Prepar3D forum - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prepar3D forum

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    All of these questions are answered at the Prepar3D website.

We have all nicknamed the sim 'P3D', not 3D. There might be an addon out there called 3D, but its not the same as P3D.

You have 3 (three) versions to get P3D by;
    * Monthly (for developers or to try for 30 days, either the revolving montly fee (developers) or one time only 30 day purchase).
    * Students; $50.00 USD
    * Pro; $199.00 USD

You will get updates for versions up to the 1.9 version if they go up that high. Presently we are at Build 1.4.

The 2.0 version you will need to purchase new again.

No 3D glasses... At least not yet. That would be cool. I think (think) that they are calling the new 3D stuff 'Occular Rift' but not sure.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    All of these questions are answered at the Prepar3D website.

No 3D glasses... At least not yet. That would be cool. I think (think) that they are calling the new 3D stuff 'Occular Rift' but not sure.

Bill
    Thanks Bill, very kind of you...
    Regarding 3D, talked with my friend and he just told me it has to do with Nvidia Graphic cards...and yes mine is a GTX 670 and has an option to activate stereoscopy 3D, just like he said. E-mailed me 2 3d photos (atached) will try when I get those red and green lenses glasses...but believe me, I saw Prepar3D in real 3d, despite the game is not a real 3d game. He told me that he is able to play several other games in 3D. Nvidia graphics...
    Hope this helps...

Best Regards

Charter Member 2015
    Will P3D be offered on CDs at some point?

David

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post
    Will P3D be offered on CDs at some point?

David
    Negative. From what they say, they do not intend to have CD's or DVD's, just the one download service they have.

Regarding 3D, talked with my friend and he just told me it has to do with Nvidia Graphic cards...and yes mine is a GTX 670 and has an option to activate stereoscopy 3D, just like he said. E-mailed me 2 3d photos (atached) will try when I get those red and green lenses glasses...but believe me, I saw Prepar3D in real 3d, despite the game is not a real 3d game. He told me that he is able to play several other games in 3D. Nvidia graphics...
    Hope this helps...

Beaufighter

Interesting. Good to know. That sounds like it will be pretty fun.

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Charter Member 2015
    thanks for the info on CDs. Guess i'll just have to download it.

David

SOH-CM-2014
    David, you might try a place that has ultra fast download speeds, like a business store that does shipping, faxing, has internet computers. Also colleges usually do as well at the libraries.

Or, just setup to download the 10Gig version, click start, and go to bed. Should be done half way through the night. Mine downloaded in just over an hour. I downloaded in chunks though, the 1 Gig packets.

My first impressions..

My first impressions of P3DV2 are wow!!! The graphics are amazing. I tried moving the FPS slider to unlimited, and it handled 30FPS consistently, with no problems.

The hardest thing so far is getting my Saitek controllers set up. I received Saitek pedals today. Never had them before. I had to move the sensitivity way down for the brakes; also for the elevators, as the aircraft was rocking too much.

I am very impressed so far. Once I am satisfied that my favorite sceneries, aircraft, utilities, etc... will port over, I will be saying adios to FSX!

NC

Charter Member 2015
    I installed P3D on my computer and it did not give me an option as to what drive I wanted it on. It installed it's self on C where FSX is and I want it on K. I have Three SSD drives and only 250GB each - so C drive is now only has 10GB free space. I need it to be on "K"

Any help. I've only rented P3D for one month so I can evaluate it. Wish I could do that with more of the software out there.

I asked this question on P3d forum but I thought here I would get a faster response!!!!!????

David

David

There is an option button on one of the opening screens of the P3D2 installer. Choose it and you can change the drive for installation.

I installed mine on the E drive.

VCN-1

Charter Member 2015
    I did get it reinstalled on the drive I wanted, however, it will not install and gives me a list a mile long as to what went wrong. It's too bad, thank God I only got P3D for $10.00 on the one month deal. I will try a couple more times but if it's so fussy I can't install it, it must be really hard to get all addon hardware and software working????? Oh well.

David

SOH-CM-2014
    David,

I wonder if you just overdid the C: drive. Remember to dump the trashcan before running the installer.

Remember, the installer 'did' have the option to install into another drive, and it 'did' work the first time (the sim), so please give it a chance in all fairness. If it were installed the first time into the right location, you might not have been having this issue. Is it possible to uninstall and then go through and find all the sub folders in the User folder system, delete those, then do a nice, clean reinstall?

And remember to dump the trash so that your hard drive is clean... not filled up. And maybe reboot the computer 'before' running the installer so that the cache is also clean.

Charter Member 2015
    I've deleted all the other P3D files and ran a register cleaner before reinstalling on the Drive K. It still did not install correctly - I'll give it a few more tires. It may be because My computer is an AMD? I'll take a picture of the list next time.

Thanks

David

Charter Member 2015
    I was just over to P3D forum, and there are a lot of folks having the same problem that P3d will not install, the sad thing is that the Lockheed Martin people are not responding what so ever. Even if they don't know how to fix it at this point a least they should say they are working on it - if they even care. I guess when they got P3D from MS they also took on their roll as non support to customers.

David

David, one point should be kept in mind. There is no dedicated "customer support staff" there. We are interacting with the actual programmers/developers themselves.

