Prepar3D Version 1.4 Download - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prepar3D Version 1.4 Download

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I didnt get as far as you got Naismith.. I id a "clean" install ( uninstalled the old version from the programs control ) and, i dont have either Iris's or Lionhearts aircraft to select in the menu.. its like WTF?? I've got a dev license. does this mean i dont get the candy?? I'm confused and upset..
    Pam
    I also have a Devs license and I got both the Lionheart and the Iris aircraft. The Iris aircraft is a handful, almost requiring the entire length of the Norfolk runway to get into the air, accelerates like a turtle and gets into an incontrollable spin at the drop of a hat. I still have not tested Lionheart's aircraft. Too busy porting the A-7 and T-2 to Prepar3D, including creating installers and checking the modules.

I will upgrade the Corsair II with a working gun and perhaps a TV camera in cockpit.

Blog Entries
    Well, i make no claims on the T-6.. It was one of my first flight models, and Iris tweaked it after i turned it over to them.. If i can "ever" get the right T-6 into p3d i'll rework the fde for you ( wish they had done that to begin with,, grrr ) . since i have PW internal docs on the PT-6 i can even go so far as to rebuild the entire engine ( bolt by ever loving bolt ) and promise i'll do that for you folks.. Just give me a month or so as my dance sheet is still loaded ( pc-21, pc-9, Yak-130, SU-37 )..

Blog Entries
    I think i'm just gonna start with a clean wipe. Uninstall and delete everything P3D, then reinstall.. it sux, but i'm not trusting everything right now..
    One of the issues ive been seeing, with the PC-21 directly and indirectly with the T-6, is that P3D is NOT fsx. The planes do not fly the same. I think that P3D offers a much broader range of programming possibilities, but it also enforces a greater amount of exactitude in that programming.. The SU-37 will be difficult..

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    warchild
    I didnt get as far as you got Naismith.. I id a "clean" install ( uninstalled the old version from the programs control ) and, i dont have either Iris's or Lionhearts aircraft to select in the menu.. its like WTF?? I've got a dev license. does this mean i dont get the candy?? I'm confused and upset..
    Pam
    The Mooney is under Mooney (the manufacturer) and is the 'Acclaim' model.

The Texan is under Beechcraft and is listed in there with the Baron and Kingair.

My rig has them when I loaded up the fresh install, no addons installed yet.

Interesting...I bought it, but hadn't reinstalled it since updating. Somehow it made its way back in 1.4, even though I deleted everything per the installation instructions. Oh well, saves me one thing I won't have to install now
    kjb
    KJB, I think if you did the uninstall, all the addons and DLL's and scenery that you had installed stay in that folder. But if you uninstalled 'everything' and deleted the remaining bits from the folder, then something went wrong or 'odd'. Has happened many times though that odd things in software occur.

They still have not addressed some fundamentals. It still boots up into a flight, no menu screen. Wx is the same albeit I use an external program for Wx, ATC pop up still solid. And frustratinglt the ALT Return to switch from windowed into full screen still does not work. Oh and it does not recognise SPAD for my Saitek panels.

I cannot see me using P3D as my main sim, so its back to trusty old FSX.
    Naismith
    Naismith, they never said they would be adding a startup page to the sim. Sorry to see you go.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Blog Entries
    ok, got the acclaim.. and i like it.. didnt think of looking under beechcraft. to me its always been a pilatus, though i did know of beechcraft licensing the T-6 from them.. just old habits and ways of thinking.. Thanks for that info Bill.. Much appreciated..
    Pam

Blog Entries
    Naismith.. I also dont have a menu (no one does ) but i DID try the ALT-Enter, and it works on my machine.. Something is going on there on yours..

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    The T-6 seems to be flying better now ( don't know what I did ) but I can't figure out how to get rid of the external fuel tanks ??!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

the airport is a addon simaddons halifax i am tweeking for it though lol
    I noticed with the planes that where hard to get in the air, that when i pushed my throttle forward all the way it did not do it in sim just 69%
    and that my trim seems all over the place think i need to calabrate

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Shane, do you have the web address for simaddons?? I heard they where working on CYWG?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    ok, got the acclaim.. and i like it.. didnt think of looking under beechcraft. to me its always been a pilatus, though i did know of beechcraft licensing the T-6 from them.. just old habits and ways of thinking.. Thanks for that info Bill.. Much appreciated..
    Pam
    Roger that Pam.

