are some of the best 737's available.
    The 2D cockpit is excellent.

Now a VC - Awesome!

This one's a 'must have' for me - many thanks.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

I'm not familiar with the TinMouse model. I ran a search at Flightsim and came up with thirty two pages of mostly repaints.
    Hmmm.....this is most notable. I'll have to break away from props and give this a go!!

Besides....737's are truly designed for long Northern permafrost dirt strips. All that true potential wasted flying into paved centres like LAX, DeGaule, Heathrow....etc....

Ahhh...reading up I see the texture mapping has changed. Still, this is an exciting update that'll certainly generate a lot of interest. Thank you for the head's up, Bjoern.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Besides....737's are truly designed for long Northern permafrost dirt strips. All that true potential wasted flying into paved centres like LAX, DeGaule, Heathrow....etc....
    Nah.

I've switched to RetroAI and my 1980s post-dereg USA just wouldn't be the same without a flyable 732.
    I'd probably have to spend years painting most operators' liveries...

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Ahhh...reading up I see the texture mapping has changed.
    Well, it has changed for the better (for me), as full body paint kits are so much easier to handle.

Bjoern,
    I haven't had a chance to download your VC yet, but it looks fantastic from the screenshots. It's always amazed me that no one has done a really nice VC for 732s....until now. Many thanks.

-Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    It's always amazed me that no one has done a really nice VC for 732s....until now.
    Well, there's still Aerosim's model, but it's next too unusable from the VC.

In the freeware sectior, I've basically got a monopoly on a 732 with VC now.

Here is RC3. As usual, a full reinstallation and reading the readme (if only the changelog) is recommended.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3omebl30gf3ho6b

(The SDK will be uploaded tomorrow.)

Better center post, fogged up/iced windows, analogue hydraulics gauges:

Leading edge and inlet icing:

By the way:
    - If you're aesthetically offended by the icing effect, it can be turned off via the "title=" line of each repaint.
    - RC4 will be an all-in-one-hoopedy-doodle-I-don't-want-to-install-all-of-this-something-something

By the way:
    - If you're aesthetically offended by the icing effect, it can be turned off via the "title=" line of each repaint.
    - RC4 will be an all-in-one-hoopedy-doodle-I-don't-want-to-install-all-of-this-something-something
    Thanks, Bjoern. Looking forward to RC4!
    -Mark

Not offended by the fogged iced windows, it just never happened once in many thousands of hours flying there. These are heated windows, no window heat and you probably aren't going flying. Heat not only used for deice, defogger, but also bird proofing. The glass plastic sandwich was kept flexible by the interior heat elements, which increased the impact resistance. Cheers. T

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Not offended by the fogged iced windows, it just never happened once in many thousands of hours flying there. These are heated windows, no window heat and you probably aren't going flying. Heat not only used for deice, defogger, but also bird proofing. The glass plastic sandwich was kept flexible by the interior heat elements, which increased the impact resistance. Cheers. T
    I can't model birdstrikes (convincingly), but let's see how many users actually read readmes. I'm expecting the odd complaint of Air Florida'ing a take-off or a sluggish and blind landing because of neglected deicing equipment.
    Normally, icing isn't a force to be reckoned with in MSFS.

Despite some accumulated wing contamination while Air Florida was in the conga line waiting for takeoff the main issue that caused the crash was the fact they did not use full power, due to a faulty EPR reading that made it appear that more power was being created than was the case. Partial blockage of the P1 probe at the front made the ratio to the exaughst pressure seem much higher than it was. Most airlines calculated a reference N1 number that should be crosschecked to make sure the EPR was really showing a correct value on takeoff. Most anaylisis of this accident believe that they still could have flown out of the situation with firewall thrust.

This accident was one of those studied back in the old days for CRM classes.

Cheers: T

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    I know about that and it was discussed at length during initial development (with the conclusion that you can go through great length to try to convincingly model icing effects with all expected airfoil and engine behaviours).

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'm having fun with the 737 up in the Arctic around CYEV. In Fsx I nearly splattered a Animated Polar Bear AI crossing the Rwy in my path of landing lol. By Animated Polar Bear AI I mean the animal not the Canadian North Variety lol. I'm loving the improvements made and flying the plain wrapper paint. Sorry unless it's a Canuk Arctic Airline paint I don't fly the paint, just fly unmarked vanilla.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Sorry unless it's a Canuk Arctic Airline paint I don't fly the paint, just fly unmarked vanilla.
    There's a paintkit included which I've made as easy to use as possible. Have fun.

I might do some "north of Detroit" paints sooner or later, but they'd be of airlines from the 1980s only.

You're going to like the icing feature in RC4.

Hello Bjoern,
    I tried your 737 VC yesterday on fs9. Beautiful, except the gauges did not show up in the vc and neither did the tectures for the seats and the central pedastal.

Can you offer some guidance here?
    Thanks,
    Sid

Quote Originally Posted by Sid2008 View Post
    Can you offer some guidance here?
    The readme was read and followed, I suppose?

If so, I have no idea. Other people didn't have problems installing it.

Hi Bjoern,
    Great effort and I love your VC for my favourite FS plane! I've modified the panels for ILS-TCAS, the RealityXP radar, and also a homebrew XML Trimble TLN2101 if you're interested.

I do have a problem though, and that is that the upper pedestal gauges (transponder, radar, PDC, etc) are not clickable. I ran through the install procedure twice so I really have to ask: should they be? And if they should, any indication as to what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,
    louis

Quote Originally Posted by lzamm View Post
    Hi Bjoern,
    Great effort and I love your VC for my favourite FS plane! I've modified the panels for ILS-TCAS, the RealityXP radar, and also a homebrew XML Trimble TLN2101 if you're interested.
    No, thanks. That's what the panel configuration SDK is for.

I'd have to include way over 20 panel.cfg files to cover each possible configuration, which makes applying possible changes to the panel.cfg really tedious.
    I'm already getting a headache every time I need to change something to the VC panel bitmap, as I need to export it in all configuration variations.

P.S: You'll need to redo your panel.cfg for RC4 as some possibly important items have changed in there. (Sorry.)

I do have a problem though, and that is that the upper pedestal gauges (transponder, radar, PDC, etc) are not clickable. I ran through the install procedure twice so I really have to ask: should they be? And if they should, any indication as to what I could be doing wrong?
    You haven't done anything wrong. It is a bug in RC3 which I've already fixed.

I wanted to release RC4 last friday but got busy painting.
    If no one minds and trusts my XML programming skills enough, I could upload RC4 today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post

You haven't done anything wrong. It is a bug in RC3 which I've already fixed.

I wanted to release RC4 last friday but got busy painting.
    If no one minds and trusts my XML programming skills enough, I could upload RC4 today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the prompt reply Bjoern. Looking forward to RC4 then!

Looking foward to RC4! Excellent work. I love the 737-200.
    Thanks Bjoern.

P.S. Are the wings+flaps and engines visible? It would be good to have them visible for pax viewing.
    Mark