(Freeware) Ants Ballina Airport Released

Thread: (Freeware) Ants Ballina Airport Released

(Freeware) Ants Ballina Airport Released

(sorry Anthony, Ive stolen your thunder and post)

From Anthony

Ballina airport is now available for free download.

Download from here:
    http://www.antsairplanes.com/

In addition to the airport there is a nice big 100sq kms of photoreal which covers the airport, Ballina township (pop 17,000 approx) and the surrounding area.

The download is in two 140MB parts so you need to download both parts. Run the installers within each part and then add "Ants Aussie Airports Ballina" to the FSX scenery library.

The airport is designed to work best with FTX AU installed but it will work (more or less) with default FSX.

I've just uploaded the files to AVSIM so hopefully they will be available there tomorrow as well.
    Here's some more pics

Before with default FSX airport and ORBX textures

after

Maybe a sticky??????

Haha I saw the first pic and thought... "well that's not better than default" lol!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Looks great! Thanks Andy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damn straight it needs a sticky

It's nice to see such quality as freeware...gets a sticky for my money
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I once went out with a lady from Ballina but that was the one in Eire of course..........(sounds a bit like the first line from a limerick)
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Yes, Yes, Yes.....

Wow, that looks fantastic. I like it when airport blends in seamlessly with the surrounding scenery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello citizens

Yes, Ballina is now out and free to roam the world. This is more than likely the last airport I will do for FSX so naturally it is the most detailed and largest area I have done (better to go out with a bang than a whimper).

Here's some more information:

The scenery contains the airport and 100sq kms of photoreal which covers the town and surrounding area. There are over 350 custom made objects including some nice new custom runway and taxiway lighting as well as some new approach lighting (no more yucky FSX lights). The photoreal is designed to work best with FTX Australia textures but the scenery will work (more or less) with default FSX. It just won't look as nice.

The runway is 1900m long. Jetstar (A320) and Virgin Australia (B737) have daily flights to and from Syndey and Melbourne. Rex also flies the Saab 340 to Sydney (with a stopover at nearby Lismore) as well as Newcastle.

Other businesses located at the airport include Aussie Air Flight School, Byron Bay Air Charter (C310), Classic Aero Adventure Flights (Winjeel), Air T&G helicopter flights and training, Aeroweld aircraft repairs and Lightwing aircraft manufacturers.

The scenery comes in two parts (the total size is 280MB and flight sim libraries usually limit uploads to 250MB) so download each part, run the installers within each part and then manually add "Ants Aussie Airports Ballina" to your FSX scenery library.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Once again Ant has exceeded himself. Ballina is much better than some payware sceneries I have seen and been sucked into buying.

This is more than likely the last airport I will do for FSX
    I hope this statement is not true as there are some NSW regionals I would like to see. Airports like YORG, YPKS, YSDU and the home of Australia's greatest aviation museum, YTEM.

I am willing to put my hand up and help with what ever photos I can get for him.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Really good work here Anthony, i really appreciate the hard work you have put in to your hobby.

It's a shame we won't see anymore airports from you.

It's much needed in the fs world right now.

Cheers mate and thanks once again.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Bummer but I'm sure you have your reasons. Thanks for all those excellent fields!

P.S. changing one's mind is quite common among humanoids. I'll keep hoping. ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Simply OUTSTANDING! And the fact that it's FREE, is just AMAZING!

Thank you Anthony!
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Brilliant Ant. Simply superb.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Thanks Ant's , been a while since i visited , this sure is one great excuse to ... the to jump the ditch <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Excellent!
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

awesome scenery, thanks!
    :ernae:
    Attachment 67527

Got around to installing today. Love it and fits in really well with default;

Mucho thanks Ant, beautiful work

Ant, this is simply amazing! The new lights you came up with are also fantastic (the way they fade as you fly past).
    Our FSX past-time is so much richer because of your dedication to quality freeware and payware!

Ant = LEGEND!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Hello citizens

Yes, Ballina is now out and free to roam the world. This is more than likely the last airport I will do for FSX so naturally it is the most detailed and largest area I have done (better to go out with a bang than a whimper).
    Now that is awful news Ant! Really hope your just taking a break, your work in FSX is simply brilliant! And I've got most of it.

I have to say that I enjoyed flying your Drifter so much that I went and joined the Ultralight Club down at Holbrook in Victoria, and am learning to fly. Mind you, not doing so much at present, it's too bitterly cold in the Ultralight. But come Spring I'll be finishing the course!

ASWWIAH Member

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pips View Post
    I went and joined the Ultralight Club down at Holbrook in Victoria
    Pips, have they moved the Victorian border? Last time I was down that way Holbrook was in NSW, not too far from Canberra actually.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Oops, true. :redf: For some odd reason I always think the it's in Vic. Still, Holbrook is so far south in NSW it may as well be in Vic!

ASWWIAH Member

Glad everyone is enjoying the scenery
    Thought I'd try making a video for FSX (just for fun) so I made a little tune and recorded some video of Ballina (using FSrecorder) and stuck it all together with the Sony video program and uploaded it to you youtube and then had a rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH5xg...ature=youtu.be

Members who have read this thread: 166