http://www.razbamsims.com/

Click on the Harrier

Best regards

The RAZBAM Team
    Downloading - Thanks!!!

Systems features:
    * Tactical Navigation Computer
    * Detailed and comprehensive navigation instruments
    * Detailed representation of the aircraft*s Gunsight.
    * Detailed MPCD (Multi Purpose Color Displays) with in-depth functionality.
    * Fully operational Radar with A/A and A/G master modes, capable of locking and tracking a target into interception.
    * Complete representation of the armament panel, with working armament stations, fuzing, selection, weapon delivery modes , quantity selection in 2 different modes select the amount of ordance to fall per trigger switch, and then again, you can select the amount and make them fall in pairs or single sequences
    * Detailed electrical and hydraulic systems and panels
    * Detailed fuel panel
    * Simulated Oxigen system
    * Detailed cockpit and exterior lights
    * Accurate weapon loadouts including orndance weight.

Exterior features:
    * Highly detailed exterior representation of AV-8B Plus which include:
    * Working engine nozzles.
    * Working air refueling probe.
    * Accurate external loadouts.
    * Dropable ordnance in free flight*s with multiple ordnance release options
    * Accurate aircraft lights

Accurate and highly detailed paint schemes.

17 Paint Schemes
    AV-8B Plus USMC
    * VMA-211 "Wake Island Avengers" (previous, current and special scheme)
    * VMA-214 "Blacksheeps" (previous and commemorative scheme)
    * VMA-223 "Bulldogs" (current scheme)
    * VMA-231 "Ace of Spades" (previous and current schemes)
    * VMA-311 "Tomcats"(previous and current schemes)
    * VMA-513 "Flying Nightmares" (previous and current schemes)
    * VMA-542 "Tigers" (previous and current schemes)
    AV-8B Plus Armada Española (Spanish Navy)
    * 9a. Escuadrilla
    AV-8B Plus Marina Militare (Italian Navy)
    * 1o. Gruppo Aerei Imbarcati "The Wolves"

MUD Manual in PDF format. The final manual will be delivered with the avionics upgrade.

NOTE: This product version, the Mk-1 will receive an avionics upgrade in a few weeks. The aircraft is fully operational as it is, the upgrade will allow further capabilities and increase realism.

Charter Member 2012
    Downloading now

Awesome, going to be VIFFing tonight!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Just noted something.... if using the RAZBAM Panel to setup the takeoff VSTOL weight.... in their config panel...section 2.... if you set to VSTOL weight... it sets the weight to around 27000 lbs... takeoff weight for VSTOL must be around 21000+ or less. Empty the aux,wingtip and 2 of the center tanks... should be good to go.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    Just noted something.... if using the RAZBAM Panel to setup the takeoff VSTOL weight.... in their config panel...section 2.... if you set to VSTOL weight... it sets the weight to around 27000 lbs... takeoff weight for VSTOL must be around 21000+ or less. Empty the aux,wingtip and 2 of the center tanks... should be good to go.
    The aircraft empty weight is around 13,000 pounds. The loadout manager will give you a VTOL fuel load of about 40% wing tanks. Remember that this aircraft balance is everything. The aux and wingtip belong to auxiliary fuel tanks.

Always been a fan of the AV-8B.

You guys should read the book "A Nightmare's Prayer".

Master of Disaster
    Hoping to get my download link tonight...........
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

If anybody is having download issues please e-mail me at techsupport -at- razbamsims -dot- com

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    The aircraft empty weight is around 13,000 pounds. The loadout manager will give you a VTOL fuel load of about 40% wing tanks. Remember that this aircraft balance is everything. The aux and wingtip belong to auxiliary fuel tanks.
    Ok will go check it out... Tim and I were playing around with it and I had to get my fuel to around 8000 lbs to VSTOL.
    :salute:
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    Ok will go check it out... Tim and I were playing around with it and I had to get my fuel to around 8000 lbs to VSTOL.
    :salute:
    Max weight for vertical take-off is around 21,300 pounds. That means a clean aircraft. Unless you go with almost empty tanks and refuel in air. Sadly, the air refueling system will be enabled in the Mk-2 version. Right now you can deploy the probe but that's about it. In a few weeks we will bring out the avionics upgrade to the Mk-2.

Further on the VTOL. Always face the wind. That's why they put a wind vane in front of you. It works, use it. The aircraft tend to wobble in cross winds. I had one gust tip me over on trials.
    If the aircraft refuses to leave the ground, check the weight. If it does not climb to over 500 feet AGL then it is too heavy.

Read the MUD manual.
    Set the HUD to the VSTOL mode, it has symbols that will help you, like the inverted V that shows when the thrust is perpendicular to the ground. When it is in line with the aircraft pitch, thrust is exactly at 90º with the ground.

