Ok, everyone please grab a seat... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok, everyone please grab a seat...

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Riiiight... If there was no FSX, there would be no P3D, simple as that. I love FSX, great sim, has always performed well for me.

I'll get my coat.
    and if there was no chicken, there would be no egg..........? LOL
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    and if there was no chicken, there would be no egg..........? LOL

And how many great addons we would be missing which were developed originally for FSX, and you can enjoy also in P3D and probably some great payware companies altogether? Like ORBX.

The point being: why would anyone wish painful death to something that has brought joy to thousands of people for years and still does?

About that coat, where did I leave it...

Master of Disaster
    The point being: It's (FSX) a THING not a living human being or animal! So it can't actually die a painful death, it's called a "figure of speech". And that thing was full of bugs and a mess from the begining. For very many people it was a mess; I'm glad it wasn't for you. I still spent more time in FS9 than I ever did in FSX. The point being P3D is what FSX should have been from the beginning. You seemed to have lost your coat? I've found mine, best wishes!

Yes I'm probably lucky to have smoothly running FSX setup. That's why I don't have an urgent need to migrate to P3D or any other platform. And I wish to have many happy years in its virtual skies. Support or not.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Lets be peaceful. We're just talking about FSX and how its no longer supported by MS. Thats all. Lets all get along. We're all FS-aholics, sim freaks (me), totally taken in my this virtual world that MS or rather, Aces, had created.

Bushpilot is very right. Some amazing addons have come about 'because' of FSX. It opened up new places such as SimConnect enabling A2A to make revolutionary new systems that recreate engine management with extreme realism. New super scenery that use unlimited or higher limits technologies on the use of ground tiles, a new round earth, etc, etc. FSX was a playground for the super addon teams.

But for us users that didnt have a 'correct' computer to run it on, it was like a sliver of wood, jammed into our side, always created a pain of 'I wish that dang thing would work so I could go flying and see what ORBX scenery was all about...'

sigh....

Thank the Lord for P3 or I would have never known what all of this was all about.

And remember, this was going to happen. It was going to end in support some time, and it was basically already over after SP2, so no worries you guys... All is well.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Master of Disaster
    Thats right LH, God forbid someone say something contrary to population opinion around here, even jokingly.......:violent: I guess my queston is/was did MS ever support FSX after their first patch-addon? I'll go back to my little dark corner now and receive the punishment I so justly deserve for not being a FSX fanboy! and PS THANK YOU to all the developers who really supported FSX by making wonderful addon's. They're the ones who kept FSX alive for so long and kept our hobby from dying a slow painful death. I appologize to anyone I may have offened or may offend in the future; I am soley responsible for my bad sense of humor!:toilet:

Pimply faced preteens chugging RedBull at 2 in the morning have most of the latest games developed by former military and fortune 500 programmers with 100 million dollar budgets hacked and uploaded to pirate sites before its even released.
    I am not to worried about being locked out of FSX that was released before most of them could even ride a bike.

This possibly has something to do with the imminent release of Windows 8. DirectX 9 support in the OS dies with that release so we shall all have to be Luddites, unless you have P3D which can use DX11 afaik. Me, I'm sticking with Windows 7 and my antiquated FSX and CFS3. So there. :mixedsmi:
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    This possibly has something to do with the imminent release of Windows 8. DirectX 9 support in the OS dies with that release so we shall all have to be Luddites, unless you have P3D which can use DX11 afaik. Me, I'm sticking with Windows 7 and my antiquated FSX and CFS3. So there. :mixedsmi:

No way! lol..... I am always amazed at the decisions that come from ms....

sigh...
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I donīt think this is the cause, because fsx works with win 8 without dx10 preview selected. I have already tested it :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    I donīt think this is the cause, because fsx works with win 8 without dx10 preview selected. I have already tested it :salute:
    Thanks for that flaviossa, good to know!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Installing FSX

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    someone is going to have to give installing a test in a few weeks and see if you can still activate it..
    I have just finished installing FSX on my computer. I had a hard drive go bad. Install went just fine and actvivation was withiut any problem.

Installing FSX

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    someone is going to have to give installing a test in a few weeks and see if you can still activate it..
    I have just finished installing FSX on my computer. I had a hard drive go bad. Install went just fine and actvivation was with out any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Who actually cares? The "support" MS gave to FSX was laughable at best, and entirely useless at worst.

It's truly a case of "Much ado about nothing..."
    I agree 100%. Thanks for making the point. Bob.

Cool

Interesting price structuring caught my eye recently.
    [And I must add I was happy to ante up and buy copies for a rainy day!]

FSX Gold, retail price in JB HiFi stores at present, A$27.50 and 'Plain Vanilla' FSX, A$19.50.
    FS2004, A$34.50........
    No shortage of stock either, after checking three JB outlets.
    I agree with Mud, support was never an issue because it was never available.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Activating the Acceleration pack

Frustration has caused me to do a complete re-install of FS-X and the Acceleration pack. With the latter there was no request to input the Product code so I'm stuck with just 15 minutes flying before the warning pop-up appears telling me I need to buy the sim. i have already paid for both, of course.
    You mentioned that there is away around this activation challenge. Can you advise?
    Thanks.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU Intel Core i5 6600 K
    RAM 16GB Duel channel
    M'board ASUS Tek Z170 Pro Gaming
    GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    Storage 335GB Corsair Force GS SSD

Members who have read this thread: 131