wake island and midway theatres crash to desktop but not pearl ha

Thread: wake island and midway theatres crash to desktop but not pearl ha

wake island and midway theatres crash to desktop but not pearl ha

I think I have a problem with my installation. Even though as far as i know I have folowed instructions to the letter my pearl harbour selection is okay it will take me ito the game but when i try the midway and wake island theatres they crash to the desktop could I have some advice please

gary

Hello

Did you change the 7 lines in the theater selector batch file as per install guide?

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun______"

For me it's

"C:\Documents and Settings\jim\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun______"

The path for the uisel.bat should be the same as well

Cheers

TW
    PTO RS MP Missions nights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLMot-_Vik

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2015
    Hello,
    "The path for the uisel.bat should be the same as well"

I do not find this file
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Proper installation:

1. A fully-updated vanilla CFS3 has to be in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games. It has to have been flown at least once. If it had flown in another
    location, and then copied to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Gsmes, that counts.
    2. Then install CFS3 PTO Rising Sun Part 1 to the default C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games location. It is a two-step installer.
    3. If you want RS to be in another location, simply move it to that new location now.
    4. If you have copied your vaniila CFS3 from somewhere else to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games, please remove it now.
    5. Now you can finish installing PTO RS to the new location, starting with Part 2 and finishing with Part 7. After Part 7 is finished running you will be
    asked if you want to run the BDP Zapper, ZX Zapper, and Multicfs3.exe.
    Say yes to all three.
    When the Multicfs3.exe runs, type in: CFS3 PTO Rising Sun. When you click Accept, it will automatically fill the rest of the line with underscores.
    If Multicfs3.exe does not run, go into the CFS3 PTO Rising Sun main game folder and run it from there.
    After this, you will need to run the cfs3config.exe from inside the PTO RS main game folder.
    Also, you will need to start CFS3 PTO Rising Sun from INSIDE the CFS3 PTO Rising Sun main game folder as well, fly it once, and then shut down.

NOTE: DO NOT RUN THE DESKTOP SHORT CUTS OR Rising_Sun_Theater_Selector.bat UNTIL CFS3_PTO_Rising Sun_Uisel.EXE HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND SET-UP.
    Also, DO NOT START THE GAME AGAIN UNTIL THE CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Uisel.EXE HAS BEEN RUN AND UISEL SELECTORS EDITED.
    8. Now run the CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Uisel-Installer_part-8.exe and aim it at your Application Data folder, to inside the newly-created CFS3 PTO Rising
    Sun________ folder.
    9. Now go into the main game folder and look for the Rising_Sun_Theater_Selector.bat file.
    Right-click on it, select properties, and make sure the Read Only box is UNCHECKED.
    If you had to change it, click Apply and then OK, otherwise just click OK.
    Right-click on it again and select Edit.
    Seven times down though that document, you will see CD "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun______".
    If your RS Application Data folder is in another location than the one listed, you will have to change it now, in all 7 instances.
    Do that, then save it.
    Right-click an then check Read Only again, Apply and OK.
    10. If you main game folder is located anywhere other than C:\Program File\Microsoft Games, go into the Application Data folder for CFS3 PTO Rising
    Sun________.
    You will now see seven (7) 2*_uisel.bat files.
    You will need to do a similar edit on each one, the same way you just did to the above to the Rising_Sun_Theater_Selector.bat file above.
    Scroll to the bottom of each of the seven (7) batch files, and you will see this: CD "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun"
    Simply change the location to where your PTO RS main game folder now lies.
    That should do it.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Hello,
    "The path for the uisel.bat should be the same as well"

I do not find this file
    Should be zip number 8

TW
    PTO RS MP Missions nights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLMot-_Vik

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tHEATRE pROBLEM hELPED

Guys you've been a great help it seems a lot clearr now the way that you've all expalined it.

I have been scratching my head all afternoon.

Many thanks guys

I get the same thing trying to install in win7. What would be the wright path for the application data ?

Charter Member 2015
    Hello,
    This is mine

C:\Users\Win7 Emile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\PTO Rising Sun_____________
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

That's what I did:

Open windows explorer, type %appdata% into the adress-bar, hit enter. You should now be in your appdata folder.

Search for the PTO RisingSun directory and open it.

Thanks guys I was trying to use "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun______"
    instead of"C:\Users\xxx\Appdata\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun______"
    Now everything has fallen in place.:ernae:

Made a small mistake here,I ope I have not missleaded anyone.
    The proper path to the uie files should read :"C:\Users\xxx\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun______"
    Sorry

Small problem here;afther making the required mods the only theatre I can access is the Sino-japanese.

Found the problem! forgot to replace the file target path when executing the 8th file.Using win7 requires some adjustment and constant alertness!