EZDOK

Thread: EZDOK

EZDOK

With the trend lately that threads seem to go down hill I have been reluctant to initiate anything but here goes.

I have been holding off from making the purchase of EZDOK.

Is it worth the $$ and how difficult is it to configure and how much trouble is it to use TrackIR5? I have TrackIR5.

VCN-1

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    As a former user, i found it quite interesting the moment i purchased and used it, but since my angle is in development, i found it annoying for test flights, but for the leisure user, it´s quite something else...
    Best regards

Prowler

As a developer I use it quite a lot. It allows me to get closer and see angles of my product I cant get into with the default camera. Its allowed me to see errors that I normally would of missed without it!

My biggest gripe is its a PAIN to configure it all. I would love to do some snazzy video's of the Seabee with it, but I cant figure out how to properly configure it all.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

I bought that addon not long after it was released. Because the configuration was so difficult (for me at least) I never did use it. It's installed on my computer, yet I have no idea how to configure it. Just didn't have the patience.

NC

For a year or so after I bought it, I struggled with the 'how to' then a gent named Erik Krueger (sp) made a series of short videos on how to set it up. Now, it's one of most stellar addons in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    For a year or so after I bought it, I struggled with the 'how to' then a gent named Erik Krueger (sp) made a series of short videos on how to set it up. Now, it's one of most stellar addons in my collection.
    Interesting! Are the videos on Youtube, and if so, can you provide a link or two? Thanks. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Interesting! Are the videos on Youtube, and if so, can you provide a link or two? Thanks. NC
    You can find several videos here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/my-e...opic38637.html. It's really great once you get the hang of it!
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jstanbro View Post
    You can find several videos here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/my-e...opic38637.html. It's really great once you get the hang of it!
    Jerry
    THANKS!

NC

Quote Originally Posted by jstanbro View Post
    Jerry
    Those videos are terrific, I bought EZDok expecting to encounter a very complicated setup which is true about the UI, but just following those videos I was able to setup in <30mins and haven't had to touch any of the complicated effects UI at all since then.

When combined with TrackIR, EZdok is awesome at letting you customize the views and setup good camera positions of panel gauges and GPS which makes flying so natural, it has become something I never fly without.

The best part is thanks to the Flight1 30 day guarantee if you do find it is too complicated you can always get your money back.

Version 2.0 is supposed to be released soon and the author posted that it will be free for version 1.0 owners.
    --John

Is it possible to have the special effects without messing with the default view settings that FSX offers?

VCN-1

Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post
    Is it possible to have the special effects without messing with the default view settings that FSX offers?

VCN-1
    The FSX 'View' selections are still available from the menu bar and Ezdok is included with those selections.

Phenomenal addon. Now that I have it figured out (used the videos), It will never ever leave my FSX. Combined with Track IR, it is the closest I have seen in what I call 'feel' addon...those that can bring a computer chair and PC that much closer to real flying....I highly...HIGHLY recommend it.
    Matt

== u must use their cameras to get the special effects. note this is a positive and not a negative!

i have used ezdok for the longest time. i have not noticed any performance decrease from using it. last night i decided to try going back to the original FSX view system. i couldn't get used to it at all. tweaking with eyepoints and tilt angles is much worse than trying to learn EZDok. and the head movements add a great sense of realism to flying.

the setup is not so bad if you read the manual and follow the user guide to setup. it is only difficult if you actually want to meddle with the head movement settings. but for me, i always find it easier to bring in the settings from a default plane. sometimes i felt the camera configuration was a bit tricky. what i traditionally would do is export the settings from the default plane that is most similar to any new planes that i got and tweak with them there.

e.g. spitfire = mustang, duke = baron, cub (provided settings already), ants eaglet = c172

another thing to note if you do get it is that you may need need to tweak the camera files using Notepad to change the default zoom, or to reset the initial seating position. remember to remove the assignments as noted in the user manual setup guide.

Members who have read this thread: 0