JUMPING IN

Thread: JUMPING IN

Master of Disaster

JUMPING IN

Well, I'm jumping into the Prepar3D world. I'm soooo sick of FSX and all it's bugs, I just hope Prepar doesn't disapoint me like FSX has. I guess I'm about to find out! I'm just worried that some of my FSX planes won't work in Prepar.....like my A2A Stang etc?

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated! TY
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Mud......

I've just recently installed Warbirdsim's "Little Friends II". They went in smoother than snot on a doorknob and fly real nice too.
    ........ya just have to try it and see what happens !!

LD
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    You won't regret the move mate.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

It too has its quirks, but and it's a bit but, it is a lot smoother on the fps, and stabler. Should not be long to wait for a major patch either.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I think one of its biggest selling points is that it isn't over. It's being developed. Beyond what add-on developers can do, FSX is done. Flight is done. P3D is evolving. It has the potential to go well beyond what we're used to. It still has some issues from the previous owner, but they're working on it. More and more add-on developers are supporting it. That's worth the price of admission.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey MM! Welcome!

No hops, blips, blinks, no pink runways, hopping, black parts appearing. Just smoooooth flying.

Mind you, 1 in 10 have stutters on their rigs with the 1.3 Build. 1.4 Should be out soon.

It is different from FSX in the layout of the popup menu screens. No start window like FSX, no active weather built in. You can get 'Active Weather' and other weather addons to manage realism weather, and you still have weather themes.

You'll notice that the terrain tiles seem brighter, more colorful. We can use 4096 sized tile textures now, which is massive and high rez.

Bill
    LHC
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Master of Disaster
    Right now I'm feeling that any step away from FSX is a step in the right direction! I'm sure, like anything else, it has it's good points and bad ones. I'm still downloading thanks to a SLOW internet connection! That's what I get for living in the sticks! :-)

yes it stable and also the scenery part looks at lot better than fsx...and it's the same videocard.

Master of Disaster
    Wow, you were right LH! It's like an old friend came back to life, I'm actually excited to fly again! No more worrying what dang bug/glitch is going to crash me. FSX, for me, was NEVER any fun, just a struggle to make it function. I can see werre Prepar3D has it's issues but they're nothing like the ones I had with FSX. Prepar3D is running smoooth and my FPS (not that it matters much anymore) is higher than I've ever seen it. And my fun level is way back up again. It's the best $50 I've spent on flight simming in years! Now I'm hoping to get back online with the old crew, I miss flying with them a lot!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    Wow, you were right LH! It's like an old friend came back to life, I'm actually excited to fly again! No more worrying what dang bug/glitch is going to crash me. FSX, for me, was NEVER any fun, just a struggle to make it function. I can see werre Prepar3D has it's issues but they're nothing like the ones I had with FSX. Prepar3D is running smoooth and my FPS (not that it matters much anymore) is higher than I've ever seen it. And my fun level is way back up again. It's the best $50 I've spent on flight simming in years! Now I'm hoping to get back online with the old crew, I miss flying with them a lot!

Feels good, doesnt it! Like a new sim. Smoooth. No looking at FR's anymore.

I totally wrote off FS9, God bless that sim. I loved it so. But this ran smooth and has so much prestine, super clear detail, I couldnt hang on to FS9 anymore.

I love to find a valley and just fly through it, checking out the terrain, enjoying the flight. I couldnt do that with FSX. Only with FS9.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write