Trackir - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trackir

AROTH
    Thanks guys!

That did the trick, I was closing it out with "X" instead of just minimizing the screen and leaving it running.

Couple more quick questions and I will leave you alone and play with it more.

Would it be safe to assume that the system is very lite sensitive so even lite coming thru a window on my left would cause some jerkiness and tracking issues? Is there a way to play with the lite sensitivity with affecting the gameplay too much?

And, speaking of adjustments, how about the speed/sensitivity of the various head movements in relation to the game? Some of my head movements cause very rapid movement on the game. I saw some setting choices on the various axis and all of them are now set to "Custom". Would changing any of them help and if so, any recommendations? (otherwise, just move my head very slowly in the future?)

Thanks again!

Crankpin
    Yes any light showing in your tracking window other than your 3 green lights will stuff it up.
    To start with make everything as simple as possible, put everything back to default and get rid of that window by pulling the curtins or whatever for the moment. Get it working in it's ideal situation ie no other light distractions and with settings at install defaults.
    After you've got it working and see the 'proper' functionality then you could start to play with the 'Light Filtering' and 'Preferred Object Size' settings and maybe cope with some light from your window ..... but best of all is trying to arrange 'other room lighting' so that NO other light sources than your 3 dots show in the tracking window.
    You are on to it in suspecting other light sources cause the jerkyness, when you have it setup right, fast head movement just does what it should, just moves your view fast.

Polovski
    BTW, go to options, in there you can tick run minimised, close to tray then hitting the little X doesn't shut it but minimises.

AROTH
    Crankpin and Pol,

Thanks much for the advice and assistance!

:friday:

Interlocutor
    Whoopee! TrackIR just got here, gotta install it now & see how it works!

Interlocutor
    Okay, TrackIR is up & running well.

I've tried to map the F12 key (TrackIR "Center View') onto my joystick, but it doesn't take. Is there a way to do this?

77Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by Interlocutor View Post
    I've tried to map the F12 key (TrackIR "Center View') onto my joystick, but it doesn't take. Is there a way to do this?
    Run the TrackIR software.
    Open the Profiles Tab
    Highlight the appropriate profile (usually Combat Flight)
    Click the edit button
    Open the Hotkeys tab
    Click the 'change' button for the appropriate function (in this case 'center')
    Enter the desired new key (push the joystick button).

Worked for me.

Interlocutor
    Thanks, 77, it worked for me, too .