IRIS PRO Series F-14A & F-14B Tomcat
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRIS PRO Series F-14A & F-14B Tomcat

IRIS PRO Series F-14A & F-14B Tomcat

Now available in the IRIS store! FSX native and fully compatible with SP2 and Acceleration (SP1 patch coming after the new year) and FS9 version to follow too! Just in time for the holidays.
    For those of you who have purchased the F-14 Version 1.5 direct from us or from one of our many vendors, please e-mail a copy of your proof of purchase for your Premium series product to david@irissimulations.com in order to upgrade from premium to PRO at a discounted value!
    http://irissimulations.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=114
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you know if Banana Bob's fantastic repaints work on the new one?

*head desk* I need to read before posting, yes the mapping is the same so all the previous textures will work on the new models!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks fantastic, can't wait to burn up the sky with this and get 'er dirty! :ernae:

Barry

Initial flight was a lot of fun until my canopy fogged up. I had to crack open the manual and actually read some of it. :costumes:

Nice work, IRIS.

Oh man, no screenshots?

What wrong with you guys?:costumes: Lets see that bubble fogging up!!!!!

Here's a selection...lots more on the IRIS forum..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Didn't quite escape.
    No VF-41 Jet. Nope. Not getting it without a VF-41 jet. :costumes:

Ian P.

Well just did my purchase , off to bank in morning, being waiting for this.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Which one is VF-41 Ian? I'll have a word in the ear of one of the painttechs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BTW, the more people buy the easier it is for me to pursade the lass with the pursestrings that I can treat myself to FSPassengers X...

Support payware, so I can help support payware..lmao!:costumes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This looks great, although the paints could do with more weathering / shading and darkening of the intake ducts to add depth. :ernae:

Looking forward to buying this one

Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    This looks great, although the paints could do with more weathering / shading and darkening of the intake ducts to add depth. :ernae:

Looking forward to buying this one
    Then what would the repainters do to stretch their artistic muscles..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Didn't quite escape.
    T'was a joke, David. I'm not even 100% sure I got the Squadron number right (I was aiming for "Black Aces"... I'm sure there'll be a repaint along at some point...)

I'll be getting this one as soon as I can.

Ian P.

Ah yes, sarcasm is lost on me at the moment... I've been flat out with 18-20 hour days for a week getting this one ready...and even I have found a couple of bugs..lol.

Still I can get those sorted in an hour or two and have time to take time off for Christmas. I can't tell you how damn good it feels to be taking time off! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vigilius
    You're right, Black Aces are VF-41

Didn't quite escape.
    Glad I was right, even though I now have Mötorhead stuck in my head again...

Enjoy your break, David!

Any repainter interested in doing me a VF-41 livery please? :costumes:

Ian P.

If the mapping etc is the same as the previous model Banana Bob did a few skins including a Black Aces scheme. http://www.screenshotworld.com/forum...d&num=10&st=10

And they are dirty birds to, don't forget Pablo Diaz paint as well, all can be found SSW.

Aye,

The F-14 was repainted many many times and this was one factor we stuck with.. The mapping is exactly the same..basically all you need to do is convert your maps from bmp to dds and you're set to go.

(They should even work straight in on the B model too!)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If no one else will (which i highly doubt) I'll get some more F-14 textures out when i get back to my virtual paint booth. And some VF-41 just for you Ian .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not till you've done my red Grim Reapers paint...lol... :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yaaay she's back, my favourite bird in my favourite repaint sitting pretty in FSX.
    Thanks to all involved

added a shot of the FS9 VF-41 repaint, I simply shoved the bmp's into FSX a little bit of jiggery pokery and bingo. Thanks for keeping the mapping the same

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pernik View Post
    Yaaay she's back, my favourite bird in my favourite repaint sitting pretty in FSX.
    Thanks to all involved

added a shot of the FS9 VF-41 repaint, I simply shoved the bmp's into FSX a little bit of jiggery pokery and bingo. Thanks for keeping the mapping the same
    Dude.. those are awesome .. Please send more

Members who have read this thread: 9