I had never heard of the Texan, only the Pilatus, so this was new to me as well.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

http://simaddons.com/
    yes we are working on cywg I have it on my drive I know he put in the new terminal we are working on CYYC and Edmonton too
    sorry bit off topic

I'm not giving up on it, just pointing out a few annoyances which they have known about for ages and done nothing about. A biggy which I neglected to report was they have done nothing to incorporate TrackIR, which for me is huge.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I'm not giving up on it, just pointing out a few annoyances which they have known about for ages and done nothing about. A biggy which I neglected to report was they have done nothing to incorporate TrackIR, which for me is huge.
    The whole TrackIR fiasco is a "He Said, She Said" quarrel. LM doesn't want to use NaturalPoint's APIs and NP doesn't want to use SimConnect. In AVSIM they have found a way to activate TrackIR without using EZDock.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    In AVSIM they have found a way to activate TrackIR without using EZDock.

Nice! Glad they have it working now.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    The whole TrackIR fiasco is a "He Said, She Said" quarrel. LM doesn't want to use NaturalPoint's APIs and NP doesn't want to use SimConnect. In AVSIM they have found a way to activate TrackIR without using EZDock.
    Thanks for the reference. I went to AVSIM, read back to the appropriate post, then promoted the "solution" to the "Tutorials" database.

http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/art...r-in-prepar3d/
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Something is real wrong here. I just installed Prepar3D and she is performance wise acting worse then FSX.
    Update
    What in the world of errors
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
    Application Version: 1.4.4747.0
    Application Timestamp: 50253a53
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2111c0
    Exception Code: e0434352
    Exception Offset: 0000d36f
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional information about the problem:
    LCID: 1033

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Thanks for the reference. I went to AVSIM, read back to the appropriate post, then promoted the "solution" to the "Tutorials" database.

http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/art...r-in-prepar3d/

Hmmm.....link isn't working?
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    Hmmm.....link isn't working?
    I just tried it myself and it worked just fine using IE8...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    The T-6 seems to be flying better now ( don't know what I did ) but I can't figure out how to get rid of the external fuel tanks ??!
    I have not had time to try it but on some models with externals - if you set them up with 0 fuel - the tanks will not display. Perhaps it's the same on the T-6.

Vic

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Something is real wrong here. I just installed Prepar3D and she is performance wise acting worse then FSX.
    Update
    What in the world of errors
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
    Application Version: 1.4.4747.0
    Application Timestamp: 50253a53
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2111c0
    Exception Code: e0434352
    Exception Offset: 0000d36f
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional information about the problem:
    LCID: 1033

Hey CG,

That looks odd.

You know what I would do is re-download the package. If one of those packets was the wrong size, then you may have a bad download. They should be 3.9, 3.9, and I think 1.8 Gigs each. If they are slightly off, then they are missing data.

Also, did you 'totally' reinstall the package? It could be a legacy issue. You are supposed to delete (or rename) even the My Documents P3 sections when you do a pure, clean install. Make sure you did that also.

Bill

I am d/ling all three now and I am showing d/l sizes of 4.0. 4.0 and 1.9 dead.

best

nio

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by vgbaron View Post
    I have not had time to try it but on some models with externals - if you set them up with 0 fuel - the tanks will not display. Perhaps it's the same on the T-6.

Vic

Thanks Vic............that worked !
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey CG,

That looks odd.

You know what I would do is re-download the package. If one of those packets was the wrong size, then you may have a bad download. They should be 3.9, 3.9, and I think 1.8 Gigs each. If they are slightly off, then they are missing data.

Also, did you 'totally' reinstall the package? It could be a legacy issue. You are supposed to delete (or rename) even the My Documents P3 sections when you do a pure, clean install. Make sure you did that also.

Bill
    Hi bill, I did a virgin install as my org install was destroyed on my old computer in the move to San Antonio. Prepar3D has never been on this computer. Checksums matched up. Part 3 although is reading 1.86. The first two read 3.99. Real stange no matter the settings I use Prepar3D goes pure crazy and spikes fly and my ac even looks like a wrecked car in a t-bone lol. this is all default vannilla and virgin on install.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Hi bill, I did a virgin install as my org install was destroyed on my old computer in the move to San Antonio. Prepar3D has never been on this computer. Checksums matched up. Part 3 although is reading 1.86. The first two read 3.99. Real stange no matter the settings I use Prepar3D goes pure crazy and spikes fly and my ac even looks like a wrecked car in a t-bone lol. this is all default vannilla and virgin on install.
    Dang.... Document 'everything' and let the team know about this at the forum at P3.

One last thing. Try this. When you go to start the sim, right click on the icon and select 'run as Administrator' and see what happens.

Master of Disaster
    Finally got 1.4 loaded. Now all it does is "Fatal Error" message me and crash! I can't even start to express how PO'd I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Members who have read this thread: 56