Print Sreen Programs

Thread: Print Sreen Programs

Print Sreen Programs

Is there any program that will allow you to take a Print Screen when you are in FSX full screen? So far the programs I have tried always come out black when I try.

Thanks for any info.

Tom Hibben

Charter Member 2015
    There's an inbuilt screenshot capture ability in FSX already...just hit the V button.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Yep V key,and sends them right to your pictures.

Thanks guys,

I have been flying flight sims since the beginning of time, (grin) and didn't know the V key was used for that. I have always used a Print Screen program and could never get a full screen photo. They say you learn something new every day. Unfortunately at my age I am forgetting more than I learn. (grin)

Thanks again,

Tom Hibben

I've used Grabber2k for the past decade or longer and have 100% success rate capturing anything at all, including up to four monitors all at once.

It's a very tiny (~2KBs, hence the name) TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident) utility that's loaded at boot time. There's a popup window that can be opened from the taskbar that allows one to configure G2k for just about anything you could ask for. I normally keep it set for auto-incremented, .jpg images.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Like everything Microsoft, the 'V' key doesn't always work nor does it give a visual or aural signal that you 'captured' something. Am a 'Duck Grabber' person myself.

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Like everything Microsoft, the 'V' key doesn't always work nor does it give a visual or aural signal that you 'captured' something. Am a 'Duck Grabber' person myself.
    I use Snapper...http://www.michielovertoom.com/software/snapper/

Yes I use Snapper, it can imprint the location the snap was taken in FS. However I find the prog a little unstable, in so much as if I leave it unused for a long while on the taskbar it goes into a huff and won't respond. No biggy as and exit and reboot sorts it out.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Grabber2k has never once in all of the years I've used in given me any problems at all.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I use the 'V' key in FSX.

However for many other things I use Greenshot.
    Its a free, open source screenshot tool.
    Allows you to do many different types of screenshots, including capturing regions on a screen.
    Can automatically attach screenshots to Office documents, upload to photo sites, etc.

http://getgreenshot.org/screenshots/

Damn, happened again. took some Snapper shots of the start of my trip in the new DH60, after flight went to check on them - Nothing.
    Furthermore a look for the Grabber2K reveals some websites feel the exe is infected and no longer host it, and the original company seems to have vanished.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Good old FSScreen still works fine with FsX, Fraps works fine too.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I use this
    it have some good options

Members who have read this thread: 38