Adios RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye!

Thread: Adios RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye!

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there

Adios RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye!

Gents:
    During the week we´ll phase out completely the CFS2/FS9 RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye .Originally released in October 2005, it served in the virtual skies for 6 years, time on which several repaints were released most notably by Russel R. Smith and more recently by John Detrick.It´s flight model was created by Phineas Henshaw aka "Unicorn man" in conjunction with Lt. Colonel "Stork" Reinhart, resulting in an extremely accurate flight model (Lt. C. Reinhart was back then flying Buckeyes).
    It´s being replaced by a new set of T-2 Buckeyes, for FSX only, more complex, visual accurate and really busy to fly.Flight model is also even more accurate to give the user more "feel".
    The original release will not be available anymore, anywhere, it wont be released as freeware either.
    We´ll have a special "pre-release" offer to our registered customers for 24hrs prior to public release at our online store and then our distributors.
    And of course, it´s payware, price TBA.

RAZBAM North American T-2 Buckeye original release pic on the "RAZBAM facility ramp" 09/15/2005

Best regards

Prowler

I guess my question would be, why are you discontinuing the CFS2 / FS9 model if the new model is FSX only? Doesn't make much sense to me...so what if you're replacing it with a newer model with more bells and whistles? It's still FSX only and all you are doing by discontinuing the FS9 model is rubbing our noses in it, for those that fly FS9 only.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth View Post
    I guess my question would be, why are you discontinuing the CFS2 / FS9 model if the new model is FSX only? Doesn't make much sense to me...so what if you're replacing it with a newer model with more bells and whistles? It's still FSX only and all you are doing by discontinuing the FS9 model is rubbing our noses in it, for those that fly FS9 only.
    Marketing ploy pure and simple, panic potential buyers into buying a product that is now no longer a major seller. I no doubt will be berated for my opinion, but why discontinue. Many people don't have the machine to run FSX or have no interest in owning FSX. It's not as if a piece of software takes up any real estate is it? I'll go nd hide under my rock now.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

After being on the market for 6 years, and after the recent $5 sale, it is pretty apparent that everyone who wanted the T-2 package for CFS2/FS9 already has it. No point in carrying a product that has little to no sells potential.

I have had the T-2 for a few years now, bought it back in my CFS2 days.....and love the bird. Came with the FS9 version as well, so when I moved to "The Dark Side" I already had the T-2 to crash in my newly installed FS9.

NOTE: You all know how we FS9ers refer to FSX as the Dark Side. The CFS2 folks refer to FS9 as the Dark Side as well.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I bought the FS9 version in the recent sale for $5 and I have to say it is still a fun plane, even if it is a bit dated by today's standards.

Maybe Razbam could just lower the price tag?

Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Marketing ploy pure and simple, panic potential buyers into buying a product that is now no longer a major seller. I no doubt will be berated for my opinion, but why discontinue. Many people don't have the machine to run FSX or have no interest in owning FSX. It's not as if a piece of software takes up any real estate is it? I'll go nd hide under my rock now.
    You're not alone.

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Well, dude, just to prove my point, and the fact is not a "marketing ploy", i´m taking it out of our store right now, and distributors are already being contacted to do so.
    We at RAZBAM don´t behave that way.
    Adios RAZBAM CFS2/FS9 T-2 Buckeye! (the CFS2 Version is available as freeware at our site, btw)

Best regards

Prowler

Onward and upward!
    :ernae:

Lightbulb

And now, the circle is complete - case closed. :mixedsmi:

Members who have read this thread: 0