TinMouse II with VC (unofficial) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TinMouse II with VC (unofficial)

Lightbulb

Repaints question:
    What is the problem for use the old repaints ?
    Seems it's possible to use the old repaints by simply add to the new B737 .. the old models and of course adjust this in the aircraft.cfg .. or I'm missing something ?

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Oh rats, here I thought I could butter ya up for a First Air paint seeing as your First Air Paint on the 727 was excellent
    You've said you've given painting in paint.net a try already, so why not practise on a First Air paint?

CP, Wien, PacWest and Alaska however, are an option for me...somewhen.

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Repaints question:
    What is the problem for use the old repaints ?
    Seems it's possible to use the old repaints by simply add to the new B737 .. the old models and of course adjust this in the aircraft.cfg .. or I'm missing something ?
    The fuselage texture mapping is entirely different, so any old repaint will not work.
    (Just compare the texture layout from Erick's old model to mine.)

Wing textures can be recycled though.

Lightbulb

The fuselage texture mapping is entirely different, so any old repaint will not work.
    (Just compare the texture layout from Erick's old model to mine.)

Wing textures can be recycled though.
    Oki understood .. no ways to use the old model without lost the VC anyways .. as VC is part of the model ....

Cozy schmozy aka "guess what's new" (the wonky shading is standard).

I'm not happy with the glass texture yet.

Shaping up nicely, looks good even if it's not perfect. A bit of paint shop wizardry would give the the VC some depth..
    Mark

No time and patience for quality textures.

But: Source files!

And: Anyone can paint!

Also: Perfection always comes with a pricetag; imperfection usually doesn't.

Hi Bjoern, I downloaded the latest version and installed it per instructions but I got a small issue...well not so small but hopefully there is an easy answer.

I placed the FS2AUDIO.dll into Windows\System32 and Windows\SysWOW64 as instructed in the readme for a 64bit OS which I have ( Win7 )
    When I load the 732 I get an error message that the dll failed to load with an error code 0x7e and to make sure the dll is in the system32 folder.

I double checked and rebooted for good measure....no dice. Any ideas ???

Cheers
    Stefan

I see fogging on the windows.... is that condensation from your long hours working in the VC.......? shaping up good!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    Hi Bjoern, I downloaded the latest version and installed it per instructions but I got a small issue...well not so small but hopefully there is an easy answer.

I placed the FS2AUDIO.dll into Windows\System32 and Windows\SysWOW64 as instructed in the readme for a 64bit OS which I have ( Win7 )
    When I load the 732 I get an error message that the dll failed to load with an error code 0x7e and to make sure the dll is in the system32 folder.

Cheers
    Stefan
    I've read somewhere that dll's added to system folders need to be registered. I always thought that FS related dll's could be in either the root FS folder or in the Modules folder, depending on how the gauge is coded. I've never messed with registering a dll, but maybe there's something here that will help:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=dll+registry
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks for that information Tom. I'll give it a read. I installed the dll files in the three locations specified by the readme. FS root, System32 and Syswow64 for 64bit versions.
    If I have to register the dll in order to make this one airplane work I am probably going to let it go...nice as it would be to have a functioning VC in the TM 732....messing with my registry gives me the jitters.

Cheers
    Stefan

Just for spits & giggles, try putting a copy in the Flight Simulator 9\Modules folder too.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I will do that before even considering the regsrv.exe things from the link. Just on that one page are 6 different "experts" giving 5 different instructions on how to do it ...... I don't need it that bad. But thanks anyways for the help. If the dll in modules doesn't do it I am putting it into the hangar.

Stefan

Well, SysWoW64 is the place for 32bit .dlls.

Try to get into an elevated command prompt (run cmd.exe as administrator) and then enter:

%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe %windir%\SysWoW64\FS2Audio.dll

That should work. If not, then not.

I've got another copy of the .dll in my FS9's root folder to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    I see fogging on the windows.... is that condensation from your long hours working in the VC.......?
    Note to self: Stop having sex in 737 cockpits.

Hi Bjoern,

I did try it in System32, SYSwow64, FSroot and also in modules. In all places then in only a couple of them in various combinations....no dice.
    I also tried the %windr%..........etc string and get an error message that the dll is not in the place it is in.
    Nice as the VC is, I am throwing in the towel....too many nice radial engined airplanes to fly

Cheers
    Stefan

Well, you can also replace %windir% with C:\Windows and get:

C:\Windows\SysWoW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWoW64\FS2AUDIO.dll

One thing that I noted reading the comments on the link Tom provided is that it depends on the type of the dll regarding where it must be placed.
    32bit dlls belong in the SYSWOW64 folder which is apparently windows over windows 64bit emulation....
    64bit dlls belong in the System32 folder on a 64bit system.

Do you know what version this FS2AUDIO.dll happens to be by any chance ???

Stefan

MSFS is a 32 bit application, so the .dll has to be 32 bit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    MSFS is a 32 bit application, so the .dll has to be 32 bit as well.
    To be honest that is deeper into GeekSpeak than I normally venture. But in that case the dll has no business in the System32 folder on a 64bit system as I understand the workings of the OS.
    I'll pull it out of there and give the regsvr thing one more try and if that doesn't work I am out.

Stefan

To be honest that is deeper into GeekSpeak than I normally venture.
    Knowing your day-to-day operating system can't be a bad thing, can it?

But in that case the dll has no business in the System32 folder on a 64bit system as I understand the workings of the OS.
    I'll pull it out of there and give the regsvr thing one more try and if that doesn't work I am out.
    Okay.

In the little amount of feedback I get, you're the only one with .dll issues. Either everyone else runs a 32bit Windows or is too lazy to post in one of the five threads I've got running on this subject.

Just to make sure, folder permissions on SysWoW64 aren't an issue and the .dll copies just fine, right?

Stefan: Try reinstalling DirectX.

According to the TM2 forums, it has fixed the .dll problem in numerous cases.

The .dll does copy into the folders just fine. I will look into the DirectX thing.

Stefan

Question

Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, but what became of the planned 737-100? Is that still a possibility for FS9? Kind regards, Jeremy

"No 737-100. Too little in numbers to warrant time intensive remodeling and retexturing*.

Also, the panel system of the TinMouse is specific to the -200(Adv)*."

(From here)

*Self-motivated remodeling and retexturing, that is. A group based, monetary kickstart motivation, however, is a definite possibility.

**The engine gauges can only be set up for the JT8D-9, -15 and -17R, not for the -7 used on the 737-100.

Since there was another problem with the AP, here's an almost completely new FDE built from the TM2 1.4:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?d2afx9l07i9xmjl

I just hope the stupid avionics bugs are history now.