Another mystery plane spotted diving on a B-17 formation !!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another mystery plane spotted diving on a B-17 formation !!

Another mystery plane spotted diving on a B-17 formation !!

From Classics Hangar's forum (I hope you don't mind Mathias!)

"We heard from reliable sources that the mystery aircraft is currently being prepared for combat trials.
    The source claims that several of the above aircraft are being prepared with camo and unit markings so we expect them to appear in larger numbers soon.
    In the meantime we received a photograph captured by a B-17 tailgunner of another as of yet unknown German fighter aircraft that dived from very high altitude on the bomber stream"

So is it a Fw-190D (previous pic) AND a TA-152 or just one or something else???

Exciting stuff !!

Obviously a Ta-152H. I definitely want this bad.

SOLD!!!!

Bad news....

...that's not a very well modeled BF-110!

K

I'll echo what I posted at the Classics Hangar forum. Please let it be a Dora/152 package. Kurt Tank's Greatest Hits, courtesy of Mathias and his team.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ...that's not a very well modeled BF-110!

K
    Agreed!
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Looking at the first picture again, that might indeed be a Ta152 C. Maybe A2A still has the Dora on the back burner? :mixedsmi:

Looking at the wingspan I think it is a Dora. I hold my breath in anticipation
    Ernie

its a Ta-152 more then likely the H model
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Dora would be a instant purchase for me
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by AusWilko View Post
    A Dora would be a instant purchase for me
    although the 152 would make a darn good High flyer though. u could fly up there with the jets lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep that it would, They are both favourites with me along with the Corsair
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Charter Member 2012
    Definitely a 152 above with the wingspan, and the other photo on the Classics Hanger looks like a Dora - the nose doesn't look long enough to be a TA.

Anything Focke Wulf would be fine with me. Another SOLD here checking in!:salute:
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

FINALLY!

Thank you Mathias!

Crazy level of detail !! :isadizzy:

SOLD

Master of Disaster
    Long nose Dora!!! Awesome!!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Thanks guys!
    So let me repost what I just wrote in our forum.
    Note the screenshots are unedited in my default desktop resolution 1680x1050 so you may not see them in full size here at the board so here are some direct links:

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/fw190d-9_11.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/fw190d-9_12.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/fw190d-9_13.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/fw190d-9_14.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/fw190d-9_15.jpg

As most have guessed correctly, we are completing the Fw190 story.
    A Trilogie isn't complete without part #3.
    It's now three and a half years ago that we released the Fw190A early Variants, almost three years for the late variants and it's about time for a proper Fw190D/Ta152 package.
    A natural choice really after the Anton series was so well received in the community, and I always felt as if something was missing anyway. :mrgreen:
    You can blame our beta testers and many users who didn't stop bugging us to continue the story.

Ok, some facts:
    The project has progressed fairly far on the modelling and programming side.
    The ships are now in Alessandro's paint shop. A little late on schedule since he was plagued by a hand surgery.
    We have the D-9 as it was by far the most numerious of the bunch with about 1800 being produced.
    The D-11. There's only save proof for about 20 but it allows for some cool paint schemes and of course is of interest aerodynamically due to it's sleaker lines and the improved Jumo 213F engine.
    D-13, apparently only two saw service, but it happens that one survived so this is a no brainer.
    Ta152H-0/H-1, sure thing, can't do without!
    Ta152C can happen but I havn't finally made up my mind since the odd half dozen that was build apparently never reached operational status. Well, let's see.

A word on the Anton:
    Since the Dora/Ta package will come with a load of new and improved realism-related programming, and FSX is here to stay for an unforseeable long time we'll keep supporting the Anton as well with a massive feature update post release of the new package.

Here's some unedited WIP screenshots showing the D-9.
    Note panel lines and rivets are overly obvious since these textures are to check out panel and rivet placement.
    There's a few bump map and stencil artefacts here and there, leftovers from the Anton series so far so don't worry about the odd missplaced placard or access hatch.
    I'll post more as the ships roll out of the paint factory.

Let me add I'm so far very happy how the shapes and curves turn out.
    Like the real plane it is based on the Anton series and that proofed to be an easy reconstruction task where one piece led to another since the base mesh was allready that accurate that I could place the slices exactly were Kurt Tank placed them. :lol:
    Interestingly, even the Ta152 retained about 65% of the Anton's components.
    Look at the shots and check where the changes are:
    Added a 500millimeter piece to the rear fuselage, the socalled "Rumpftonne",
    extended the tailfin by 140 millimeter, and of course the nose is new due the Jumo213.
    Of interest also little details such as the place between the gearlegs where the inner geardoors are attached.
    The Anton had a bulge here to make room for the lower exhaust stack.
    The Dora due to the stop gap nature of the design used the same components hence the bulge was still there and the wingfillet was shaped accordingly.

Mathias

Oh my. That is one beautiful bird! Oh la la! :mixedsmi:
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

WoW! Fantastic news!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Master of Disaster
    Man, I want Long Nose Dora now!! I can just picture it me flying her now, blasting through the clouds screaming "Du Hast, Du Hast Mich!"
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    Man, I want Long Nose Dora now!! I can just picture it me flying her now, blasting through the clouds screaming "Du Hast, Du Hast Mich!"
    Like in:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro