Flight Replicas Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4 Released (Payware)
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4 Released (Payware)

Flight Replicas Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4 Released (Payware)

The Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4 for FSX(A) has been released....

A couple of things to note:

Please take the time to read the manual. The cockpit familiarization illustration is not in a style that we're perhaps used to in FSX, but it's what the real pilots had, and so that's what you get! There are, however, FSX-specific illustrations at the rear of the manual, to cover things that are not covered by the basic operations.

You may also find the electrical switch/buttons more difficult to click on in the VC, but this has been left deliberately as that's fundamentally the view the pilots would have had. The clickspot zones have been extended to enable easy use, however. Just watch the tooltips carefully, and you should get the hang of it.

The guns will not work on the ground, as the brake switch that is on most joysticks also functions at the gun trigger in the air, and so the functions change. It might also save you shooting your Chief Mechanic's head off by accident.

Ctrl-E will not start the airplane - unless you have the magnetos on. Page 26 of the Manual will give you the full starting procedure to use.

The 109K will be available on the Flight Replicas website only, for the first week or so, until I know there are no bugs, and then it will go to the other vendors, if that's where you prefer to shop.

The 109K available on the Flight Replicas website contains the full historically accurate fin markings, and this is default. There are alternative textures in the relevant texture folders, just drop the one you want into the textures and let overwrite.

http://www.flight-replicas.com/Bf-109K_FSX.htm

Turn the volume up - they were loud. We hope you enjoy the Bf-109K-4!

Mike

I see two prices Mike....$29.95 and $32.95

Charter Member 2012
    Off to buy it now to cheer up wha may be an otherwise boring wet summer weekend in Southern England

Well done Mike

Aww shoot. I'm out of dosh and also have to go to work. May have to wait a while on this. Either way, I'm eagerly awaiting the aircraft and have been very much looking forward to it. You are an excellent producer of planes, and you don't really get the credit I suspect for what you do. One of the things I really like about you Mike is you are no bull$&#*, and from what I have observed in the last few years you have always been kind, never taken offense to much and generally don't take issue with other developers. That seems to be a rarity these days. You just diligently work on your projects, and there is a lot to be said about that kind of work ethic. I wish you absolute success with this bird!

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I see two prices Mike....$29.95 and $32.95
    It's $29.95...let me see what the store is up to....

Edit: Ok, that is now fixed. Faulty link.

Mike

Excellent news!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2012
    LOL - i did not realise that if you press Shift+E+2 you jetterson the canopy - excellent work Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    LOL - i did not realise that if you press Shift+E+2 you jetterson the canopy - excellent work Mike
    Well, you can just pull the red handle, too.

Mike

Thank you Mike and everyone involved on the project, for bringing this aircraft to FSX, it is just absolutely superb in all regards.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Great news Mike, congratulations !

...Downloaded, sadly i'll have to wait a few hours before i can access my FSX computer.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Great model Mike:ernae:

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    huuiiiii, nice screenshots
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Yes, beautiful plane. The sounds and textures are "something extra". Thanks for your help Mike! :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Bought and Downloaded! trying out as soon as its installed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    VC pix?

T
    Does this help? http://www.flight-replicas.com/Bf-10...creenshots.htm

I understand if you'd prefer customer screenshots.

Mike

I hope Mike doesn't mind me posting such a large image of the VC, but it is just excellent and deserves being shown off. The view through the front windscreen can give you chills (it reminds me of old pilot-view cockpit footage from the restored Bf-109G "Black 6"), and the canopy, with the armored glass and all of the other components that make up the real thing, actually takes on the appearance of being as heavy as the real thing.

Great screen shots Bomber (inside and out) You have done the 109 and Flight replica proud

Next, I want to Thank Mike for all the work on this Beauty... :salute: you can see it everywhere on this Monster

Cheers Mike , Here i go ... i'm going in looks like someone has already tried a MP session

Edit : John , they are wicked screens , those alone would easy sell this 109 !

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

After all of the anticipation that has built up over the years, as it has developed, and it more than exceeds every expectation I had. Being the artist Mike is, the product is an absolute work of art, though it makes it hard to stop taking screenshots. : )

Charter Member 2012
    Ive started a repaint but cant finish it because i dont have enough ref material. Im open to requests provided there are top and side views available of the real aircraft's scheme.

In regards to the flight model and handling, it is just as superb as the visuals. Once you get past the takeoff and landing characteristics of the '109, which often seem to be the most talked about handling qualities of the aircraft, through all of the pilot reports I have read, in the air the aircraft is an absolute sweetheart to fly, with gobs of power in a lightweight airframe, with little to no vices, just requiring attention to stay on the ball (as in any high-performance single engine WWII fighter). On the ground, I have also always read that, unlike other tail-dragger fighters of the period, it needs brakes, both in landing and especially when turning. Unlike something like the Spitfire, which will nose over when brakes are on and even modest power, pilots describe the need to use a good amount of brakes while rolling out from landing. They also always highlight what it takes to turn the aircraft on the ground, which usually involves good bursts of power, with the stick pushed forward, rudder deflection, and a lot braking in the direction of the turn. All of these items are very, very well replicated. When landing, it is important to use proper airspeeds, which may seem very low to some. It's not a wheel-landing type of aircraft, with three-pointers being ideal. From one pilot report in particular, even though the author seemed to sweat-out his entire first flight with the aircraft, by the time the engine shut down, he was eager to fill the tank again and go for another flight, having found the handling and thrill of the aircraft better than he had read or heard about prior.

Gareth, I hope something can be found that will help you complete that repaint! The paint work you have already on the fuselage is excellent! Unfortunately I'm not familiar with too many Bf-109 schemes, but I'm sort of intrigued to do more research now on the subject.

Charter Member 2012

Members who have read this thread: 88