Prepar3D forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prepar3D forum

Prepar3D forum

Welcome to our new Lockheed Martin Prepar3D forum! Lionheart is the moderator and let's give him all the help we can

The Prepar3D website for information is here http://www.prepar3d.com/

As much of the product will have been made for FsX originally We'd like to keep the new releases in the FsX forum but information about P3D installers, problems installing product and general questions about compatibility etc. should be in the P3D forum.

Hope you P3Ders enjoy it
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Great news,Roger!
    Thank you very much for opening a new forum about P3D.
    Good to see Bill here,i think that he´s da man for all about P3D.
    Michael

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Dommo arrigatto, Ickie-sahn!

Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Not so happy Bill running the forum, actually.......

He should not waste his time here but spend it on building his wonderful aircraft !!!!

Hah! Gotcha there !!

Seriously, good to see a P3D forum here... saves me from having to go to other places, since I have no time EITHER !
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    saves me from having to go to other places, since I have no time EITHER !
    Yeah right Francois, you look so busy in that Advar, but I suppose someone has to keep the inflatable chair from floating out of da pool...lol. Now back to work to you and Bill we need to see a couple of new aircraft for P3d by friday - that is a couple from each of you, oh and I will be counting rivets, 1, 2, 3, and another and another and another, just like they taught me in reform school...

OK Seriously, it is wonderful to see a new forum for P3D and especially the interest it is getting already, I am going to have to spring for it myself before the week is out and will no doubt be on here with lots of dumb questions, so get ready Bill cuz I will be asking
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Seriously, good to see a P3D forum here... saves me from having to go to other places, since I have no time EITHER !
    You're welcome Francois:ernae: It will be interesting to see where P3D will take us, especially as some of the Aces team are amongst the LM staff.
    I'm not running P3D myself yet because I'm waiting until I build a new pc (hopefully sometime this year) when FsXA, P3D and Flight will have a hardware environment where hopefully they can all excel.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Mike, you have NO IDEA how difficult it is to keep that chair upright !!!!! It takes a real expert to float it that way, with no hands !!!!!
    Umbria, Italy

Didn't see the pool at first. I thought you'd just won a wet tee shirt contest <G,D,R>

Quote Originally Posted by kjb View Post
    I thought you'd just won a wet tee shirt contest <G,D,R>
    THAT would be the day !
    Umbria, Italy

I am downloading Prepar3D now. Looking forward to installing it!

NC

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I am downloading Prepar3D now. Looking forward to installing it!

NC

Welcome aboard NC! Hope you enjoy it. It is different in many respects to FSX. The interface is different, etc.

Be sure to read how to install the package once you get all three packages downloaded. There is a precise order to getting it all unzipped and ready to install.

Bill
    LHC

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Be sure to read how to install the package once you get all three packages downloaded. There is a precise order to getting it all unzipped and ready to install.
    Thanks for the advice, Bill. I am about 68% downloaded on the first file. Definitely will take some time to get all three, eh? No problem. Time is all I have!

Pete

Thanks for the advice, Bill. I am about 68% downloaded on the first file. Definitely will take some time to get all three, eh? No problem. Time is all I have!

Pete
    Way to go Pete !!!!! Welcome !!!

LD

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Good news/bad news.

Finally got all three huge files downloaded, and commenced installation. About 5 minutes into it, I received an error, saying "Data Cab 11 missing" or something like that.

But which of the large files has Data Cab 11 in it?

Has anyone else had similar errors?

Grrrrr.....

NC

Hey Bill.......

I've reinstalled twice without having that problem.............
    I don't have the slightest !!
    Check out the P3B sight/forum/support listed in first thread above.

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

I am in contact with someone at the Prepar3d forum. Suggestion made to download a program that compares values or original file to the downloaded one. All three matched. I am in the process of re-downloading #2. If that is not the affected file, well......this is frustating.

NC

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey NC,

I am sure thats what it is if that error came up. Downloading such huge files, you cant always get them fully perfect. I am amazed that some things I download ever do make it perfect. I am always thinking some fragment of data is not there, etc.

It would be nice to have something that says 'yes, everything in this file is present and 100% right.'

Almost finished downloading that file. Will report back.....NC

Well, I managed to get the sim loaded. Just took the Mooney for a short takeoff, and landing.

First problem I am encountering, is although the sim recognizes I have my CH pedals hooked up, it isn't allowing me to assign rudder access to it, and the brakes aren't working either.

NC

SOH-CM-2014
    Well, I managed to get the sim loaded. Just took the Mooney for a short takeoff, and landing.

First problem I am encountering, is although the sim recognizes I have my CH pedals hooked up, it isn't allowing me to assign rudder access to it, and the brakes aren't working either.

NC

Congrats on getting it running!

You'll get it all tuned and working. I had to up-click my brakes a notch to get them working. My Saitek was on the first notch, needed to be on second notch setting in Controls/Assignments

Since I got this damnable Logitech 940 FCS, the only way I have been able to get a satisfactory setup was to assign most of the inputs via FSUIPC. I think you have to have the licenced i.e. paid version to be able to do this. It is a godsend, thank you Pete Dowson. The worst were the pedals which I could never get properly calibrated.
    Took a bit of time but worth it in the end.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Since I got this damnable Logitech 940 FCS, the only way I have been able to get a satisfactory setup was to assign most of the inputs via FSUIPC. I think you have to have the licenced i.e. paid version to be able to do this. It is a godsend, thank you Pete Dowson. The worst were the pedals which I could never get properly calibrated.
    Took a bit of time but worth it in the end.

Just let the team know. I think they need some input, a bit of help, to iron things out. Getting a sim running these days, I can imagine, is a huge task. All these new joysticks coming out, etc...

Bill

Aerospool Dynamic WT9

Hi guys (Hi Bill, in particular)
    I've just re-installed the Dynamic from Lionheart in my P3D v. 1.4 and I'm not able to start the engine !! :isadizzy:
    And what puzzles me is that everything was working properly in the previous v.1.3 ....
    Any suggestions ? (BTW nothing else changed in my Windows 7 64K)
    Italo

Members who have read this thread: 96