Aero Commanders - Portovers
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aero Commanders - Portovers

Aero Commanders - Portovers

John Hubbard asked if there were FSX versions of the Aero Commander series (526, 560A(HC), 680S, and 500's).

We have not done that but I do run these models as port-overs in FSX.

Well, I uploaded these for John and thought that before I took them down, I would offer them to anyone here who do not mind running these old freeware portovers.

There are both cargo and passenger models included, and the paint schemes that I have active. Some of the paint schemes are original package and many are contributed by other great artists.

There are more than 100 repaints of these aircraft that can be found at major sites, and there are FSX packages also available at Com-Central for members.

I'll keep these links available until interest wanes.
    Here are my copies of the FSX portovers:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac520v3.zip

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac500w.zip

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac500sv.zip

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac500ca1.zip

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac680v3.zip

http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/AC560VC3.zip

Download and unzip; drop the folders into FSX.

Milton Shupe
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Wow, thanks Milton. :salute:
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Much appreciated:salute: Flew the heck out of the dirty Land's End Cargo variant, back when I was still in fs9-land.

thank you Milton. O boy these planes bring back memories..!

Oh how I wish for that old dirty one with really nice 3D brand new FSX VC panel..!

o man I loved these planes. busy downloading them all again even if it is just for the nostalgia

EDIT- but that dirty one with the broken instruments will DEFINITELY be loaded and flown again..!

Great reference Library Milton, Thanks. Admin's. . .how about a sticky?:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hey guys, anyone getting the downloads breaking halfway?

(ps: Milton, thank you )

Ahhh just did a very nostalgic flight in that old dirt "lands end" version...

o boy this plane was just awesome into those backstrips/bushflights.

To developers:
    --------------
    Pretty please can we get a FSX Aero commander. This is ONE plane that I am willing to max out my CR card..
    geeeeesssh, please dont let an old fool beg..!

Mr Milton.. Come-on Sir, you knew what a success this plane was in FS9. Nothing fancy asked, just a bit updated. Not huge array of models.. just give us an updated lands end version for FSX. (no 3D gauges etc.. I am more then content with 2D gauges etc..!)

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Hey guys, anyone getting the downloads breaking halfway?

(ps: Milton, thank you )

I have hd no problem with anyone of them. maybe the site is a bit busy now..

I tried them a few times, it varied... got to various percentages, some further, some worked... some didn't. It would zoom or crawl, then suddenly finish and virus scan and complete it... quite a pain, I'll try one from miltons master site and see if its the same. (I love the lands end too, but wasn't ever sold on the missing gauges!

(I too would like a native commander of some form, Milton himself has a lot on his plate, but I'm sure he'd provide the source models for anyone... like he did to John for the A-26,

Hey folks, thanks for the comments.

The site was doing that break thing yesterday for awhile too but got better after awhile. My apologies.

I will try to redo the key models next year. They really do need refreshing.

The AC500W with the wood panel and the AC520 and AC560A's were refreshed a few years back. The 680S did not make it through that process so the 680S panel/gauges are lower res in the VC.

I do not have the FSX SDK and do not do Native FSX models. As always, the gmax source is available but the mesh is a bit dated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks a lot, Milton
    I've just installed the 520v3 in Prepar3D and looked very OK
    It only needs a bit refreshing to FSX taste.

In any case: the usual high quality of your work.
    Italo

Glad to get these back Milton,one little problem on the 560,I don,t have any gauges or cab file.Downloaded the 520 and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoe6969 View Post
    Glad to get these back Milton,one little problem on the 560,I don,t have any gauges or cab file.Downloaded the 520 and it's fine.

My apologies.

Unzip this and copy the ST_560 file into your Panel folder of the 560.

Thanks for the heads-up. :-)

EDIT: I have updated the archive now to include the ST_560.CAB file. Any downloads after this point will have this file.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    My apologies.

Unzip this and copy the ST_560 file into your Panel folder of the 560.

Thanks for the heads-up. :-)

EDIT: I have updated the archive now to include the ST_560.CAB file. Any downloads after this point will have this file.
    Thanks Milton,it's good to be flying them again.

These beauties are hard to beat!

Here's a link to shockwave lights for them - not sure if they're better.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...wave-treaments

Someone asked about the AC500CA Cargo version so I fleshed out the interior VC model to be a full model. So, if one wanted to do added views for the VC, she is now a full version.

If you wish, you can download, unzip the file and copy the new replacement model file (.mdl) into the ac500ca/model folder. This is for the "dirty" cargo versions.

EDIT: I have also updated the download listed above to include this update. And, I added a net to the cargo area.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

FedEx crates etc all loaded and secure.
    Is there no end to this man's wizardry?

:salute:

I have re-uploaded the AC520V3.zip if you are interested.

I redid the model to give you a complete interior model for outside views.

I also mapped the glass differently to improve that.

And, I corrected the issue with the gauge backlighting so that they are more realistic. See attached.

The link is the same as the original in the first post.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Great stuff again! Thanks, Milton. What a neat insignia you made on underside of the cabin fold down. The panel lights look great - give the impression of a flickering glow reminiscent of that era.

I had a 1930s car in my youth, this night panel reminds me of it! I was never too sure when a bulb would blow, or if the dynamo would pack up. In those days, in the countryside, I drove by moonlight many a time.

Quote Originally Posted by JoHubb View Post
    Great stuff again! Thanks, Milton. What a neat insignia you made on underside of the cabin fold down. The panel lights look great - give the impression of a flickering glow reminiscent of that era.

I had a 1930s car in my youth, this night panel reminds me of it! I was never too sure when a bulb would blow, or if the dynamo would pack up. In those days, in the countryside, I drove by moonlight many a time.
    LOL Thanks John. I too remember those days in the 50's, driving under a full moon on a back country road in an old '48 Pontiac straight 8.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Nice improvments! Thanks Milton :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I have re-uploaded the AC520V3.zip if you are interested.
    Dear Milton

Is that the

ac520v31pkg.zip

file?

Thanks

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Dear Milton

Is that the

ac520v31pkg.zip

file?

Thanks

Roland
    This is the link: http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac520v3.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The AC500W (wood panel) is another great hand-flyer. Since I have gotten the process down to quickly convert the VC interior to a full model, I converted the AC500W this morning, corrected some glass mapping and improved the specular, and verified the night gauge backlighting.

In testing these conversions, I had not remembered just how nicely these Aero Commanders fly and handle. Sweet stuff!

Anyhow, I have uploaded the conversion and it is now available.

Same link as in the first post: http://www.flightsimonline.com/fsx/ac500w.zip

This is a small download, about 14+MB but is the whole package.
    Simply replace your existing folder for the AC500W if you downloaded this earlier.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2016
    I want to thank you very much, Mr. Shupe... your creations are wonderful and I get a lot of enjoyment from flying them...
    My favorites are the Beech 18, Spartan, and the C1A cargo edition - they get regular use.

While we discuss the Commanders, though, I've got a request to make. I've become a regular VC-only sort of simmer - and the lack of functionality on the overhead panels in the Commander FPS VC updates has been driving me crazy. I've chosen to stick with the original editions rather than upgrade - there at least the overheads work. Would it be possible to remap the overhead panels in for gauges in the VC? The affected Commanders are the AC520 and AC500 wood panel... I don't know of FPS updates for the other Commanders.
    Thanks for considering this, at least...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Members who have read this thread: 120