Meanwhile at our GA aircraft assembly line...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile at our GA aircraft assembly line...

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there

Meanwhile at our GA aircraft assembly line...

Metroliner for FSX, our 1st in a serious of GA aircraft under our brand

Best regards
    Prowler

that is some nice work right there...

"Promizing" sounds a bit weak for these screens...

Funny thing is: in these pics, it looks like an upside-down wing

Excellent work!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Whoever is working in the textures is a master at it, but whoever created the 3d model is a genius! LOL!

Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by joanvalley View Post
    Whoever is working in the textures is a master at it, but whoever created the 3d model is a genius! LOL!

Jose.
    LOL, very true, and cheers!

Hit me up on Skype when you get a chance Jose-- I've been trying to catch you.

Cheers,
    Nick

Charter Member 2012
    That's stunning... but the quality of the end product IMO will rest on how well the Garretts are modeled

No longer active
    Which one ? II (with the booster rocket in the fuselage), III, 23 ? Flown the 23 a bit IRL ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningJester View Post
    LOL, very true, and cheers!

Hit me up on Skype when you get a chance Jose-- I've been trying to catch you.

Cheers,
    Nick
    I'm up right now and will be later on again.

Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    Which one ? II (with the booster rocket in the fuselage), III, 23 ? Flown the 23 a bit IRL ages ago.
    The screenshots right now, it's the Metro III mate.

Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    with the booster rocket in the fuselage
    I remember hearing stories about how much fun they weren't after losing one after takeoff in the Texas summers.

Prophylactic with wings was one of the names.

Looks really great and I look forward to it (or them?).

cheers,
    steve

Gorgeous, just gorgeous I can only hope you might consider doing a Saab 340.

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    Gorgeous, just gorgeous I can only hope you might consider doing a Saab 340.
    I was dying to make a Saab 340, unfortunately that dream is vanishing... but yeah, I love the Saab 340, Jetstream 31 and the Embraer 120.

Jose.

I thought u said GA, that's a tubie. :-)
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

I am sure this will be an excellent add-on aircraft. But, can a Metroliner really be termed General Aviation? This is a regional commuter turboprop -- it's a bit "beefier" than I would assign to GA.

But, that's a minor point. Again, I am confident many people will love getting this airplane!

Cheers,

Ken

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Well, i´m my defense...it´s on the GA assembly line..lol, but not deemed as one, let´s say we´re expanding operations into civilian aircraft, tube liners, and everything related..
    Prowler

PS: we are not killing military aircraft for FSX yet, btw, all our scheduled (as in made public) military developments will be released into FSX platform without any doubt!

I've been waiting for one of these "skeeters" for a long time. That's what we used to call them when they flew overhead into our college airport. Spectacular work in those pics everyone; well done.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Awesome work! Looking forward to seeing this one.

Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    I am sure this will be an excellent add-on aircraft. But, can a Metroliner really be termed General Aviation? This is a regional commuter turboprop -- it's a bit "beefier" than I would assign to GA.

But, that's a minor point. Again, I am confident many people will love getting this airplane!
    This one might not "fit" the definition of GA, but there were a whole host of Swearingen Metro models, including some which might "fit" the definition.

One such was the one owned by my ex-boss Charles Forcey who flew the "1992 ROUND THE WORLD AIR RACE" in his Swearingen Metro 226TS:

Attachment 72491

Departure Geneva 20th June, Arrival Cannes 12 July : Eastbound. Approx 16,506 n.m. Organized by Bernard Lamy, Arc-en-Ciel, France

Route: Geneva, Helsinki, Moscow, Irkutsk, Yakutsk, Anadyr, Nome, Homer, Victoria, Fresno, Frederick, Goose Bay, Nuuk, Cannes
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    This one might not "fit" the definition of GA, but there were a whole host of Swearingen Metro models, including some which might "fit" the definition.

One such was the one owned by my ex-boss Charles Forcey who flew the "1992 ROUND THE WORLD AIR RACE" in his Swearingen Metro 226TS:
    My understanding was that the shorter/corporate versions were called "Merlins" rather than "Metroliners".
    Now, is Razbam only making the Metro, or are the Merlins included too?
    Adding to that, what about the C-26 versions?

Not requesting, just curious.

The texturing looks great! Very impressive! Almost looks better than the real thing

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post

Ahh, what a cute lil plane!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Hello FOlks,

look very promizing, the Garett are lovely modeled, now you have to include the best sound pack for these fine Garett, no choice...

Dou you plan an Expediter freighter, no cabin windows ?
    Count me in:salute:

:ernae:
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

As this thread is being coy about what it actually is, assume the use of "GA" means it is a Merlin III corporate turboprop (and not the "sewer tube" Metro commercial a/c), which would be cool.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.