Well...that ainīt came as expected huh?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well...that ainīt came as expected huh?

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there

Well...that ainīt came as expected huh?

MS on Flightīs future..wait....future?

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...ncels-projects

Best regards

Prowler

I guess they had to figure out for themselves that relying on making add-ons won't make you rich!

Charter Member 2011
    feel sorry for the staff, but its no surprise really. You kinda new it was going tits up when it appeared on steam.
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

It's no surprise. They had the business model right initially, then dumped it when the abandoned FSX. With Flight, they somehow expected to make more money by people buying their add-ons and since they weren't including the developers who make really good add-ons, it was just a bad idea. With FSX, one could buy the program for a reasonable amount and fly the world with thousands of freeware and payware add-ons.

I'm more surprised that someone there thought it was a good idea in the first place.

That's what happens when you turn your back on the community.

WHAT???? MS cancelled Flight!?!??!?! How am I going to sleep tonight? Oh, that's right...on my belly with my head cradled on my right forearm....just the way I sleep every night. No real surprise that Flight crashed already.....for me, it was dead before it was released to world.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another half finished Microsoft project.
    I am shocked I tell ya.
    SHOCKED!!!!!

Blimey, that didn't take long did it?
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

A kick in the teeth to those people that have actually opened their wallets, perhaps they will sell off the code for some other company to pick up the baton and stumble with it.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Hmmm don't know if this is good or bad news. That new M$ strategy got what it deserved, and many are in high hopes for LM now to bring P3D further. With MS crashing with the flight concept, I wonder what will happen now. I hope this calamity has no adverse effects on LMs plans.

Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

WOW, that title was going down fast.
    Mathias

indeed, that was quick.
    Just shows you that you should never trust any market-research based spreadsheet-managment speak...
    Personally, I was amazed that flight could't keep me interested for much longer than two hours, and most of that was spent installing it.
    I mean, a small part of the world that does not interest me, combined with aircraft that didn't interest me or had no cockpit, and that you could not paint or do anything with, water textures that looked very unrealistic (to me anyway) and ground textures that were not that impressive either, especially compared to my orbx world. OK, so it was smooth, but so is my FSX, so what else was there to like?
    Still, too bad for all the people that were laid off, I'm sure they did their best with what they were allowed to do.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

it should have been a sub sim

I'm sorry to see people losing their jobs, but the cancellation of MS Flight does not surprise me. I don't think Flight found much popularity among flight simmers nor among the console gaming crowd.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Copyright Đ Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    ... too bad for all the people that were laid off...
    I did not read the link this morning but I will tonight when I get home. I have to ask: ...did they lay off the man responsible for pushing this "idea" of "Flight" and his little group of "yes men" ?

Yep, think there's a lot of us thinking right now. . ."I told ya so. . . ." Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone really.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    what the hell was MS Flight ?
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    That's what happens when you turn your back on the community.
    Those are exactly my words !!!!
    Very bad strategy decision in the first place ...
    Oh well, nobody is going to regret the end of MS ... on the contrary "allez" with P3D
    Italo

Master of Disaster
    I kept MS Flight on my system for 15 mins. They don't seem to understand our communtiy, the dedication and the disposalbe income that we have. Aviation is more than a game, it's a life long passion for me and I'm sure many more: it's not just a hobby!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

WHAT???? MS cancelled Flight!?!??!?! How am I going to sleep tonight? Oh, that's right...on my belly with my head cradled on my right forearm....just the way I sleep every night. No real surprise that Flight crashed already.....for me, it was dead before it was released to world.

OBIO
    AMEN Brother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

I wonder what happens to any balance you had on the books to purchase any future addons ? Not sure what MS called it .

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    what the hell was MS Flight ?
    I don't think it's possible to put it better!

Unfortunately, MS has allowed the genre that they played a big role in defining, pass them by. Guess that shows what can happen when you let the "marketing / product development types", pitch a concept without proper research. They had their opportunities to make it whole, hale, and hearty, but chose the wrong road when they walked away from the community. The road they chose led them right out of the market.

It was, as they say, "Just a matter of time".

Regards
    Bill

thats amazing

MS Flight didnt last Long at All
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

[QUOTE=Crusader;733730]I wonder what happens to any balance you had on the books to purchase any future addons ? Not sure what MS called it .

Just found out the answer to my stupid question . Their server is still up and I noticed they just added a Cub yesterday so apparently no more future development . I did think the scenery was good but I wish I had not even gotten involved with it in the first place . I loved their Stearman too.

Rich

Well I'm one who tried to support Flight by purchasing the island package and Alaska,only to be really disapointed with the Alaskan scenery.But all the time thinking maybe they would see the light,now I,m sorry I ever gave them a dime