Ground Crew HE111

Thread: Ground Crew HE111

Ground Crew HE111

I've tried to get the Ground Crew version to work, but can't seem to figure out how to get the textures (skins) to show up. I downloaded the original CF2 model and installed it, then downloaded the FS9 update and installed it. Can't get the skins to show up, all I see is a unpainted HE111.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

T.

You probably know how the entries in the aircraft.cfg should look (texture name exactly as it is named in the "texture=" line... etc) so I won't go into that.

When I did my install of the GC He111, I unpacked the zip for the CFS2 version to a temp folder, then merged all of the FS9 updates into the He111's folder before dropping it into FS9. Gauges and effects in the usual folders in the sim. Not really sure if that had anything to do with the overall outcome, but the textures show up on mine just fine. I also added a few of the repaints Morton did as well as the ones available from the GC website.... no issues. Can't say as I did anything out of the ordinary... aside from that.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Pretty much an ordinary install for me too.

Since you're seeing the unpainted model, the problem is probably in the textures. Usually when this happens to me, something is amiss with the texture naming. Usually the folder name doesn't match what's in the aircraft.cfg texture= line.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

SgtT,

I think that Blackbird's and Willy's suggestions are the solution to the problem. I'll bet your aircraft.cfg file is not in sync with your texture names.

I'm sure that you probably know all of the following, but it won't hurt to check.

[fltsim.0] <<<--- these numbers should start with 0 and then ascend IN ORDER (0, 1, 2, etc.)
    title=He111H6 III/KG3
    sim=He111H6
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=KG3 <<<--- Folder name will read: Texture.KG3 or whatever the folder is named
    checklists=He111H6_notes
    KB_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=
    atc_parking_types=Mil_Combat
    atc_parking_codes=
    ui_manufacturer=Heinkel
    ui_type=
    ui_variation=KG3
    visual_damage=1
    description=1% Solution AssemblyLine Version 2.79.45\n714VFTS & William Tell© Competition Certified\nHe-111H6

This is one of those planes that always seems to be in my hangar, both in CFS 2 and FS 9. Probably because of all the texture sets available for this plane.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Members who have read this thread: 33