GAS DH60 Moth - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GAS DH60 Moth

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Unfortunately not. The entire aircraft has been mapped to a new texture set using 2048x2048 maps. There is a paint kit with the model located in a folder named Golden Age Simulations found in your FSX root directory.

No worries I will just have to get the paint pot out over the next few days.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    No worries I will just have to get the paint pot out over the next few days.
    Looking forward to seeing your work.

Charter Member 2015
    Great job

Thank you very much :salute:

I love this aircraft . The Moth has a very long and interesting history . :salute: to all involved on an outstanding job and sharing it with all .

(Nice early birthday present)

Thanks again ,

Rich

A Great Gift, very many thanks for this superb aircraft.

A big thank you GAS and team for this gorgeous aircraft...

I've just installed it and made a few flights to get acquainted with her. Very nice in all respects !

I was wondering if there is provision for a passenger (such as Merryl Streep in Out of Africa) since the load section can accomodate for the weight of a passenger ?

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Great job GAS, thanks for this beauty.:salute:
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've long been a fan of Jim Douglass' model, flying her since FS9 days. One I always thought would remain on the FS9 native models list though, so this brilliant FSX native conversion comes as a real treat. And not just a conversion either, you've taken a classic model to a whole new level. The liveries, seaplane and amphibian are great!

Thank you very much, Golden Age Simulations.

Now does anyone fancy doing a repaint of Amy Johnson's G-AAAH "Jason"? The version intended for the FS9 model won't work with the new texture mappings.

Thanks again,

Ade

Thankyou so much for this great little place - perfect for some VFR!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Sweet little Bird, guys! Many thanks for this kind gesture.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

It's free? It's free!!!:isadizzy:

This is payware quality guys. Just a superb aeroplane, beautifully modelled. Many many thanks.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

WOW... Very nice gift

Thank you very much :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Petford View Post
    Now does anyone fancy doing a repaint of Amy Johnson's G-AAAH "Jason"? The version intended for the FS9 model won't work with the new texture mappings.

Ade
    If you are patient it is on my to do list now I have a couple of photos of the museum model. Got a couple of VH-*** to do first.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

If you are patient it is on my to do list now I have a couple of photos of the museum model. Got a couple of VH-*** to do first.

Great, thanks AussieMan. I'll look forward to that and your Aussie paints too. Will be excellent to have some additional liveries for the new model.

Thanks again,

Ade

Muchos Gracios!

Like Ade and many others, I used to fly Jim's FS9 Moths. Wonderful then . . . and I can't wait to try this new, improved version in FSX (downloading now).
    Many thanks to all at GAS (and Ant) for this gift. :salute:

Thanks GAS looks lovely. Much appreciated :salute:

Well I have almost finished VH-UAE and hopefully by Sunday I will have started work on Amy Johnson's aircraft. Very little will be happening tomorrow as I will be away taking part in a Rural Fire Service exercise.

Cheers
    Pat

Ive always wanted one and this is a great job, thanks a lot!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Well I have almost finished VH-UAE and hopefully by Sunday I will have started work on Amy Johnson's aircraft. Very little will be happening tomorrow as I will be away taking part in a Rural Fire Service exercise.
    AussieMan. You're work in renowned and I look forward to your liveries. Thanks much for taking the requests on

A big thank you to Peter Watkins. Amy Johnson's aircraft has been done by Peter and you can get it here: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=168534

Cheers
    Pat

A big thank you to Peter Watkins. Amy Johnson's aircraft has been done by Peter and you can get it here: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=168534
    Cheers, Pat. I have also issued CF-AGX and am now working on the black and orange G-AANL. Which Oz ones are you doing? I don't want to duplicate your efforts! Looking forward to your VH-UAE.

regards, Peter W

Thank you very much for a spectacular aeroplane. Anything DeHavilland is nectar to me but this is a large step beyond...

Graham.

Thanks Peter and Pat for the superb repaints.

Much appreciated,

Ade

In search for other material on another type only to find many NZ registered DH60s , one even recent in colour dated April 1989 and was for sale few years back $300.000NZ
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Members who have read this thread: 152