Mirage 2000C for FSX from Metal2Mesh ?!?!?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirage 2000C for FSX from Metal2Mesh ?!?!?!

Please do not rely on model airplane decals as your only reference source. They are great for inspiration but like any other drawing (and that is all the really are) they are wide open to artistic license. Multiple color photos of the same aircraft taken on the same day (you can't always trust the color of a single photo) are the best way to go. OK, stepping off my soapbox.
    :ernae:

I'd love to see Taiwan Air Force 2000-5 Ei/Di variants.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

Please do not rely on model airplane decals as your only reference source. They are great for inspiration but like any other drawing (and that is all the really are) they are wide open to artistic license. Multiple color photos of the same aircraft taken on the same day (you can't always trust the color of a single photo) are the best way to go. OK, stepping off my soapbox.
    Besides, some people also use decals pasted directly from scans onto aircraft textures. Here I believe either in drawing from scratch ukng scans for ref or asking the proper people for permission to use, especially on a payware project. Wishing Tim and associates all th best on this lovely Mirage.

Best
    DagR

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

Sorry Frank but I have to disagree with you on this one,

I know the guys behind Berna Decals.
    These decal sheets have been created from "French Spotters" multiple color photos of the same aircrafts taken on the same day.
    Berna Decals Team are known for the perfect historical accuracy of their products.
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

Quote Originally Posted by DagR View Post
    Besides, some people also use decals pasted directly from scans onto aircraft textures. Here I believe either in drawing from scratch ukng scans for ref or asking the proper people for permission to use, especially on a payware project. Wishing Tim and associates all th best on this lovely Mirage.

Best
    DagR
    I agree completely and that's exactly how I do it when I find a well researched and nicely drawn decal sheet. I enlarge them way oversize, then trace them to create my own set to be reduced to fit properly. Much more control and accuracy that way.

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    Sorry Frank but I have to disagree with you on this one,

I know the guys behind Berna Decals.
    These decal sheets have been created from "French Spotters" multiple color photos of the same aircrafts taken on the same day.
    Berna Decals Team are known for the perfect historical accuracy of their products.
    VaporZ
    I'm well acquainted with Berna Decals. They have made some beautiful sets for the Mirage F1 as well. Sorry if you thought you read something in my comment that wasn't there. But I still stand by what I said about decals and drawings as not the most reliable reference materials. Photos are the way to go and as you said, Berna Decals feels the same way.

Here is a super very nice future repaint project for this future
    "Metal2Mesh" Mirage 2000C for FSX.
    VaporZ

You mean like this?

Attachment 67135

That paint will be done, we really liked it for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by timghetta View Post
    You mean like this?

Attachment 67135

That paint will be done, we really liked it for a while now.
    Wow !
    Thanks for the scoop timgetta !!!
    VaporZ

Tim is first class. His attention to detail is outstanding.
    Scott.

The current model seems to be quite clean like the flying prototype Mirage 2000C airframe No.4.
    I think that many details like "ECM / ECCM" equipement will need to be added / detailed to present
    a real operational Mirage 2000C.

Here is below some examples of details that coud be added.
    VaporZ

Any news about this M2K project for FSX ?

In the meantime take a look at this video from French Defense TV.

A live firing campaign at Solenzara Air Base, Corsica for Escadron De Chasse
    "Ile De France" normally located at Orange Air Base in the south of France.

http://www.dailymotion.com/ministere...e#video=xs36s7

VaporZ

Any news about this M2K project for FSX ?

In the meantime take a look at this video from French Defense TV.

A live firing campaign at Solenzara Air Base, Corsica for Escadron De Chasse
    "Ile De France" normally located at Orange Air Base in the south of France.

http://www.dailymotion.com/ministere...e#video=xs36s7

VaporZ
    Nice video. It stopped just when it started to get very interesting (landing from the north).
    Zara has been my default startup location in FS for over a decade. Always enjoy finding new images of it.

Hello

Yes Franck is right, it's better to get informations directly from photos and not decals to not have some distorsion. And there's the best way to get them :
    http://pics-aeronef.discutfree.com/t...de-1001-a-1100 You can see other older series with different markings.

Some have been painted with nose art :
    http://pics-aeronef.discutfree.com/t994-sur-mirage-2000

People on this forum works, worked, at the Orange air force base or are passionated spotters. Orange is the school for Mirage 2000 pilots. The one where the film "Les Chevaliers du Ciel" (Sky fighters) have been taken.
    Michel

Can you put up pics of each version, to compare? I'm not familiar with what the two versions are, but I'd like to vote. Also, which version do you think would get better fps performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Can you put up pics of each version, to compare? I'm not familiar with what the two versions are, but I'd like to vote. Also, which version do you think would get better fps performance?
    Hi Bone,

RDM = Radar Doppler Multi-function
    RDI = Radar Doppler Impulsion

Really the difference is that, but the 3D side of the VC has small little details that separate them. I tried to find a picture we have that can show and sum up easily for you but really the differences are very small and scattered about the cockpit. As for the research done by some of the M2 guys, we mainly have close up and area specific pics.

Being an American myself, I am still learning the aircraft and discovering new ideology the French have when they constructed this deadly little machine. It is definitely where I am out of my realm being use to the MD/Boeing and LM design traits which I have come to know.

In short the differences are small, nothing that will increase or decrease FPS and would not be noticed unless you are a fanatic of the Mirage 2000/C.

-Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timghetta View Post
    Hi Bone,

RDM = Radar Doppler Multi-function
    RDI = Radar Doppler Impulsion

Really the difference is that, but the 3D side of the VC has small little details that separate them. I tried to find a picture we have that can show and sum up easily for you but really the differences are very small and scattered about the cockpit. As for the research done by some of the M2 guys, we mainly have close up and area specific pics.

Being an American myself, I am still learning the aircraft and discovering new ideology the French have when they constructed this deadly little machine. It is definitely where I am out of my realm being use to the MD/Boeing and LM design traits which I have come to know.

In short the differences are small, nothing that will increase or decrease FPS and would not be noticed unless you are a fanatic of the Mirage 2000/C.

-Tim
    OK, thanks.

Tim, I'd say go with the RDM version if the model is going to be Multi-Role with A-G weapons. If it's going to be a Fighter/Interceptor then go with the RDI version.

Whichever lends itself to the most follow-on repaints gets my nod.

Actually I already voted for the RDI version.

how is this nice little plane coming along?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here is a super very nice future repaint project for this future
    "Metal2Mesh" Mirage 2000C for FSX.
    VaporZ
    I remember this post a while back and the question of the 1/12 Cambresis 60th Anniversary skin.
    Well here is a preview of a WIP of that paint nearing the final stages of completion. Just few items left on it, such as, tiger stripes, actuator/hinge covers and some lettering.

Attachment 84779

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Very nice!

The French do make outstanding anniversary/celebration schemes for their aircraft. Nice work on the textures.