Error

Thread: Error

Error

All of a sudden I am confronted with following error message (which has, apparently, no ill effects on the Sim)

Attempt to call a nil value stack traceback:

It occurs at beginning of loading procedure (terrain loading): clicking OK it disappears and the procedure goes on till its completion
    Have you guys any idea ???
    Italo :isadizzy:

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Not I. That is a new one for me.

Did you just recently install a plane or scenery?
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by italoc View Post
    All of a sudden I am confronted with following error message (which has, apparently, no ill effects on the Sim)

Attempt to call a nil value stack traceback:

It occurs at beginning of loading procedure (terrain loading): clicking OK it disappears and the procedure goes on till its completion
    Have you guys any idea ???
    Italo :isadizzy:
    That's a 3rd party module error. P3D just stops running that particular module and follows with the loading procedure. As Lionheart said, did you recently install a scenery or 3rd party aircraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Not I. That is a new one for me.

Did you just recently install a plane or scenery?
    Yes, I did install a couple of planes: so today i uninstalled them but .... same message appears (even if I start with other planes) !!!
    Funny, but the message is cryptic and doesn't give any clue of its cause (at least for a non-computer wizard like me).
    Next thing I'll try to repair P3D with the install procedure .... and we'll see
    Italo

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    If its not crashing anything, only sending a statement, why not just run with it? Unless its quite bothersome.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Yes, I did install a couple of planes: so today i uninstalled them but .... same message appears (even if I start with other planes) !!!
    Funny, but the message is cryptic and doesn't give any clue of its cause (at least for a non-computer wizard like me).
    Next thing I'll try to repair P3D with the install procedure .... and we'll see
    Italo
    I understand the error, but trying to explain it to a non-computer programmer is very difficult since I actually need to use technical words that sound like technobabble. The short explanation: A module programmer did a poor job in memory management and P3D is complaining about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    I understand the error, but trying to explain it to a non-computer programmer is very difficult since I actually need to use technical words that sound like technobabble. The short explanation: A module programmer did a poor job in memory management and P3D is complaining about that.
    Thanks, Zeus, for the effort to explain: everything clear now ......... I'll follow Lionheart's suggestion and forget the message and carry on simming :salute:
    Italo

BTW, you know what?
    If I don't cancel the message, loading of the Sim continues regularly to the default starting flight but ..... no sound, which is back as soon as I cancel the message !!! Check Fantastic furniture Catalogue and Freedom furniture Catalogue.
    Conclusion: the culprit must be a sound file !!!
    I'll carry-on with the investigation !!!

Italo

BTW, you know what?
    If I don't cancel the message, loading of the Sim continues regularly to the default starting flight but ..... no sound, which is back as soon as I cancel the message !!!
    Conclusion: the culprit must be a sound file !!!
    I'll carry-on with the investigation !!!

Italo

I am getting the same msg. Did you find the source of the problem? Thanks. NC

Update: dunno what the problem was exactly. But following installation of Shockwave Lights by A2A, it's all good now.
    Last edited by Navy Chief; January 3rd, 2014 at 16:34.

Careful now. It's a new year. V2 may be on a timer.

Step back for the PC! IT'S GONNA BLOW!!!!!

Damn bugs

Members who have read this thread: 33