Prepar3D Version 1.4 Download - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prepar3D Version 1.4 Download

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    Finally got 1.4 loaded. Now all it does is "Fatal Error" message me and crash! I can't even start to express how PO'd I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Mud............that sounds like a "run as administrator" thing.....Installation step 1 - right click set up exec and select "Run as Administrator" from context menu.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Hey Mud............that sounds like a "run as administrator" thing.....Installation step 1 - right click set up exec and select "Run as Administrator" from context menu.
    I think LD is right, MM.

Right click on the P3D exe icon and select Run as Administrator
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Master of Disaster
    It's not there when I right click, I'm set up to run as admin.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

It's not there when I right click, I'm set up to run as admin.
    There are two totally separate "Administrator" modes in both Vista and Win7. There is a higher level sometimes called "Super Administrator" which has total access to the system at the root level. You can only get there by issuing a command at a "Command Prompt" level then rebooting.

You don't have a "Properties" selection when right-clicking on the desktop icon? That's where you'll find the option to "Run as Administrator."
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Master of Disaster
    Done it all, instructions, removal, run admin etc........still crashing! :-(

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Lionheart here is a perfect thread on what I'm dealing with. Seems I'm not the only one. All my checksums match, so no corruption and I have full rights over W7 period after giving it my custom attitude checkhttp://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...ewtopic&t=1217

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Master of Disaster
    Glad it just isn't me having issues! They really F'd up a good thing for me! Feels like I'm dealing with FSX all over again!

SOH-CM-2014
    Glad it just isn't me having issues! They really F'd up a good thing for me! Feels like I'm dealing with FSX all over again!
    Its running very good for me.

I loaded it up on the laptop and was running it yesterday on it, and it ran fine on that too. I did have to lower autogen, raise special scenery effects and things, lowered viz distance a bit and it started running like glass. Kept clouds, traffic, etc, all set. In FSX, I had to turn most everything off or to 5%.

On that post, some were not right clicking and going through 'run as Administrator' and one had a bad download. It was 3.99 on the readout, but a check of the actual file with a program showed it was missing files.

Why not give it a try and redownload it. Its a massive download. Maybe something went wrong. I know during my download, number 2 timed out several times. I have dealt with many customers in the payware business that downloaded my product (that they paid good money for) and the wings were wacked, gauges not working sound wouldnt work, and it turned out to be a bad download and reloading it new fixed everything.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    Are you sure you havent recycled any files back into the sim? Like settings files, the Prepar3D config file?

Try deleting or hiding the config and restarting, like we would do with the FSX config. It re-sets its brains and goes pure again. See if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Its running very good for me.

I loaded it up on the laptop and was running it yesterday on it, and it ran fine on that too. I did have to lower autogen, raise special scenery effects and things, lowered viz distance a bit and it started running like glass. Kept clouds, traffic, etc, all set. In FSX, I had to turn most everything off or to 5%.

On that post, some were not right clicking and going through 'run as Administrator' and one had a bad download. It was 3.99 on the readout, but a check of the actual file with a program showed it was missing files.

Why not give it a try and redownload it. Its a massive download. Maybe something went wrong. I know during my download, number 2 timed out several times. I have dealt with many customers in the payware business that downloaded my product (that they paid good money for) and the wings were wacked, gauges not working sound wouldnt work, and it turned out to be a bad download and reloading it new fixed everything.

Bill
    Bill , (and MM)

I just finished loading P3D and all went well , without errors . Just to clarify there are two times (according to installation instructions) to "Run As Administrator" . Right click on Setup.exe during initial installation and right click again on the Prepar3D.exe (inside Prepar3D folder). I believe instructions were specific that both(setup and Prepar3D.exe's) had to be "Ran As Administrator" or these type of errors would occur . Maybe some people are right clicking only one of the two exe's required and not both . Only my meager suggestion (and guess).

Rich

Spent way too much time this afternoon on backing up essential folders from 1.3 and loading up P3D but WELL worth it . May try to start loading a few AC and scenery tomorrow . Really like what I've seen in 1.4 . A big improvement . Congrats to LM !

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Bill , (and MM)

I just finished loading P3D and all went well , without errors . Just to clarify there are two times (according to installation instructions) to "Run As Administrator" . Right click on Setup.exe during initial installation and right click again on the Prepar3D.exe (inside Prepar3D folder). I believe instructions were specific that both(setup and Prepar3D.exe's) had to be "Ran As Administrator" or these type of errors would occur .

oooooooooooooooooo...... yep.. I remember this. When I was running my installer for Build 1.4, I realized I didnt start the Installer with 'run as Administrator and quickly killed the installation, deleted stuff, and restarted.

That my be why I have no issues.

MudMarine, did you run the 'installer' as Administrator? If not, uninstall and do that now.

Bill

Master of Disaster
    Finally got it running! Don't ask me what I did........? All seems well after the 5th install, fingers crossed!

SOH-CM-2014
    Awesome! Glad its running right, MM.

Feels good, eh?

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Well I have finally downloaded P3D V1.4 but have uninstalled it and gone back to V1.3 as the Australian stuff from ORBX won't port over as there is a problem with the Migrator Tool.

When that is sorted then I will reload V1.4.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2014
    Sorry about that Pat.

Was it running ok for you to begin with?

I hope they get the migrator tool working again for the new Build.

Bill

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Bill P3D 1.4 worked great for me but when I ported over the ORBX stuff only the PNW stuff ported over. ORBX are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 56