It is simply not possible for them to respond as "quickly" as we might like to every issue raised.

One other point though that is more critical. Even though you choose to install somewhere other than the C drive, about 11 GBs are required on the C drive for installation regardless. If you do not have enough room on the C drive, then there will be errors during the install process.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH-CM-2014
    Im fairly certain I read somewhere that the computer will need 11+ gigs of room to unpack things (in C: drive) to begin building the sim on what ever drive you are loading it to. So you need at least 11+ Gigs of room on C:.

Charter Member 2015
    After uninstalling P3D from Drive "C" I now have 38gb available on C drive and over 200Gb on K drive. I've not been able to try reinstall it again, because I have other tasks going on, like helping the misses out!!!! Next time I do reinstall I'll let you see the report. The third time I did try to reinstalled P3D it was on "K" with 200Gb+ and with 38gb available on "C".. So right now I don't think that would have been the problem.

Okay on the support of P3D, I understand, I guess.

Thanks

David

Charter Member 2015
    Still no luck. Says I don't have admin approval. Too Bad.

David

SOH-CM-2014
    Windows... I hate that.

I googled up how to get rid of the entire administrator thing in Windows 7 and fixed mine of that. Every now and then I get a little whimper, but basically it CANNOT tell ME what to do anymore... .

In my case since I live entirely alone with zero chance of anyone else accessing my systems, I simply enabled my single logon account to always be "Super Administrator."
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Charter Member 2015
    Ya, I have given up with P3d. I'll keep checking back to their forum and here to see if they do anything but for now, by by.

David

Blog Entries
    Hey David,

Are you running FSX on the C drive and trying to install P3D on the same drive?

And yeah...I hate the admin lockouts. Since when does a pile of silicon have the right to tell me what I can or cannot do?

I've put FSX on my spinning drive (E) and P3D2 on the SSD (C). I've done quite a few installs of P3D, not because of problems, but I'm doing comparison installs for future reference.

Be sure to go into your hidden files like Program Data and delete the temp files prior to a fresh install. Also AppData/Local/Temp and double check there are no residual Lockheed Martin files.

It's a real bugger when a stray bit of code refuses to leave the building. I'd hate to see you give up on a good sim.
    When I did my original download I had a glitch that sent me to the wrong version of P3D. Wess Bard followed up within a few minutes...good service.
    Maybe the guys are under a bit of stress from the top over there. Give 'em a bit of slack and see how things work out for you.

Cheers
    Last edited by gman5250; December 20th, 2013 at 00:12.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Hey David,

Are you running FSX on the C drive and trying to install P3D on the same drive?

And yeah...I hate the admin lockouts. Since when does a pile of silicon have the right to tell me what I can or cannot do?

I've put FSX on my spinning drive (E) and P3D2 on the SSD (C). I've done quite a few installs of P3D, not because of problems, but I'm doing comparison installs for future reference.

Be sure to go into your hidden files like Program Data and delete the temp files prior to a fresh install. Also AppData/Local/Temp and double check there are no residual Lockheed Martin files.

It's a real bugger when a stray bit of code refuses to leave the building. I'd hate to see you give up on a good sim.
    When I did my original download I had a glitch that sent me to the wrong version of P3D. Wess Bard followed up within a few minutes...good service.
    Maybe the guys are under a bit of stress from the top over there. Give 'em a bit of slack and see how things work out for you.

Cheers
    I think I'm cleaning every thing up. I no longer let it do a full install so the installer takes files off the computer. I stop installation after I'm given the bad news. I use a register cleaner and review all areas. I'm trying to install P3D on my "k" drive, FSX is on my "C" drive. Both drives are SSD 250GB each. The OS is on drive "C".

I've change each drive to give me full "Power" over the drives, yet I still get the message that I don't have permission. I think there are still some hidden files that are making it repeat the same problem because when I do let it go all the way I don't have to put the authorization code in before It says I'm not running Dx11. I have a NVIDIA 660 graphics card...??

I sure fell let down that I can't install it...... At the same time I don't want a program that is even more fussy then FSX has been.

Thanks!

David

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey David,

Sorry to hear your woe's...

Dang windows sometimes makes me so upset. Updates for this, updates for that. You know that you need the most latest version drivers for any NVidia cards? They had to work with P3D directly and created new drivers just for P3D, so you need that updated (for your NVidia 660). I have the same card. Runs great.

You need to try running that manual installation process that others did. Francois for instance. His wouldn't install and installing the 10 segments manually did the trick for him and many others.

For me, its worked nearly flawlessly. Installed fine the first time, runs great, has hardly crashed, (perhaps 2 times ever), but it has had blacked out windows about 4 or 5 times. But that's it. Running excellent. So, for you, it is possible. You just need to find that obstacle and get through it and you will be up in the blue skies of V2 with HDR, super intense interior shadows, and all the other cool features.

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks for all your help. I tried the 10 installs, and most everything else. Deleted the download of P3D (only had a months use of it anyway) and maybe will try it some other time in the far future......... I think I have everything up to date... Maybe I need a complete reinstallation of my os system and fsx. So it will be a while before I try again.

thanks again.

David

Members who have read this thread: 96