Aero Commanders - Portovers - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aero Commanders - Portovers

Thanks Uncle MILTON

Roland

I'll look at that EMatheson. Thanks

EDIT: The 500's have a clickable overhead. I will update the 520.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Just completed the full interior model for the AC560A(HC), plus other imprvements. The 560 was a screamer with its high compression engine and geared prop. Her panel was more unique and this model (like all the others) represents the era-correct panel.

Two factory paint schemes plus a real world scheme from one used during project development.

Two screenshots taken just off Vancouver Airport on a narrow strip of land, about 50 feet wide. Fun to land on and take a few screenshots.

Uploaded and available at the original link: http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/AC560VC3.zip

For those of you who already downloaded the earlier post, if you do not need the full interior model, you can pass on this one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton, that 560 took 3 attempts to get it d/l but got her in the end. Thanks again :-)
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

At the risk of killing the Shupe goose that's laying all these golden eggs, can I add my plea for a port-over Beech 18 (G18S or D or whatever don't matter). It was another lovely plane to fly. I remember the Greg Pepper (RIP) version for FS2002 which was superb too.

Thanks for these latest, Milton.

AC500W is my all time favorite. My preferred in FS9 and will be in FSX. It is the quintessential SUV of the air!
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Thank you Milton,I love the Aero Commanders also,one of my all time favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Thanks Milton, that 560 took 3 attempts to get it d/l but got her in the end. Thanks again :-)
    Thanks for yoru patience. Not sure what's going on with my host provider but I will find out. :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by JoHubb View Post
    At the risk of killing the Shupe goose that's laying all these golden eggs, can I add my plea for a port-over Beech 18 (G18S or D or whatever don't matter). It was another lovely plane to fly. I remember the Greg Pepper (RIP) version for FS2002 which was superb too. Thanks for these latest, Milton.

Like the Aero Commanders, the D18S is a bit dated but I think I can get that done this week. Thanks for asking. It also helps that there are about a hundred repaints out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dandog View Post
    AC500W is my all time favorite. My preferred in FS9 and will be in FSX. It is the quintessential SUV of the air!
    Thank you; absolutely the best hand flyers in my stable. These were my first efforts at flight models after the Dash 7.

Quote Originally Posted by aircav1970 View Post
    Thank you Milton,I love the Aero Commanders also,one of my all time favorites!
    Happy that you still feel that way Sir. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I'll look at that EMatheson. Thanks

EDIT: The 500's have a clickable overhead. I will update the 520.
    The AC520 is now updated with a full clickable overhead.

Same link as above: http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac520v3.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton, much appreciated! -TF

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

:salute: I salute you!
    The Aero Commanders (way back in FS2002) were the reason I got "in" to flight simming! These will always hold a fond memory for me!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Like the Aero Commanders, the D18S is a bit dated but I think I can get that done this week. Thanks for asking.
    Quite fond of your D18's. I've virtually flown them a lot out of L20A in Laos. We had a beautiful red tri-gear (H-18?) that was based at PDK when I did my initial flight training. It was once featured on the cover of the AOPA magazine. I can't wait to fly the new version if you make it. The old one was pretty good.

I had the Aero Commanders as well in FSX. I loved the exterior (especially the Mobil Pegasus). The flight model seemed good but the resolution on some of the panels put me off so I didn't fly them much. I kind of switched over to the Turbo Commander instead. I just downloaded the AC560 and took it off from Santa Paula and did a low pass over the field and a quick trip up the valley. Once again a very nice job!

Regards,
    Obie

Milton, you are far too good to us... you push yourself and strive for excellence, and that is commendable. Never have I seen someone in this world spend so little time on their laurels.

The Beech 18 is perfect... a timeless classic. I still prefer your fs9 version to the fsx native!

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    Quite fond of your D18's. I've virtually flown them a lot out of L20A in Laos. We had a beautiful red tri-gear (H-18?) that was based at PDK when I did my initial flight training. It was once featured on the cover of the AOPA magazine. I can't wait to fly the new version if you make it. The old one was pretty good.

I had the Aero Commanders as well in FSX. I loved the exterior (especially the Mobil Pegasus). The flight model seemed good but the resolution on some of the panels put me off so I didn't fly them much. I kind of switched over to the Turbo Commander instead. I just downloaded the AC560 and took it off from Santa Paula and did a low pass over the field and a quick trip up the valley. Once again a very nice job!

Regards,
    Obie
    Thank you Obie. Except for the 680S, the panels and gauges are a big improvement over those originally released. I hope you will try out the the D18S portover I will post today.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Milton, you are far too good to us... you push yourself and strive for excellence, and that is commendable. Never have I seen someone in this world spend so little time on their laurels.

The Beech 18 is perfect... a timeless classic. I still prefer your fs9 version to the fsx native!
    Well, thank you. I will be posting one model of the D18S today as a beta portover. Maybe some of you can check it out. I appreciate all your efforts as well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Rodger sir! Will test it out, I love that old gal!

