RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye FSX released (Payware) - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye FSX released (Payware)

Absolutely Awesome plane. Light on the computer but high quality visuals inside and out, stable and agile at the same time. Realistic Instrument panel and weapon's loadings.

A different kind of a mlitary plane and a kind of plane missing from all recent high quality releases. In other words a must have, with its affordable price and its support by the RAZBAM Team,which cares for its friends/customers, even when on personal time.

Regarding the installer's path dual MICROSOFT SIMULATOR X entry. I've seen it in many releases so far. The easiest thing to do : Delete the un-needed MICROSOFT SIMULATOR X (2nd entry) during installation, or manually copy from there to the relevant FSX folders. For me, just deleting the 2nd entry worked fine and the aircraft installed nicely.

Finally downloaded a complete file this morning from work. Will have to wait until I go back to try this one.

It's been a less than smooth purchasing procedure but finally worked out thanks to the great support. Thanks guys!

I'm seriously thinking of working on the Kalamata Hellenic Air Force base to have a suitable home for this baby and my Iris T-6 Texan II.

I sure would love to have the T-2. But have found it impossible to buy it at the RAZBAM site. I get through entire purchase procedures using PAYPAL but nothing happens when I click the pay button. I drop out of RAZBAM and cannot login again...does not recognize my password. I have emailed them, but no response yet. Is this going to get to SimMarket anytime soon?
    John
    ATC USN Ret

When I click on the RAZBAM link in this thread, I find myself in John Johnsons account!!!!!!!

Eventually, RAZBAM's staff will help you out any time now, just contact them. They've cut their lunch time to help me out yesterday !! (I didn't know they were having lunch though).

I think for such a reasonable price for this fine plane we have to support these guys first.

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    When I click on the RAZBAM link in this thread, I find myself in John Johnsons account!!!!!!!
    Honest mistake. Ron copied the URL with his session cookie that now is translating it as a customer account.

The link (no cookies) is : http://razbamsims.com/store/product_...products_id=34

No problem. I just went direct to the store. Had to create a new account though. I have a whole bunch of A7's so I know I had an account before. So, got one again, no problem.

Jim

What, no carrier ops pics yet? Dang civilians!

It took me three passes to get aboard, but I finally made it. I think I was being waved off in one of these pics, and with good reason! This is a beauty, thanks RAZBAM people!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    No problem. I just went direct to the store. Had to create a new account though. I have a whole bunch of A7's so I know I had an account before. So, got one again, no problem.

Jim
    Were you able to get the T-2 with your new account? I had to create a new account, but still could not buy it.

John Johnson

Actually I only had to get a new password (not new account), but have still not been able to buy the Buckeye.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    What, no carrier ops pics yet? Dang civilians!

It took me three passes to get aboard, but I finally made it. I think I was being waved off in one of these pics, and with good reason! This is a beauty, thanks RAZBAM people!
    Excellent screenshots, Paul! Superb!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Excellent screenshots, Paul! Superb!

Pete

Thanks Pete! The Air Boss told me never to come near his boat again, hehe.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Were you able to get the T-2 with your new account? I had to create a new account, but still could not buy it.

John Johnson

Actually I only had to get a new password (not new account), but have still not been able to buy the Buckeye.
    John:
    I sent you an email

Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post

Thanks Pete! The Air Boss told me never to come near his boat again, hehe.
    Well, we both know what it's like to be in the cross hairs of the Air Boss. Just working the deck, the last thing I wanted to have happen, was to get called to go see the Air Boss. Not a good thing...... Nope.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    The altimeter isn't calibrated to the VSI. For instance, if you put it into a 200 fpm climb as indicated by the VSI, the altimeter spins up at around 100 feet per second.

I believe there's something else going on with the altimeter, as well. It's just too quick to spin up and down. Holding your altitude with that kind of response from the altimeter, makes holding your altitude quite challenging, and not very realistic.
    Same here with the altimeter...
    landing lights not working on B, C, D, and E They are working on the A model

I'm really enjoy what ya did with the old new girl, what a great collection of the Trainer, I believe I like the single engine model the best, shes a hand full on landings

John, yes I got the T-2 with no trouble at all.

