Some Dora-9 Progress Shots - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Some Dora-9 Progress Shots

Master of Disaster
    The TA-152 is freaking beautiful! Mathias does beautiful work!! The pits alone are worth the money and the external model.....BOING!!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

In fact there are quite some differences between the Anton and Dora models (and the Ta-152) The BMW engine on the Anton models is quite vulnerable, while the Jumo engine in the Dora is nearly indestructible.

As the Dora was developed later than the Anton, different technical solutions are chosen at some points, but shortage on materials and skilled labour men also forced the Germans to introduce less sophisticated solutions.
    Al this comes very much alive in the models by Mathias. The silk (external) textures by Alessandro Biaggi give the models an extra dimension.

Cheers,
    Huub

Glad that I can count on my mates while I'm out of the house!
    Thanks for filling the gaps, Huub! :salute:

Little update, a view of the 2d radiostack popup.
    We very loosely adopted the look of a German FuG16 and ported it over into current day Nav/Com functionality.
    I think this one has a very intuitive interface and will be very straight forward to use
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Glad that I can count on my mates while I'm out of the house!
    Thanks for filling the gaps, Huub! :salute:

Little update, a view of the 2d radiostack popup.
    We very loosely adopted the look of a German FuG16 and ported it over into current day Nav/Com functionality.
    I think this one has a very intuitive interface and will be very straight forward to use.
    Nice

I really appreciate 2d radio panel, it is usually much easier to operate radios on 2d panel than in VC, where sometimes, depending on the radio location and type, you practically have to pause the whole sim while fiddling with the frequencies.

Some Dora-9 Progress Shots

Hi Mathias,

This is looking awesome, I can't wait!

After watching the Battle of Britain, I've had an urge to fly DLW aircraft in general - of course, sadly I've found there are far fewer DLW aircraft than western allies aircraft (And Soviet aircraft even less than DLW..), so this will no doubt be a valuable addition to the "fleet"!

As an aside, do you plan to put the new 2D radio stack into the FW190A series as an update, it looks like it could be a really useful addition to have.

Regards,
    Craig.
    Sent from Tapatalk
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I'm not a big ww2 type guy (cold war era fan) but the Dora is one I have always liked the look of. Have a hard time waiting for this one, will certainly get it.

Can't wait for this one to be released...

...because hopefully the NEXT one to be released will be the BF-110!

K

Thanks guys!

@ Craig: I'm fancying to bring a couple of the new things over into the Antons, the radios being one of them

@ ColoKent: S'pose I'm running out of weak excuses if I don't continue on the Zerstörer "NEXT", don't you think?! :mixedsmi::salute:
    Mathias

No such thing as too many German a/c. I think what everyone is trying to say is that we will buy anything you make. The quality of your work does justice to these marvels of German engineering and your dedication to your customers is unsurpassed. I reckon that means you have a 'cult' following here.:ernae::salute:
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Cheers Craig, you're more than welcome!

Some Ta152 shots.
    That thing has some serious wingspan! :-)

Mathias

I can speak for all, that we are anxiously waiting for this.

Great work.

Looking great!

Anyone know how Mathias is?

Quote Originally Posted by P38man View Post
    Anyone know how Mathias is?
    Maybe work on Dora for P3Dv2 ; ) ?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

He is well and doing final cleanup/polishing and typing Fw190D/Ta152H manuals, for FSX that is. :-)
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    He is well and doing final cleanup/polishing and typing Fw190D/Ta152H manuals, for FSX that is. :-)
    Great to hear on both counts....

Great to hear Mathias is well Mathias. Take good care of him as we are all waiting patiently for his next brilliant release. And the one after that but no pressure.
    All the best Mathias and I personally am looking forward to both of your next aircraft.

Thanks much guys!
    Here's a quote from our support forum:

we are targeting for a release on Sunday, 15.December 2013 at the very latest.
    That is if no serious illness, earthquake, fire or the like or (beware!) unforseeable program faults get in the way.
    Mathias

This time we have an easy-to-use payload manager with a unique interface to each subvariant that allows you to add/remove payloads and fuel "on the fly" with a simple mouse click.
    As you can see the Ta152H-1 has more fuel/methanol/nitrous tanks than gun shells! :-)

Last edited by Mathias; November 28th, 2013 at 08:26.
    Mathias

Sold.

And these are useless words to meet the minimum message size :')

Two more shots of the D-9, one with DX10 cockpit shadows.

Mathias

Was the D-9 the final version of the FW-190?

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Was the D-9 the final version of the FW-190?

Kent
    No, the final operational Fw190 would be the Ta152H-1, even though it didn't carry the name Fw190 anymore in honor of Kurt Tank.
    The last of the Doras was the D-13, also included with this package.
    It's fair to say though that the D-9 was the last Fw190 to be build in meaningfull numbers.
    Last edited by Mathias; November 29th, 2013 at 04:56.
    Mathias

And a D-9 is "easy*" to fly compared to an D-13

Humble opinon of a Team member

Roland

*As far as any of them can be called easy.An 190 A-8 is Kindergarden compared to D-9 though

Members who have read this thread: 187