UTE problem

Thread: UTE problem

UTE problem

Ultimate Terrain Europe... I think you can see what my problem is ? All roads are double... I still can see the default roads from FS9
    Maybe somebody has an idea or an advice how to fix this little problem ???

THX in advance

Andi

Attachment 57148

If I remember, the UT installer will rename the default files it will replace with its own thus disabling the defaults. If these are default roads beside the new UT ones, I would not have expected them to be so exactly parallel. The UT forum would be worth visiting as someone probably had this happen and hopefully got a fix.

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/Europe.html
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Hi Andi,

At a guess the default roads haven't been disabled. Try running the Config Utility and selecting the "restore FS2004 Defaults" button, which should reset your system back to pre-UTE installation. Now check that the default FS2004 folder for Europe does NOT have any disabled files (normally disabled by renaming them from BGLs to XXXs)

Reboot your PC then re-run the Utility and reselect the UTE options you want. Check the default FS2004 folder for Europe and confirm that some of the files have been disabled by being renamed as XXX files.

Hopefully this will solve the problem. If it doesn't, especially if the default files are not renamed, I would suspect something on your system is preventing the file disabling.

Cheers,

Alastair

I had EXACTLY that problem when I installed UT-USA 13 months ago. The corrective procedure provided by Quantumleap on the UT Support forum is EXACTLY the one described by Alastair. It fixed my problem.

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

THX for your answers especially to Alastair ! Now it works I had also a small problem with "Scenery germany 2" covered areas. But after reinstalling it also this prob is solved.

THX 100 times ! :ernae:

Greets

(a happy) Andi