RAZBAM proudly presents: The AV-8B Harrier II Plus for FSX - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM proudly presents: The AV-8B Harrier II Plus for FSX

Given the loss of the F/A.2 I'd always thought that the Gr.9 should have been more along these lines... not that it matters anymore

Bah, bring on the F/A.3, shall be buying the Harrier in the morning

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

and our British harriers have been shipped of to the US to be ripped apart by the USMC for parts to keep theres flying what a waste damn goverment

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    They are all great repaints!....a GR9 is coming BTW..

Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    They are all great repaints!....a GR9 is coming BTW..

Prowler
    Thanks prowler
    ill repaint them on the GR9 when its on my pc
    just 3 things is that a free update for the harrier all ready out or will it be a separate product and is there a fix for the engines not starting after 2 shutdowns

also can some on activate my acc on razbam so i can use the forums there as well

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nath2889 View Post
    Thanks prowler
    ill repaint them on the GR9 when its on my pc
    just 3 things is that a free update for the harrier all ready out or will it be a separate product and is there a fix for the engines not starting after 2 shutdowns

also can some on activate my acc on razbam so i can use the forums there as well
    Zeus is checking on that, the Avionics Upgrade is a free upgrade for the product
    Please PM me your account name
    Best regards
    Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    Zeus is checking on that, the Avionics Upgrade is a free upgrade for the product
    Please PM me your account name
    Best regards
    Prowler
    ok thanks prowler i just sent u a pm ref my acc

lights

has any on managed to swap the the nav , beacon and tail lights for the a2a shockwave lights
    i have tried my self but what ever i do dose not work all i get is the lights it came with

don't get me wrong from a distance the standard lights look good but close up in my personal opinion look a bit OTT and i would like to swap them out so if any one knows how to do it i would be one happy camper

Charter Member 2011
    The issue is, that it does not uses standard lights, or even the FSX lighting system, it uses hard coded 3d lights and it´s own internal electrical system
    Prowler

ok thanks now i can stop banging my head on the brick wall ill just fly with formation lights on my night flights

Charter Member 2011

Avionics upgrade

Gents:
    Here is a pic of the one of the avionics upgrade features coming, A/G radar target lock :

It can track and lock on either ground or sea AI targets, this is just a small part of the HUGE avionics upgrade coming (which will be the last and is also free for all customers)
    Avionics upgrade release date: early next week

Best regards

Prowler

Charter Member 2011
    AV-8B Harrier II Plus avionics upgrade release date is Monday 12, 2012, some of the features included are:
    Upgraded radar modes, A/A and A/G, AI target tracking and lock on either mode
    Upgraded navigation, now all navigation modes are functional
    Air to Air refueling in free flight
    Upgraded HUD, upgraded HUD modes, all checked and tested by real(former) Harrier pilots
    Improved flight model
    Ability to load minimum fuel, empty external tanks
    Improved and upgraded Comm suite
    Improved radar map
    Terrain avoidance Radar mode
    Fully detailed and comprehensive pilots manual, developed specifically for this add on
    THIS IS A FREE UPGRADE FOR CURRENT CUSTOMERS, YOUR ACCOUNTS WILL BE UPDATED AND YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE PRODUCT ALL OVER AGAIN, WE ALSO SUGGEST YOU UN INSTALL CURRENT PRODUCT AND INSTALL NEW ONE.NEW CUSTOMERS, WILL GET THE UPDATED VERSION ONCE THEY PURCHASE.

Best regards

Prowler

Awesome cant wait!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Another MK-2 feature:

Hunting for TEXACO. My AV-8B about to rendezvous with a KC-130 air tanker call sign TEXACO for air-refueling. Free flight. The tanker can be spawned by the pilot only once in every flight. It will appear at 50 nm at 23,000 feet and will fly a racetrack pattern waiting for you.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello Prowler,

Do the improvements in the flight model also pertain to the transition from vertical to normal flight?

Really looking forard to this update

One of the Best Releases of the year...and getting better

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Hello Prowler,

Do the improvements in the flight model also pertain to the transition from vertical to normal flight?
    Since the transitions depends on the engine, the answer is yes.

Charter Member 2011
    Gents
    The AV-8B Harrier II Plus MK-2 is now available. It is a free upgrade for those who have already purchased it. Just logon to your account and download it again. Your counters have been reset. Expired links have been reset as well.

The upgrade includes a manual. The only thing missing from the manual is how to use of the tanker. It was incorporated too late for being included in the manual.
    To use the KC-130:
    1. Shift+G (Toggle tail wheel lock) will call/dismiss the tanker.
    2. The tanker will always appear 50 nm from aircraft present position.
    3. To find the tanker, you must use the TACAN (read the manual for how to use the TACAN):
    3.1 Activate the TACAN
    3.2 Select A/A.
    3.3 The INS must be in NAV
    3.4 You will get steering cues in the HUD towards tanker position.
    4. The tanker will remain flying a 30x60 nm racetrack path. It will remain in position until dismissed or running out of fuel, whichever occurs first. It has plenty of fuel so it can remain aloft for hours.

Read the manual regarding air refueling.

Best regards

Prowler

Great news, can't wait to test out the KC-130 and new avionics improvements.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Hum, I guess i'll have to dust off the Kestral and start hunting Harrier Prey lol. Nah it just means Razbam gets me for a Dec. Order. Excellent job Razbam and Team on the Harrier.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 168