RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye FSX released (Payware) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye FSX released (Payware)

I was able to use the weapons control station as you can see from the pictures above. You have to have the engines shut down and parking brakes applied, just like in the A-7. Load her up and away you go. As for the back seat, I did not have it either. I'll check the cfg file as Prowler suggests.

One more thing on the weapons. When guns are selected the fire button (after mapping it as suggested in the manual) operates just once, like a bomb or rocket launch so I guess that to fire a long burst you have to fire repeatedly. Also there is no associated effect on the guns firing except for the round hits on the ground or water.

First repaint WIP

Here's my first repaint for the bird. It's a rehash of my HQMC paint of the previous version.

Looks great John!! :salute:

Cheers,
    Hank

How to improve frame rates

First and foremost congratulations and thanks to RAZBAM. I, like several other customers, have encountered problems downloading my purchase but have been very impressed by RAZBAM's prompt and pragmatic approach to resolving the matter.

One thing I would suggest to user's who are experiencing poor frame-rates, especially in external view, is to consider downgrading your external aircraft textures using a utility such as DXTBmp. My system was running like a dog in external view. I noticed that the aircraft's external textures are all saved in the highest quality 32bit (DDS 888-8) format. I converted one of the texture variations to DDS DXT5 format which resulted in vastly improved external frame-rates with no appreciable loss in quality.

This is not a criticism of RAZBAM as they have provided the highest quality textures possible. However, it might be useful (perhaps in a future update) to include DXT5 and 888-8 textures and to provide the user the option of choosing which textures to install. This would save time and effort particularly for those users who are not confident enough, or inclined, to convert the textures themselves.

Regards, Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Just uploaded to here and flightsim.com my HQMC repaint. Now I'm toying with a 75th Naval Aviation paint scheme for this bird.

Quote Originally Posted by sarwulf View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the aileron movements seemed reversed in the virtual cockpit view? I.e. I bank right but right wing aileron moves down?
    Yeah, from inside the VC, the aileron animations are reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    Just uploaded to here and flightsim.com my HQMC repaint. Now I'm toying with a 75th Naval Aviation paint scheme for this bird.
    Do you mean 100th ? Either way, looking forward to it.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

"Do you mean 100th ? Either way, looking forward to it." Nope, I meant the 75th ann. For those of us who were around then, ( I was a young Marine SGT at the time) there were some colorful navy birds flying around. Here's what I'm working on.

"Do you mean 100th ? Either way, looking forward to it." Nope, I meant the 75th ann. For those of us who were around then, ( I was a young Marine SGT at the time) there were some colorful navy birds flying around. Here's what I'm working on.
    That one is a beauty.

Just a quick heads up. The bugs have been fixed. We will start migration to another hosting service today. We expect to be fully operational by tomorrow.

Does the ILS work with the Carriers?

Dave

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Gents, we are switching servers, we will be down for approximately 12 hrs until everything is uploaded and tested, this will finally fix the broken downloads issues(paypal issue is already fixed).
    Thanks for the patience, weŽll use this media for more info regarding this (as our forums will be down as well)

weŽll upload also the fixed T-2, all customers accounts will be reset to 0 so you can download again the product

Best regards

Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Does the ILS work with the Carriers?

Dave
    No. Unfortunately I still haven't cracked the problem of creating an ACL for naval aircraft.

That's going to be fantastic. I was still in the Navy then (CPO) stationed at South Weymouth, Mass. A PBY-5A painted in 75th Anniversary colors was there about three weeks (landing gear problems). Fine looking bird. Looking forward to your paint.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

USN 75th Anniversary T-2B

Some WIP screenshots of a Buckeye done in the 75th Anniversary scheme.

Is there any news regarding this work? Have just visited your forums and they seem fine but cannot see any update or reset of download allowance at puchase site. Thanks, Taff.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    Gents, we are switching servers, we will be down for approximately 12 hrs until everything is uploaded and tested, this will finally fix the broken downloads issues(paypal issue is already fixed).
    Thanks for the patience, weŽll use this media for more info regarding this (as our forums will be down as well)

weŽll upload also the fixed T-2, all customers accounts will be reset to 0 so you can download again the product

Best regards

Prowler

I am thinking of planning an around-the-world-flight and was wondering if something like the T-2 would be a good cadidate?

I am not looking for something blazingly fast nor something that can fly 2000 nm without refueling (the landings are part of the fun).

Thoughts/opinions?

Thanks!
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Can RAZBAM provide an update, even if it's just a holding one? I have just checked and the forum site is unavailable and my account no longer exists at RAZBAM store site. I appreciate that unforseen problems may have been encountered and it's taken way longer than the predicted 12hours but an update would be appreciated.

Taff

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Is there any news regarding this work? Have just visited your forums and they seem fine but cannot see any update or reset of download allowance at puchase site. Thanks, Taff.

Taff, we are switching servers, and this will take a while !!
    Once the switch is done, all will be in back in working order, and download counters set to zero.

If you look some posts before on this thread you could have seen the post Ron made about the server switch.......

Also, you could visit here : http://www.facebook.com/groups/114149571850/ for any questions!

Cheers,
    Hank

Thanks Hank,

Is Ron aka Prowler? If so that was the post I was referring to. As for Facebook - I don't have an account and I will have nothing to do with it. Must be one of very few people on the planet that feel that way

An update is all I was after and you have very kindly provided that.

Cheers,

Taff.

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    The store is back online, PLEASE allow 2 hrs for the updated T-2 Buckeye

Prowler

T-2 Update

I see only 1 download left on my account

How can I tell if this is the new download or not?

Thanks

ramsa329@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by ramsa329 View Post
    I see only 1 download left on my account

How can I tell if this is the new download or not?

Thanks

ramsa329@msn.com
    When your downloads count reads 3 you will know that the updated installer is available.

ZEUS67,

Will the down load have fixes?

Thanks again RAZBAM for this fun and entertaining little aircraft

T-2

Thanks for the clarification

I'll wait patiently for what is already a great add-on

Members who have read this thread: 3