I have the AC500 v1 for FS 9, with the paint texture "Smuggler's Dream". I love that airplane, and have been flying it in both FS 9 and FS 2002.

Another big thank you to Milton and the team; it's refreshing to trade e-mails with a great designer who treats you like a member of the family,
    always there to offer tips and suggestions and asking for recommendations about the product.

Here's a request for an 'obscure' airplane... how about the airplane that the Spirit of St. Louis was based from; the Ryan M-1 or M-2 Brougham?
    Personally, I've never seen one modeled for FS, but it would be a pretty cool addition nonetheless!

Thanks for everything, Milton!

Alan

thanks again for all the chnages.

2 things
    In my latest 520 download where you added the top panel. I do not have the 2 knobs for setting rudder and elevator trim

I can see your picture do show them and they are definately in the panel.cfg, but I suspect that the current gauges cab file in the 520 (ST_500.cab)do not contain them.
    I copied the ST_500.cab file in the 560, renamed it to ST_520.cab and added it to the 520 panel folder and just renamed the panel entries undeer vcocpit03 as follows now it work in my version also.
    gauge26=ST_520!Elev_TrimD, 136,709,35,185
    gauge27=ST_520!Rud_TrimD, 588,649,208,208

Could you have a look at the view of the oustide temp meter after you added the top instrument panel. from the view looking straight ahead as you posted above in your post, the whole gauge is visible, but when you sit in the pilots seat and look up at the outside temperature meter, then you will find that the meter is obscured by a large degree. This is not the same in the other models, but then again in the othr models it seem that the top panels has been placed a bit further back.

thanks again
    JB

Charter Member 2016
    Thanks for the upgraded AC520! That hits the spot!
    I'll be putting a lot more time on that one now, I think... aside from the panel problem, it always was my favorite of the bunch.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Milton, please excuse my ignorance. I downloaded http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/AC560VC3.zip, and the model and interior model files are zero kbs (the ones added outside of the model folder). Should they not have some data?

Remember, "Sharp as bowling ball and just as dense". That's me.

Daniel
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by dandog View Post
    Milton, please excuse my ignorance. I downloaded http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/AC560VC3.zip, and the model and interior model files are zero kbs (the ones added outside of the model folder). Should they not have some data?

Remember, "Sharp as bowling ball and just as dense". That's me.

Daniel
    For some reason, my website is having download issues. Try the download again and watch the progress. Ensure you get the whole zip file.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by snow_white View Post
    thanks again for all the chnages.

2 things
    In my latest 520 download where you added the top panel. I do not have the 2 knobs for setting rudder and elevator trim

I can see your picture do show them and they are definately in the panel.cfg, but I suspect that the current gauges cab file in the 520 (ST_500.cab)do not contain them.
    I copied the ST_500.cab file in the 560, renamed it to ST_520.cab and added it to the 520 panel folder and just renamed the panel entries undeer vcocpit03 as follows now it work in my version also.
    gauge26=ST_520!Elev_TrimD, 136,709,35,185
    gauge27=ST_520!Rud_TrimD, 588,649,208,208

Could you have a look at the view of the oustide temp meter after you added the top instrument panel. from the view looking straight ahead as you posted above in your post, the whole gauge is visible, but when you sit in the pilots seat and look up at the outside temperature meter, then you will find that the meter is obscured by a large degree. This is not the same in the other models, but then again in the othr models it seem that the top panels has been placed a bit further back.

thanks again
    JB
    Ah, my apologies. I put the early version of the ST_500.cab in the panel folder but I was using the latest version from the gauges folder. The Gauges folder takes precedence over panel folder content.

Attaching the latest version. You need to revert the panel.cfg back to what I distributed.

This ST_500 zip has the .cab file inside. Unzip the folder then copy the ST_500.cab to your AC520V3/panel folder or to your FSX/Gauges folder. Several of these aircraft use this cab so be certain you are using the latest version here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hello Milton,

I confirm the problem of downloading.
    I can not downloading files over.
    This cuts before the end.

Olivier

Quote Originally Posted by jungle_balloo View Post
    Hello Milton,

I confirm the problem of downloading.
    I can not downloading files over.
    This cuts before the end.

Olivier
    Olivier, I will be uploading these files to SOH once I am certain the issues are resolved. Keep trying or wait for the SOH uploads. Thanks for the awareness.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I had the best luck downloading the files singly, one by one.
    Whenever I tried downloading more than one at a time, I got CRC errors, or cutoffs.
    There were a couple I had to re-download a few times, but eventually it succeeded.

Files Removed for Final Updates

NOTICE: I have removed all files now so that final updates can be applied.

I will upload all these files to the SOH library today.

Thanks to all of you who identified the issues and did the swamp tests. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 120