Train Simulator 2012

Thread: Train Simulator 2012

Hybrid View

Train Simulator 2012

For those of you that do not have and want to try it Steam has it on sale right now!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12399/

I paid retail for all of these when they first came out and this is a heck of a deal especially with the North East Corridor and Donner's Pass.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

downloading now.....i live along donner....i suppose its colfax to truckee?

Outstanding....thank you, Mr. Davis!

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    For those of you that do not have and want to try it Steam has it on sale right now!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12399/

I paid retail for all of these when they first came out and this is a heck of a deal especially with the North East Corridor and Donner's Pass.

Took a look at it and you're right. A good deal - 90 % off. Thanks for the Heads Up.

Unfortunately, they have two of the conditions that I refuse to accept.

One is you have to JOIN their community and download proprietary software in order to download the product.
    Good Grief, just give me a download link !!!

Second is you have to furnish a credit card. Hey, if you don't take PayPal, fuggedaboudit !! I've had a few credit
    cards numbers scammed in the past by poor security somewhere and I won't allow that anymore.

Too bad. Would have liked to buy. Perhaps they will use PC FlightSim Deal of the Day for 90% off.

GLH- I have never had any negative issues with Steam and I was reluctant at one time too and the one thing I do like about it is that if you have to reinstall you just download the Steam client and it installs anything and everything you have ever bought through them again.

Your welcome guys, enjoy! The Northeast Corridor is pretty cool.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Took a look at it and you're right. A good deal - 90 % off. Thanks for the Heads Up.

Unfortunately, they have two of the conditions that I refuse to accept.

One is you have to JOIN their community and download proprietary software in order to download the product.
    Good Grief, just give me a download link !!!

Second is you have to furnish a credit card. Hey, if you don't take PayPal, fuggedaboudit !! I've had a few credit
    cards numbers scammed in the past by poor security somewhere and I won't allow that anymore.

Too bad. Would have liked to buy. Perhaps they will use PC FlightSim Deal of the Day for 90% off.
    WRONG. They take PayPal. I know. I just used it to get this deal on TS2012.
    It's an option in the Payment Methods.

I've been a Steam user for almost a decade now, and have never had a problem.
    It's actually a great community unlike some others out there, X-Box Live for example. They moderate it very well.
    ANY game I buy I have access to, anywhere, because it is account based.

Couldn't tell you how many thousands of dollars I've saved on games over the years.
    They do great deals like this all the time.
    So far this month has been the craziest for deals, like this one for TS2012.
    I've been wanting TS2012 with the USA packs for some time, now I have no reason not to get it.

Thanks for the HU on this one, Mr. Davis!

EDIT: Sweet it comes with Steam 'Achievements' to shoot for as well.

Being a train guy as well as a plane guy, 90% off is an offer I almost can't refuse. But... I'm curious as to how TS2012 compares to Microsoft Train Simulator. A quick check at TrainSim.com showed waaaay more MSTS stuff available for download. Have folks constantly updated MSTS as has been the case with CFS2, or is it pretty much old tech at this point?

MSTS is way old tech. It's definitely worth the investment for Train Simulator. I've had it for two years now, and have not regretted the original purchase price. It's been updated and upgraded a couple of times now at no cost.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)