Meanwhile at our GA aircraft assembly line... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meanwhile at our GA aircraft assembly line...

such a lovely aircraft.
    (F.....g cold out there)
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

General aviation (GA) is one of the two categories of civil aviation. It refers to all flights other than military and scheduled airline passenger and cargo flights. It includes both private and commercial. General aviation flights range from gliders and powered parachutes to large, non-scheduled cargo jet flights. The majority of the world's air traffic falls into this category, and most of the world's airports serve general aviation exclusively.

Cheers,

Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    My understanding was that the shorter/corporate versions were called "Merlins" rather than "Metroliners".
    Honestly, I've heard and seen both used more or less interchangeably over the decades. This aircraft and all its variants have had one of the most confusing historys ever!

From the screenshots of the downward curved wingtips, it's not clear just which variant is being modeled.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Charter Member 2012
    I believe the 'fence' on the leading edge of each wing indicates it's a Metro III or 23 only.

Like many others, I'd prefer the Merlin as sim toy - all the power, less weight, and better proportions IMO.

If you go back and read one of Jose's earlier comments it's stated that the screenshots are of the Metro III model. I believe everything from the Merlin IIIA to the Metro III (including the Merlin 300!) has been modelled? Not sure if all of them are planned to be finished but it would sure be nice to have the whole family!

I've posted these on some of the other forums too but since the Metro topic has been moved here i'll post them again.
    http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/PVA1500/Metro/ <---A few panel shots that i took back in the spring. This is also one of the cleanest Metro panels you'll probably ever see!
    *I should mention that the aircraft I photographed was a Metro 23.

That's gteat! It looks to me to be the metroliner III / IV or 23 variant. With the wing fence and longer wingtip. I know because I used to fly on them IRL. Oh and the wing looks a work of art too!
    Mark

Hello Folks,

Any update concerning this Metro ?
    Yves

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeromeo View Post
    Hello Folks,

Any update concerning this Metro ?
    I think Jose is done working his magic on the VC (modelling is finished and looks great!) and it just needs to be textured. If you check Razbams facebook page they also mention that it'll be about a month or so until its ready....I think they've also got a little contest there with a chance to win a free copy of the Metro.
    "Let´s spice things a bit, wanna win a free Metroliner? easy, post your best RAZBAM aircraft screenshot, it can be edited or plain simple from the sim, we´ll choose 4 of them, and then you guys will vote on the winner. The contest is live until 1 week before we release the Metroliner, which is roughly 1 month from now!
    It can be a FS9/FSX/CFS2 or Strike Fighter series, but only one winner regardless of sim version." <---from Razbams FB page.

Can't remember if I mentioned it earlier or not but i've also got digital copies of real world Metro checklists if anyone wants them.

Wondering if there will be a freighter version?
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDAdam View Post
    I think Jose is done working his magic on the VC (modelling is finished and looks great!) and it just needs to be textured. If you check Razbams facebook page they also mention that it'll be about a month or so until its ready....I think they've also got a little contest there with a chance to win a free copy of the Metro.
    "Let´s spice things a bit, wanna win a free Metroliner? easy, post your best RAZBAM aircraft screenshot, it can be edited or plain simple from the sim, we´ll choose 4 of them, and then you guys will vote on the winner. The contest is live until 1 week before we release the Metroliner, which is roughly 1 month from now!
    It can be a FS9/FSX/CFS2 or Strike Fighter series, but only one winner regardless of sim version." <---from Razbams FB page.

Can't remember if I mentioned it earlier or not but i've also got digital copies of real world Metro checklists if anyone wants them.

Excellent news. I'm interested about the Metro Checklist
    Thanks in advance.
    Yves

I'd imagine a freighter variant would be included at some point....I remember that was asked awhile ago and Razbam gave an answer but I can't exactly remember what that answer was

I uploaded the checklists that I have here:
    http://www.freefilehosting.net/norma...t1greenaug2012
    http://www.freefilehosting.net/normalchecklist2beige
    I haven't used any file hosting services before though so hopefully it works.

Hello,

Thanks for the links, work well. A Cargo variant will be included
    Yves