Alabeo C188B AGTRUCK FSX Released.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo C188B AGTRUCK FSX Released.

Alabeo C188B AGTRUCK FSX Released.

[SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Beautiful job on that a/c!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Good price - 20 $ !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I will have to buy it sooner or later...love the weird look of this type of aircraft. Looks great too!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Sweet! I've been waiting anxiously for this one. Unfortunately, I've got no time to fly until Monday; but I may have to buy today! Thanks for the heads-up.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

sure - just throw another one on my wish...pile

Raz Buckeye
    Vertigo Stearman
    Golden Age STA
    Alabeo Su-26
    Carenado Skymaster

and on it goes

...these Alabeo models are frikkin' exquisite from the aspect of their smoothness of form and finish, to their low FPS impact -yes?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

It's nice to have it with and without the spraying equipment.
    Definitely a challenge using the spray version, with a full hopper and half a tank of gas on a warm day.
    I made the mistake of trying a full hopper and full tanks first flight.

Gradually got better the more I dusted.
    Around 60% in the hopper, didn't feel as much stall buffeting on the turns with the force feedback stick.
    Really nice vortice effects for the spray too.

The version without the spray equipment makes for a good bush plane, and is rather fun to fly 'clean' as well.
    It was a fair bargain at $20 to me.

No longer active
    The research for the FDE development was a real eye opener as the POH already 'hinted' that this plane is almost unflyable at its restricted take off weight.
    Restricted performance is an understatement!
    Also rudder authority is noticable reduced at threepoint attitude (and higher) due to the large canopy.
    A rather strange plane to look at and to fly....

Hello,

I really love this new addon, the 3D model is perfect.
    I've have a little question for the users of this addon:
    I've find one small bug when I open the popup window Shift+2" and when I click on "Helmet Visor" switch at this moment I loose some parts of my C188B AGTRUCK.
    Please can you tell me if you meet this bug ?

Here 2 screenshots of this bug without click on "Helmet Visor" and with click on " Helmet Visor":

Attachment 67885

Attachment 67886

A great thank's in advance for all, best regards. Olivier.

Charter Member 2012
    Hi Skullleader

Yes im loving this too - these aircraft used to facinate me as a child.

Sorry - I dont get that problem - they guys visor just moves up.

This is an awesome little aircraft! I have just been whipping around the countryside near Caboolture in it... Wonderful!
    Can't work out how to use the spray yet though; I only found limited docs?

Think I'm going to have to look at some Alabeo's other offerings :salute:
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Took this up and just let her fly whilst I clicked around the vc t o see what's what. Got up to 6000ft when I finished without realizing it .
    The mixture is non functioning -just on or off . There is no NAV GPS , You can turn off the battery and alternater and that makes no difference . More importantly, I too can't find out how to get the spray working.

I like sitting in her and flying it but I do need to spray . Looks great and will be a lot of fun

Got it to spray . It just occurred to me to use default "i" key - that works.

Hello,

I need your help to know the fonction of one lever named: "Switch Hooper".
    Once in the cockpit, on your left side there's two levers, one for the flaps and one named "Switch Hooper", please anybody can explain to me the fonction of this lever ?

A great thank's in advance for your help, best regards. Olivier.

Unfortunately they don't do Paypal so I'll have to wait until it's on other vendors sites.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Looks very tempting indeed at that price. Could someone who has purchased please comment on whether or not an internet connection is necessary for activation? I try to avoid the internet on my FSX machine if possible. Thanks.

Steve

No internet is not required for activation you get a code to type in at install.

I got 2000 hours in a real cessna 188 and 3000 hrs. in an agcat said I would never sit in either one again after i went to a turbine thrush with air conditioning well it looks like I am going to be in one again LOL! Just had to purchase this.

Quote Originally Posted by Agpilot25 View Post
    I got 2000 hours in a real cessna 188 and 3000 hrs. in an agcat said I would never sit in either one again after i went to a turbine thrush with air conditioning well it looks like I am going to be in one again LOL! Just had to purchase this.
    ...I would be very interested to hear what your thoughts are on the flight dynamics and overall feel. I believe that your experience level makes you an invaluable resource as to judging the accuracy of this model, and look forward to any kind of review or comments...
    Matt

I have not had much time to mess with it but today is my first day off in a while. We are in the middle of our spraying season. I will fly it tonight see how it performs.

This looks very intriguing, I may have to go get it. Just watched some crop dusting vids at youtube, and noticed this pilot uses flaps on turns:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cK80ffBfRIg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cK80ffBfRIg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

</object>

... but only in the last part of the on turns

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    This looks very intriguing, I may have to go get it. Just watched some crop dusting vids at youtube, and noticed this pilot uses flaps on turns:<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

</object>
    Read on the Youtube page :

Question :

"How much better does it turn with the flaps on? When I flew an ag truck I never used flaps on turns, maybe I should if I get another chance to fly one."

Answer of the guy who posted the video: (seems to be the pilot actually)

"Any of the high-aspect wings turn better with flaps. The load, speed and radius of the turn determine how much to use."

I couldn't resist it, crop dusters are my weak spot. I love this peculiar plane, model and textures are really high quality and capture the dirty rugged appearance nicely. FD is much better than the old Cera C188 had, it's challenging but fun to fly. Cockpit engine sound has a looping effect which could get annoying in the long run. And price is certainly nice.

This aircraft is great flys very close to the real one. Especially like how it flys as you get the load off it flys better and better like the real one. Flaps do help in a turn in the real one I only used flaps when I was heavily loaded in turns. The only ag plane I have flown where flaps are a must every turn is an air tractor if you don't use them it will take you 3 miles to turn around

Members who have read this thread: 169