A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 36
Page 36 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2628293031323334353637383940414243444686 ... LastLast

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The Fire Fighting Tanker now has wings and a good start, model variant number 8.

That should do it folks. :-)
    Thank you Uncle Milton!!!!!!!!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ahhhh yes ... here we go .... will get out the pry bar and have a look. :-)

Lol. Take your time Sir, there's a lot of of great developments going on in your workshop.

Awesome D model and tanker!

Bravo!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

another crate for a Mr. Shupe on express delivery, should contain a WIP central unit etc and fixed Windshield edging :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    another crate for a Mr. Shupe on express delivery, should contain a WIP central unit etc and fixed Windshield edging :salute:
    Great stuff Matt! Just checked things out, made some specular adjustments and sent a new model and sim observations back to you. Love your work :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

ok seen here at 2048*2048 texture resolution is the right hand knee-height console.... slowly adding the text to bring it to life.... hopefully the FS9 texture resolution will still be legible.... rendered in 3DS as my main FS Rig (home of my Harpoon work) is down for a short while

ok seen here at 2048*2048 texture resolution is the right hand knee-height console.... slowly adding the text to bring it to life.... hopefully the FS9 texture resolution will still be legible.... rendered in 3DS as my main FS Rig (home of my Harpoon work) is down for a short while

Matt, send me what you have and I will check it out.

If necessary. I will remap for higher resolution.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

ok will send you that texture sheet.....

:salute:

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very smart work indeed - loving it!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Matt, just looking at that template, I can easily make the knee panel right-side about 45% larger without affecting the rest of the content.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ok, just gonna fire you that texture sheet to see if we have to change it or not.... :salute:

Here it is in FS9 with a 1024 sheet.
    EDIT: Not as clear as in sim ... jpeg compression at 70%

100% zoom from pilot and copilot positions.

Not bad but could improve, maybe bold?
    Is this the same font? Seems shorter on the front face.

Will be happy to go higher res if necessary.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

fixing now, font is now sorted, removed the spacing between letters, and sharpened it slightly :salute:

back to full steam ahead....

PV-2D Help

I intend to do one version of the PV-2D although a few options could be available.
    It will be a clean version with only the turret similar to the Taigh Ramey restoration.

Attached is the only color version I could find on teh Internet of a PV-2 in original clothes (post-war).

Not many were produced but are there other colored pictures with options out there?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I intend to do one version of the PV-2 although a few options could be available.
    It will be a clean version with only the turret similar to the Taigh Ramey restoration.

Attached is the only color version I could find on teh Internet of a PV-2 in original clothes (post-war).

Not many were produced but are there other colored pictures with options out there?
    Hi Milton,

That would be glossy sea blue (FS15042). See http://www.klasskote.com/product/KKAMCGS15042. Also used on the Dutch ex-US Navy Harpoons.

Cheers,
    Maarten

well.... thats the right side console labelled up... might scuff it up a bit yet, now onto the central console/Throttle unit

Harpoon Info

I am going to visit the Navy Aviation Museum at NAS Pensacola this coming weekend. I'll keep my eyes peeled for info on the Harpoon.

If anyone has any requests for info on specific US Navy aeroplanes, let me know and I'll try and track it down for you while I'm there.

By the way, I really like that three tone scheme that Norab posted above.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

anyone got an image of a Lockheed manufacturing plate? Harpoon has one just below and on the rearwards facing face of the central control unit... could do with a better reference image than what's available so i can see what kind of info has to go in each of the 6 boxes... i know 2 are 'Navy Serial' and 'Navy Model' but thats about all i can see....

anyone got an image of a Lockheed manufacturing plate? Harpoon has one just below and on the rearwards facing face of the central control unit... could do with a better reference image than what's available so i can see what kind of info has to go in each of the 6 boxes... i know 2 are 'Navy Serial' and 'Navy Model' but thats about all i can see....
    Matt,

This one perhaps?

Cheers,
    Maarten

perfect! thanks Maarten! :salute:

Always a pleasure Matt.
    Thank you for all the great work you're doing.:salute:

Cheers,
    Maarten

no problem :salute:

here's a latest, slowly things are coming to life... once labels are on i then find a dog... most likely a Great Dane or German Shepherd.... or the ex.... throw a rubber ball into the flight deck and wait for it to scratch everything up....

Attachment 73482

Fire Fighting Tanker Ready for the Paint Shop

Just finished up the tanker details and sending off to the paint shop.

That pretty much wraps up the modeling duties with 8 variants.

As Matt works on the textures, I will move over to finish the CANT Z 1007 exterior so I can send it off to Manuele.
    That should take a week or so, then I will look at whether to do the Lodestar or Ventura MkII.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Andy :-) We are having fun.

I guess the attached answers the cockpit lighting questions.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 82