A recommendation on FSX FPS Booster

Thread: A recommendation on FSX FPS Booster

A recommendation on FSX FPS Booster

I have a pretty good PC for operating FSX. Intel core i7 960 3.20GHz, 16Gb Ram 64 bit operating system with a new nvidia Geforce 560 2Gb Ram. Seattle Tacoma airport runs about 15 FPS. I was thinking about getting a FPS booster program. What program does everyone use? FSPS - Xtreme FSX Booster v2? or FSPS - FSX Booster v4? Thanks for the help

can't believe you require a FPS booster with a PC spec like that. Must admit that I'm not exactly up-to-speed with all the latest CPU/GPU/RAM variations but that sounds like a pretty decent spec to me (I wouldn't say no if offered similar).

Hope you find something to boost it further!

Regards,

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

i use alacrity pc. for me, it works great. try increasing your page file some. something don't sound right about your results. i would expect better

I think reviews of this type of product have be unfavourable generally. With specs like yours I think all you need is the freeby

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Beware of quick fix programs expeciially ones that cost money. 9/10 most issues can be solved with some tweaks,free programs that at least get you acceptable performance.
    Try Gamebooster. Its free and is used to close all unneeded background progs,services ect. I ran across it a few days ago and it helped solve a issue Ive been having for weeks.
    I also use the veneturbo tool to setp my fsx.cfg.
    Your description is way to vague. Turning on bloom, lots of ai, autogen,dx10, a heavily fragmented hd, lots of background progs, anti virus and a million other things can cause bad perfromance. Rather than writing a small book on the subject do a google search. There are tons of post on hoW to improve performance. Avsim,Nick,here and also on the bottom of that links page is a link to additional info and tweaking.

I have a old i7,2.6 ghz, 6 gigs ram, Vista 64 660 Ti 2 gig card and wiith Active sky,Ground Enviroment, Ultimate Terrain, Flight Enviroment. Even flying in the highly detailed A2a warbirds or fighers with lots of systems, Huds, I usually get 25 smooth locked unless there is alot of weather.

Charter Member 2015
    The ultimate FSX booster is actually "free". If your system can be overclocked (especially the cpu) and it hasn't been locked down in the bios you will definitely see some excellent results by increasing the Ghz. Most intel chips will overclock safely with the oem heat sinks. For more aggressive overclocking seek out a better cooler. For example, the cpu in my old Sim PC is an Intel QX9770 that runs at 3.3ghz as stock. On building that pc I overclocked the cpu to 4.2ghz using a third party air cooler (Tuniq Tower) and it's been running like that for over 4 years now.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

i would sugest that there is some kinda issues becuse i have a way lesser system and i do half way decent.. you might wana look into drivers and such.

what version of FSX did you install?

how dose it do with other games?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmechanic View Post
    I have a pretty good PC for operating FSX. Intel core i7 960 3.20GHz, 16Gb Ram 64 bit operating system with a new nvidia Geforce 560 2Gb Ram. Seattle Tacoma airport runs about 15 FPS. I was thinking about getting a FPS booster program. What program does everyone use? FSPS - Xtreme FSX Booster v2? or FSPS - FSX Booster v4? Thanks for the help
    you dont need a booster as much as you need to make adjustments to FSX.cfg etc...FSX left to itself is a poor performer on any rig - but with a few tweaks - runs very well on most rigs
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube