Would you want to see this for FS9? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you want to see this for FS9?

Well after viewing some of the screens for Dillingham X, I can say that I would definitely part with some cash if this was reverse-engineered for fs9; I wouldn't expect either to be at the same level of sophistication as in FSX, but they are such quality products that even watered-down-for-FS9 versions would be extraordinary!

naravac
    Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    It'd be a pointless exercise. It was designed 100% with FSX tools and techniques. It wouldn't even load. I've been trying to lay out all the steps required to make it compatible with FS9, and there's way more to it than you'd think. That's why I asked the question... to get some sense of if it would be worth the work or not.
    So you would have to start from scratch if you were going to build for FS2004.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Naravac you sent me a message, but I haven't been able to reply because you have PM's turned off in your user profile.

Right, back to topic
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

I have Dillingham X for FSX, but still fly mostly in FS9. So an FS9 version of Dillingham X would be most welcome.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    Just a quick poll: if I were to produce FS9 versions of either Dillingham X or Plum Island (or both), would any of you be interested? This isn't a commitment, I'm just gauging interest. The latest SimFlight poll about sim version usage got me to thinking about it.
    Without hesitation, YESSIR !

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

I'd buy them .. hell I'd prepay for them !
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by naravac View Post
    So you would have to start from scratch if you were going to build for FS2004.
    I'd have to rebuild some things from scratch, but not others. For instance, I could use the building and object models I have, but they would need dumbed-down materials to get rid of the FSX-specific code. That part's not much of a big deal. My biggest fear is that I'd have to redo the autogen completely from scratch for Plum Island, and it was drudgery the first time around. The FSX format *looks* the same as FS9, but I'm willing to bet good money that I can't just plop it into FS9 and have it work. And of course, there's the aerial photo ground coverage. That would have to be resampled down to the coarse 4.8m/px that FS9 supports, so it would get a lot blurrier than it is in the latest version. And I'd have to rework the edges, because FS9 phototerrain doesn't support the gorgeous alpha-channel blending on the edges that FSX does.

Turns out, there are a lot of new features I use in FSX. :mixedsmi:

Well....I don't ever beg, but....PLEASE!!!!!!! 2 Guaranteed sales!! :friday:

Hello!

Any News about Dillingham for FS 9???

Franzi LOWG

Sir, yes and yes again! I am a FS9 flyer only - thanks in advance. Support the idea 1000% percent.

Ed

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I know what you mean Bill. With FSX and planes, its harder to go to FSX, then for FSX to go to FS9.

Making planes for FS9 is so much easier. Making scenery for FSX is so much easier.. What do you do? lol.. arrgh..

What about an FS9 with FSX scenery built into the sim! :d

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I am still **hoping** that this is being considered.....priced out my FSX machine a week ago and can't afford to get it (money simply isn't there right now) until at least next summer.....so more money towards FS9 for the next year or so....and It will stay on the current computer; I will run FSX on a new rig. With new addons. My Georenders will still see action, though......:ernae:

Master of Disaster
    FSX Plum Island is beautiful! I'd be interested in a FS9 version!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

I am jealous, Mud!

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Yep Plum Island is a great piece of scenery and excellent workmanship. I also love the Outhouse in the scenery, seems to be my faverite parking spot and start point.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Absolutely...I love Newburyport!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R.O.S.

Maybe if we FS9 folks are really persistant and beg and plead........I do a lot of GA flying and the old Georenders are some of my favs....but Plum Island is a masterpiece; Even if a few elements were sacrificed in the translation, I'm sure oodles of the FS9'ers would flock to it!

If it's Dillingham, AK - ABSOLUTELY!

I have to confess my geographical ignorance. I have no idea where Plum Island is or if it is even an actual place. But I'm always up for good scenery add-ons. Drive on!

LA

Members who have read this thread: 0