Beech D-18 Air Force FSX Native.zip

Thread: Beech D-18 Air Force FSX Native.zip

Blog Entries

Beech D-18 Air Force FSX Native.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Skins

Description: This texture was created for the "Beechcraft D-18 Project" FSX native version of Milton Shupe's Beech D-18.

Important: You will need the Mark Rooks Beechcraft D-18 Project aircraft to use this file. The file is available here:
    http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...t-d18-project/

The texture.usaf file contains the aircraft skin, bump maps and specular files to create a highly detailed, natural looking aluminum skin. The bump maps and specular files may also be transfered to a default texture file if you are using multiple skins for this aircraft. (code included)
    A special set of envelope files are also included. These files create a high resolution reflection map that further enhances the bump mapping and reflective layers.

The net result is a very natural "restoration" quality polished metal skin.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Beech D-18 Air Force FSX Native.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

The original D18S aircraft source belonged to Milton Shupe. Dave Carroll converted to FSX native with permissions. Mark Rook added other FSX enhancements. Just FYI. I have no issue with the D18S archive or the follow-on enhancements made to it. These textures are awesome.

Thank you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    Thank you sir for the permissions to post these textures on this forum. I greatly appreciate your efforts in creating these fine aircraft and your generosity in sharing your work with this community. I hope my that my small contributions bring enjoyment to those who use these textures.
    :salute:
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries

Unusual scheme...

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Thank you sir for the permissions to post these textures on this forum. I greatly appreciate your efforts in creating these fine aircraft and your generosity in sharing your work with this community. I hope my that my small contributions bring enjoyment to those who use these textures.
    :salute:
    Stars and bars on the upperside of the starboard wing? and USAF on the port side... might not
    the insignia have been inadvertently transposed?

Blog Entries
    I'm not so sure how inadvertent it was....more like a senior moment. Thanks for the heads up. Made corrections and reloading the files.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 13