OT: I'm sitting next to my father... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: I'm sitting next to my father...

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    My hero is gone. Dad left us yesterday at 6.25 in the morning. He is in peace now. It could see it by watching his face, which was almost smiling. Bless you all for the kind words and the prayers. Cees
    May he rest in peace and may light perpetual shine upon him+

RD

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I lost my father in 2007, I was with him when he passed. I miss him greatly.

T.

Gecondoleerd Cees en heel veel sterkte voor de komende tijd.

Huub

Cees, just saw this thread and wish to add my deepest condolences to you and your family and friends.

You are a blessed man to have had the love of your father, one you called Hero. And, your father, no doubt, was equally blessed to have had your love.

Prayers lifted up for you and yours this day.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

We lost "Pops" twenty years ago. A day doesn't go by without giving him a comforting thought or two. God bless all fathers who did their best in raising their sons and daughters to the best of their ability.
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Nearing 2 1/2 years ago since that day for me. I send my thoughts and my prayers your way.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Cees

Sorry to be so late on this....but you did your Dad good....standing by his side, in his final hours, giving him comfort and peace. I am sure that he carried with him into the after life a mountain tall pile of pride for the son who grew into a great man.

Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cees,

I find it difficult to comment other than to pass on that I too have done this, and while it is difficult it will pass with time.

You did well. I would not trade that vigil for anything. My father passed with his family around him, after I spent the night.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

We had the ceremony today. Dad was accompanied by my sister and me and a few grandchildren to the oven. All the way, as he would have done. It was good. He's with mam now.

Cees

Cees

Pas nu zie ik wat er de afgelopen week is voorgevallen. Woorden kunnen niet uitdrukken hoe erg ik het voor jou en je familie vind. Ik leef zeer met jullie mee.
    December a.s. is het 10 jaar geleden dat mijn vader overleed. Hij had een jarenlange ziekte die hem sloopte (Parkinson). De laatste weken waren voor mijn vader, mijn broer en mijzelf heel intens en ontzettend waardevol. Ik denk dat ik me enigszins kan voorstellen hoe je je voelt.

Ik wens jou en je dierbaren heel veel sterkte en hoop dat de mooie herinneringen de pijn gaandeweg zullen verzachten.

Maarten

My apologies to the not Dutch-speaking forum friends. I couldn't have expressed myself the same way in English. Thnaks for your understanding.

Maarten

Thank you all for the kind and loving words. @Maarten: My father had Alzheimers disease. These photo's go back to 2009 (upper left corner).

Cees

OMG Cees, that's terrible. He must have gone through a very frightful time. Same for you and your family. So sorry to hear.
    Take care.

Maarten

My thoughts are with you, Cees. One of life's very tough times.

Mike

My deepest condolences to you Cees and your family.
    we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

Sorry for your loss Cees . My Mother passed in 2005 from Alzheimers disease and about a year and a half later My Dad passed away from complications of heart and Parkinson's disease . I held his hand as he took his last breath . I think about them everyday of my life and speak of them quite often around my family and friends .

Rich

Looking at his pictures made me smile. Thoughts and prayers.

Jim

Members who have read this thread: 62