Well...that ainīt came as expected huh?

Thread: Well...that ainīt came as expected huh?

Hybrid View

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there

Well...that ainīt came as expected huh?

MS on Flightīs future..wait....future?

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...ncels-projects

Best regards

Prowler

I guess they had to figure out for themselves that relying on making add-ons won't make you rich!

Charter Member 2011
    feel sorry for the staff, but its no surprise really. You kinda new it was going tits up when it appeared on steam.
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

It's no surprise. They had the business model right initially, then dumped it when the abandoned FSX. With Flight, they somehow expected to make more money by people buying their add-ons and since they weren't including the developers who make really good add-ons, it was just a bad idea. With FSX, one could buy the program for a reasonable amount and fly the world with thousands of freeware and payware add-ons.

I'm more surprised that someone there thought it was a good idea in the first place.

That's what happens when you turn your back on the community.

WHAT???? MS cancelled Flight!?!??!?! How am I going to sleep tonight? Oh, that's right...on my belly with my head cradled on my right forearm....just the way I sleep every night. No real surprise that Flight crashed already.....for me, it was dead before it was released to world.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Those are exactly my words !!!!
    Very bad strategy decision in the first place ...
    Oh well, nobody is going to regret the end of MS ... on the contrary "allez" with P3D
    Italo

Excellent post.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

This has nothing to do with "turning your back on the community". Truth is that the community isn't big enough anymore to make it worthwhile for MS to invest money for (comperatively) so little in return for them. Ask yourself this: where would all those add-on developers be if MS hadn't invested in the development of the base program? Flight was a (desperate) effort to get the punters interested in (civilian) flight simulation again. It is not MS that has turned its back on flight simulation, its the (mass) market that has (and did so long ago). And instead of gloating about the demise of Flight, that's the thing we should be worried about: the world at large apparantly doesn't give a flying **** about flightsims. The failure of Flight only confirms what MS was probably expecting. MS most likely will now turn its back on flight simulation(s). And given the state of affairs, I can't blame them for making that sound business decision. They're not a charity. As for Prepared, we're still to see if and under what conditions Lockheed Martin will (be able to) develop it further. IMHO, Prepared at the moment is nothing more but some vague promises by LM and a desperate clinging on to hope by the FS-community.

Just my 2 cents
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    feel sorry for the staff, but its no surprise really. You kinda new it was going tits up when it appeared on steam.
    What does being on Steam have to do with it?
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    What does being on Steam have to do with it?
    MS have been anti-steam in the past, they wanted everyone to use their own version for games. allthough looking round it seems to have relaxed a bit, but not on the major money makers it seems.
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out