Question; Starting anew... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question; Starting anew...

That's true Mike..... I fergot all about that. :redf: I'm just so used to playing with the AMS mod it hard to remember the vanilla TC.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Ohhh the pain!

OK I forgot how painful it can be starting fresh, I have been taking it easy cruising around trading and picking up some easy jobs to build up my rep and fleet, and totally forgot about the bad guys... It didn't take long for them to find me cruising around in my nice fat freighter with all this cargo and no Vidar to watch my slow a$$ Mercury! It wasn't pretty and I barely slipped through a gate to safety. I did make it out in mostly one piece, but I took some heavy damage and much of my hard earned equipment was destroyed and some of the cargo with it, so I am now limping around looking for a shipyard to do some repairs and pick up the equipment I lost. I called in my Discover Raiders and as soon as they arrive I will be keeping them close at hand. I think I will try and pick up a few more if I can just to be on the safe side. On the bright side I did sneak back out from the Solar Power plant after the Pirates were out of sight and had a good jaunt around the sector picking up some salvage, those boys sure seem to have missiles to spare, I was racing a Magnatar to claim all the unexploded missiles and picked up more than a dozen.

Lesson learned, always have protection!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    lolol Mike.

As you are telling the story, I am seeing it all in my mind. Been there, done that. I was destroyed twice, but restarted from saved points where I had just docked with a station. When it happened though, I was just staring at the screen thinking 'no way! that did NOT just happen!', the sad 'crash' X3 music score playing in the background, my debris spinning off into infiniti... <sniff.....>
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    You should also start claiming the abandoned ships and wares in the sectors you go to Bill. There's a ton of money in them too.

If they need repairs I do that and then sell them at the shipyards. Most times the ships are worth far more than if you just sell them off.

Thanks Gary for the advice. I will be doing that. I have 'never' sold a ship! I have had this game, I think 3+ years, and never sold one, single ship!!!

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Ahhhh, then you've been missing out on some good and easy credits Mike.The last few nights I've played I've added to my credits with assassination jobs, of which one paid just 12 credits under 10 milion. Yep, you read right. The ships and wares claimed hasn't hurt either. I've now amassed a small but tidy fortune that has exceeded just over 925 million credits. Now if this was real money..... oh what a time I could have. LOL

I think when I hit 1 billion I might start a fresh career. Or maybe not. LOL

Merry Christmas guys. I'll see you out in the X Verse. Capt. Jack Sparrow, over and out.... for now. :d :salute:
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    MY GOODNESS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AN X3 BILLIONAIRE!!!! LOLOLOL.... I want your autograph!

That is some SERIOUS hard work, Gary!

LMAO.... Bill, my autograph ain't worth the paper it'd be writtin on. Besides, I'm not a billionaire yet. Remember now, this has been done with next to none trading. All done by sector protection, a wee bit of taxi service, selling claimed ships, and a whole bunch of assassinations. :d The rest ain't worth my time. LOL
    Gary -