Next from Flight Replicas: Me-262 Special Edition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next from Flight Replicas: Me-262 Special Edition

Next from Flight Replicas: Me-262 Special Edition

What, you thought I would take a nap after the 109K-4?

We haven't told anyone, but over the past year Bernt, Warwick and I have put together a new version of the Me-262 for FSX. It's a reworking of the existing Flight Replicas Me-262a-1a, but now features, among other things, very, very accurate flight dynamics (including single engine flight, which with a Jumo is not easy), working gun system and collimated Revi 16B reticule, upgrades to the model, new high res textures, and best of all (depending on your point of view), all the famous headaches of accurately controlling the engines of the world's first operation jet fighter, including the ability to flood and shut down the power plants if you don't move the throttles at the correct speeds at the correct rpm. As far as I know, this is a first in FSX.

Other new feature? It's free. Yes, free, with only one small requirement: The Special Edition Me-262 will be free to anyone who has purchased any of the earlier Flight Replicas Me-262 packages for FSX. After the package is released, you will just need to send an email with your previous purchase info from any of the existing Me-262 vendors, and receive a download link in return.

The Special Edition will also be available for sale for new purchasers, but only on the Flight Replicas site. This because I do not imagine other vendors will want to hand out free aircraft, and wouldn't be happy to have to redirect customers to a potentially competing site.

There are still some details to work out. I will post more news as things move towards release, so stay tuned.

Mike

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Very impressive Mike. My first Flight Replicas purchase was the 109-K, and I'm hooked!

Will this apply to both 262 packages? I'm very much looking forward to this upgrade. I've had your 262 package for some time.

Finally ! Cant wait !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

that is cool i was just wondering if you were going to update that thing! looking good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master of Disaster
    I was just flying my 262 the other day. I've had the FS9 and FSX 262's for a while also. I'm looking forward to the upgrade.......I'm sure I'll burn that sucker up!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    This is more than I dared hope for! I bought all your 262’s but wouldn’t mind to have to pay for this new beauty! Thank you so much. Mike!

That is such good news!

Like others have posted, I was flying this after using the 109 a couple of days ago and just hoping that something like this might happen. Thanks, Mike.

cheers,
    steve

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I hope this will also apply for those who, like me, bought the Flight1 box..?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I hope this will also apply for those who, like me, bought the Flight1 box..?
    Absolutely.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    Will this apply to both 262 packages? I'm very much looking forward to this upgrade. I've had your 262 package for some time.
    Any of the FSX Me-262 packages.

Mike

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Absolutely.
    Thanks Mike!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Excellent news !!
    thanks a lot :ernae:

What a nice surprise! Purchased the original FSX version a few years back. What a magnanimous offer! Thank you!

SHOCK HORROR and DISGUSTon my part I must have been in la la land , I'll wait till the upgraded package is completed <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    You guys are awesome! I purchased this years ago and still enjoy flying it. Have been mulling about buying the 109 (my hangar is getting quite packed these days), but this is awesome news. Especially knowing Bernt is in on it too. Guess this means I will actually have to learn how to fly the thing properly now since the engines will flood.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

I should perhaps just add, in case there is any misunderstanding, that the Me-262 Special Edition is not a patch for the original Me-262's. This is a stand-alone package, and will consist of the 262a-1a version only.

Mike

that Me262 Is amazing airplane i will have to Go Pick a Copy of it up i am a fan of german WW2 Planes

:salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

thanks so much Mike!!

I have your me262 already

really looking forward to it

btw I have wished for the throttle management for a long time but thought it was not possible
    I loved it in il2-1946 , amazing and totally unexpected

if you get a chance mike you should do one of those modern Me-262's i think those are cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    if you get a chance mike you should do one of those modern Me-262's i think those are cool
    I currently volunteer for a guy who owns 1 of the 5 replica's, and am going to see it Sunday. I am going to be taking a ton of photos, and will put them up here when I get back. Supposed to let us do a walk around, and check it out. Then it is supposed to fly.

I figured it would not be a full package update. I am grateful for any updates that come. The aircraft is still good in my eyes even without an update. Although the new features will add a whole new life to the bird.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    I currently volunteer for a guy who owns 1 of the 5 replica's, and am going to see it Sunday. I am going to be taking a ton of photos, and will put them up here when I get back. Supposed to let us do a walk around, and check it out. Then it is supposed to fly.

I figured it would not be a full package update. I am grateful for any updates that come. The aircraft is still good in my eyes even without an update. Although the new features will add a whole new life to the bird.
    Now that would be awesome, lucky dude!! thanks for showing the photos, cannot wait!

agree with your comments about Mikes me 262

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post

if u make it up in a flght in is let us know how i feels compired to mikes new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    if u make it up in a flght in is let us know how i feels compired to mikes new one.
    with Bernt doing the fde it's going to feel like the real thing !!!!

thanks to Warwick for the gauges as well

obviously big thanks to Mike

Bravo, exciting news ! This I look very much forward to
    Ernie