Jim

Darn, if this isn't the toughest plane I have ever tried to buy. I finally was able to login and purchase the T-2. Got my acknowledgement email from RAZBAM and my receipt from PayPal. Only problem now is how the hell do I download it ???? I login, go to my account and the purchase shows as pending...no download available. And it's snowing again up here in cold country
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Charter Member 2011
    Darn, if this isn't the toughest plane I have ever tried to buy. I finally was able to login and purchase the T-2. Got my acknowledgement email from RAZBAM and my receipt from PayPal. Only problem now is how the hell do I download it ???? I login, go to my account and the purchase shows as pending...no download available. And it's snowing again up here in cold country
    Taking care of it, if youŽre one of the few having download issues, iŽll fix it using "yousendit" with your purchase and same number of downloads, stby, please

Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    Taking care of it, if youŽre one of the few having download issues, iŽll fix it using "yousendit" with your purchase and same number of downloads, stby, please

Prowler
    I don't know what "yousendit" means, but I'm standing by.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Prowler, thanks for the help. It downloaded fine...and quickly-big file! Installed it, flew it, love it. It was definitely worth the wait.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Wow, I seem to be filling up this thread. After clearing up all the new snow outside, I am trying to operate my new T-2. I seem to be having a few problems. I've read the manual through two times but can't get a few things to operate.

Launch bar: cannot get it to appear (ctrl+l according to the manual)

The radio preset and the Weapon Control Station panels display but do not function.

I have no rear cockpit, only vc is front pit.

Anyone else having these troubles ?
    John
    ATC USN Ret

I am starting to like this plane a lot. I have to ask my instructor on tips as he surely flew them before flying A-7s for the HAF.

Meanwhile I had a great time with it tonight. I enjoyed carrier ops:

Attachment 58012Attachment 58013Attachment 58014

but mainly flying the T-2E out of Kalamata, armed and dangerous:
    Attachment 58015Attachment 58016Attachment 58017

Here is the effect of a rocket attack on a farmer's warehouse and strafing a smuggler's boat with the .50s:
    Attachment 58019Attachment 58020

Wow, I seem to be filling up this thread. After clearing up all the new snow outside, I am trying to operate my new T-2. I seem to be having a few problems. I've read the manual through two times but can't get a few things to operate.

Launch bar: cannot get it to appear (ctrl+l according to the manual)

The radio preset and the Weapon Control Station panels display but do not function.

I have no rear cockpit, only vc is front pit.

Anyone else having these troubles ?
    John, must be a typo in the manual (I'll check that and contact Ron), but the launch bridle is activated not by CTRL+I but by using SHIFT+I.
    About the radio, haven't checked that out (sorry, I was just the painter......) but will do so eventually.
    With the control CTRL + Enter you can move yourself into the rear cockpit, and adjusting your height with SHIFT + Enter.

Cheers, :salute:
    Hank

Charter Member 2011
    Manual typo, you have to use FSX default keystrokes, that is CTRL+U for "deploying" the cat bar and CTRL+I to "attach" the cat bar
    As for the 2nd cockpit, SNAFU from me, the coordinates are in the aircraft cfg, look for this:

[Views]
    eyepoint = 10.90,0.00,3.38
    //eyepoint=5.41,0.00,4.16

Just erase the "//" in the bottom info and add them to the top, that will put you in the back seat.

All will be fixed in the now mandatory patch

Best regards

Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    John, must be a typo in the manual (I'll check that and contact Ron), but the launch bridle is activated not by CTRL+I but by using SHIFT+I.
    About the radio, haven't checked that out (sorry, I was just the painter......) but will do so eventually.
    With the control CTRL + Enter you can move yourself into the rear cockpit, and adjusting your height with SHIFT + Enter.

Cheers, :salute:
    Hank
    Thanks for the help. Works when I do it right. I had a massive brain fart on the Weapon Control Panel....it is printed on the panel that it only works with engines off and BRAKES set. I guess I need some more ground training.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Has anyone else noticed that the aileron movements seemed reversed in the virtual cockpit view? I.e. I bank right but right wing aileron moves down?

Members who have read this thread: 3