Lockheed Hudson/Lodestar getting closer.......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Hudson/Lodestar getting closer.......

Lockheed Hudson/Lodestar getting closer.......

We're getting there, slowly but surely, afer Simon RE-DESIGNED the entire aircraft upon receiving new documents. It really looks great now and with some 280 animated parts is getting to be quite an aircraft !!
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Looks great!

Edit: Will there be a Super Electra as well..?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

thats sezzy......i want.....

You give 'em ONE aircraft and they want two...... you make TWO and they asked for THREE......... we made three... no ... wait.....

From the manual.......
    "......The package includes all the WWII Hudson Marks and models (...well almost ;-) ). The A28, A29, PBO-1, Mk 1, II, IIIA, IV, V and VI and the Mdl 14 Super Electra and Mdl 18-56 Lodestar. Eleven (11) aircraft in all and in some or other respect different to each other!
    There is one livery to each. Apart from the FSX models there are also 3 special effects models. That is the BOMBS, ROCKETS and LIFEBOAT.....".

Now, we're debating about the price...... we'll come to that i a few days ;-P
    Umbria, Italy

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thnaks for clarifying Francois, looks like an impressive package!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

A definite one for me. This package has everything I hoped for, and a lot more besides. Wonderful stuff !

Francois, will a paint kit will be made available ?

Yes, this is Simon's FIRST package with a layered paintkit included !
    Umbria, Italy

Wondeful news! I love the fact too that different variants of the design (and use) will be included. Such a beautiful design, especially in civilian form.

Simon's work is always brilliant, and very well researched.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

...... on popular demand after the very first screenshots a year or so ago.... :-)
    Umbria, Italy

Any chance of a P3D installer with this one...PLEASE

Colin.

I will add a P3D if I can figure it out in time....... haven't made ANY yet.
    Umbria, Italy

maybe a silly question,,but on this plane,the USA builds ( version?) had a cockpit built for pilot/co-pilot..correct?..and the british version had just the pilots side?..ok im also thinking of the "hudson"..so will this have both cockpits?..single place only?..im just asking is all...not complaining or anything...

side note..i like to day-dream,that like with the alpha-sim version..single pilot,,let the great nephews into the "glass nose" while enroute,me alone in the 'pit,im cool so i dont need no navigator,,,and my family in director type seats in back and we go to air shows,but the seats breakdown,fold up and stow in the dummy bombbay ( coastal patrol version?) while at the air show......:cost1:

gosh its fun to dream !!!

Most of the models have the single pilot cockpit, with just a bomber's seat for starts and landings next to the pilot.

The civvy version has dual pilots.

All crew members are removable, one by one.
    Umbria, Italy

And without any hesitation thinking off us Kiwis straight out , .......... Francois , If a problem getting access to internals and photo material , i'm sure i could arrange a looksie inside the RNZAFs Wigram Airforce Museum with a gun camera so to speak <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I have been trying to get access to photograph the internals of the Hudson based at the Temora Aviation Museum but so far I have had no replies to my emails. Might try a more direct approach and see what happens.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Yep, same here AussieMan.

There was a time when the folks at Temora were extremely helpful and forthcoming to any requests. But I've noticed over the past two years - since they have experienced quite a big jump in growth to their operations, that their previous helpful attitude has flown out the window. Sad really.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Since all museums seem to be getting either more commercial or more security-minded, that is a problem in many places :-(

We could have done with interior photos...... but alas we didn't have any, except the black and white ones from a few old documents.
    Umbria, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I have been trying to get access to photograph the internals of the Hudson based at the Temora Aviation Museum but so far I have had no replies to my emails. Might try a more direct approach and see what happens.
    I emailed HARS at Albion Park, about joining the Society and maybe doing some volunteer work for them - research mainly - and it took a very long time to get a reply, because the people who look after that side are volunteers and have day jobs to go to. But when I actually visited there with the grandkids, the people on the ground could not have been more helpful. So I think if you can get to Temora on a normal day, a visit could meet with more success.
    ATB

MikeW

*Bump* Has this been released?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi Milton, not yet. I am 'sitting on it' while on holiday in France...... still need to finish the User Manual, Installer and free scenery that I am making for it.

Tomorrow Nina and I will be visiting one of the actual sites they landed at night during the war..... on our way home to Holland.

Will take at least a few more weeks, hoping to get it our before we leave for France again en of next month. Need 3 lives instead of only one !
    Umbria, Italy

Very, very impressive!!!!!

In case you folks missed my blog or website, THIS is one of the places 'our' Hudsons landed at night :

Attachment 70319Attachment 70320

Now back to work...... manual is done... Special Operations Manual is half done..... Installer is next after that !
    Umbria, Italy

Next week or so we I have a NZFF member incoming from the UK , intend on showing him and his family around and spend a few days at Wigram to were we have our Hudson ... www.airforcemuseum.co.nz .. going to be a great couple of days <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Members who have read this thread: 136