Just a remainder:

Nozzle Control uses the Engine Propeller events:

0º Nozzles = Propeller (High RPM) >> Ctrl+F4
    Increase Nozzles angle = Propeller (Decrease RPM quickly) >> Ctrl+F2
    Decrease Nozzles angle = Propeller (Increase RPM quickly) >> Ctrl+F3
    98.5º Nozzles = Propeller (Low RPM) >> Ctrl+F1

Vertical Take-Off Procedure

1. Select VSTOL HUD Master Mode (Click on the VSTOL Button).
    2. Turn ON Flaps System (click on the switch below the FLAPS switch to the ON position).
    3. Set FLAPS to STOL (click on the FLAPS switch). The STOL Advisory light will turn on.
    4. Line the aircraft against the wind. The wind vane will show the wind direction. NOTE: If you attempt a VTOL in cross wind conditions the aircraft will wobble.
    4. Set Nozzle lever until they are at 90º with the ground surface. Note: The aircraft rests at about 5º Pitch Up position so for the nozzles to be at 90º with the ground surface the lever must be at 85º.
    5. Activate the Water System if needed. (Click on the H2O switch to the TO position). NOTE: The water system has enough quantity for a total of 90 seconds of continuous use. The MASTER WARNING H2O light will turn on when there is less than 25 seconds of water in the system.
    6. Full Throttle.
    7. Wait until you reach a high enough altitude (about 600 feet or higher above the ground, NOT MSL) before transitioning to level flight. NOTE: If the aircraft fails to reach 600 feet, it could be overloaded for VTOL operations.
    8. The reaction control system will disconnect when the aircraft reaches 100 knots Indicated Air Speed. At that speed there is enough aerodynamic pressure for the surface controls to work.
    9. Disconnect the Water System if active.
    9. Raise the landing gear.
    10. Set Nozzles at 0º.
    11. Set FLAPS to AUTO or CRUISE as required.
    12. At above 400 Knots, turn the flaps system OFF.

Note on FLAPS:

The AV-8B Plus has an automatic flaps system. The system selects the appropiate flaps setting based on air speed, nozzles position and FLAPS mode.
    Over 400 knots it is recommended that the flaps system be turned on, otherwise the aircraft will shake when the flaps continuosly move between the 0 to the next computed position.

The Automatic Flaps logic is as follows:

+-- CRUISE ----------------------- { 5º
    |
    | +-- Landing Gear UP --- { 0º to 25º based on Air Speed
    +-- AUTO --+
    | +---- Landing Gear DOWN ----+
    FLAPS | +-----------------+
    SYSTEM ---+ +-- Airspeed > 165 Knots ---+ |
    ON | | +---{ 25º
    | | |
    | +--+ +-- Nozzles < 25º --+
    | | | |
    | | +-- Airspeed < 165 Knots ---+
    | | |
    +-STOL--+ +-- Nozzles > 25º --- { 25º to 62º
    |
    | +-- Nozzles < 25º --- { 25º
    +----- Weight On Wheels -------+
    +-- Nozzles > 25º --- { 25º to 62º based on Nozzle angle.

The system sets flaps 0º at 400 Knots IAS.

Some people are having fuel weight problems, because FSX is giving them full tanks when they load the aircraft for the first time. Meah culpa, forgot to include the fuel checker to avoid that problem. It will be solved in the upgrade. To solve the issue, you have to use the load-out manager. Click on the external fuel tank boxes until the "x" appear and then click again on them to make it disappear. That will clear the fuel in the external tanks.

Thanks for another great plane.
    I just have a questions reguarding the effects for the gun. Do you plan on adding tracer rounds to the gun as well as a sound effect for when the gun is being fired?

Mike

ZEUS67, on what forum would you prefer to list bugs? Just started testing another developers model purchased from a 50% sale when the Harrier went live. Bought/installed, but plan on hitting the deck hard tomorrow testing all the features both ashore and at sea with the AV8. Not testing the sound, still remember these RW at 2 am in OIF doing high power engine turns right next to our medevac ops area!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Charter Member 2012
    Wow - this is Razbam's finest!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    Wow - this is Razbam's finest!
    damn, i just bought a quad bike today, will have sit back and admire for now

I love it! I have not made a successful V/STOL yet, but it sure is fun

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    damn, i just bought a quad bike today, will have sit back and admire for now
    That sounds fun

looks good, just waiting for a Gr7/9 to the same standard! BTW are the rocket pod's useable?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    looks good, just waiting for a Gr7/9 to the same standard! BTW are the rocket pod's useable?
    You can launch/drop/fire all the weapons

Havent had a chance to try this yet but had a little prob with installer I thought I should mention...

You might want to check the installer default path on a Win 7 64bit M/C. First time I tried without checking it seemed to put it something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"... i.e seemed to double up on the path. No biggy... uninstalled and manually chose path which got round it but just in case anyone else experience the same thought I'd report it.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 168