Any PAL's out there?

Thread: Any PAL's out there?

Any PAL's out there?

Pilot Activated Lighting that it!

I note from real-world charts over here in Oz that many fields have night lighting activated by a radio frequency. Just wondered if this have ever been done in FSX by anyone (freeware or payware) and if it is to do with the plane or the airfield?
    I remember having some scenery in FS2002 that had some hangers that doors opened when activating a particular frequency.

Had a funny experience a while back, camping at Narromine (in NSW; the park is right next to the airfield!). We were set up right next to the beacon tower, which suddenly activated at about 2am (as did the runway lights) with a plane coming in! it was like "war of the worlds" with that big light swinging around high above our heads! :isadizzy:
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Yea, I think a lot of smaller airports are like that. The rwy lights go down after a certain time at night. If you are landing, you tune to a certain frequency, key the mic and the lights come back up for a set period of time. It would be cool if that had been incorporated into FSX, but I've never heard of it being available.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexdoggy View Post
    Pilot Activated Lighting that it!

I note from real-world charts over here in Oz that many fields have night lighting activated by a radio frequency. Just wondered if this have ever been done in FSX by anyone (freeware or payware) and if it is to do with the plane or the airfield?
    I remember having some scenery in FS2002 that had some hangers that doors opened when activating a particular frequency.

Had a funny experience a while back, camping at Narromine (in NSW; the park is right next to the airfield!). We were set up right next to the beacon tower, which suddenly activated at about 2am (as did the runway lights) with a plane coming in! it was like "war of the worlds" with that big light swinging around high above our heads! :isadizzy:

That sounds like it would have been pretty far out, lol.. One of my fave movies.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    It would be cool if that had been incorporated into FSX, but I've never heard of it being available.

Another "one of those things" that never made it into the game or SDKs. But.... there is a thread at the OZx forums about someone who got PAL working on a FSX-specific file. Didn't see anything specific as pertains to how or why.

Members who have read this thread: 24