Alabeo - New Company
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo - New Company

Lightbulb Alabeo - New Company

Carenado is announcing the creation of a new company: ALABEO (www.alabeo.com). This new company was born as a joint venture of a young and talented 3D artist’s team and the well-known general aviation developer company: Carenado.

This talented young team is composed by 3D modelers, digital artists and computer programmers. Their vast knowledge in the current 3D modeling techniques, digital arts and games programing makes a perfect fit with a company like Carenado. Both teams will complement each other with their specific areas of expertise, pursuing the objective of developing fun stuff for the major home flight simulators.
    Carenado will support this new company providing expertise, a cutting edge technological platform, and vast commercial experience.Alabeo plans to release its first aircraft in the next few days.

I'm really looking forward to some quality aerobatic aircraft! Looks like a SU-26 on their main page...

And a Bipe (inverted over the runway)

Yep, definitely looks like an Su-26 on the main page. Hope it's as detailed and the textures are as good as what are on the Carenado models. Hard to tell but it looks like the bipe is a Pitts of some sort..

Not that FSX isn't good now, but I think it's going to be getting a lot better with all the addon's in the pipeline Hope that Sukhoi is their first release!

Darrell

Yeah, it seems a Su-26 in Red Bull livery, and one Pitts Special...
    I really hope, this new company can make a really realistic aileron-sensibility and effectivity for their aircraft! Because now we have some great aerobatic aircraft, but with very unrealistic aileron.

I wish the best of luck with this merging. One thing that comes to mind, I hope the Alabeo developers release real layered paint templates with their products, and not follow the Carenado mentality of only providing a blank texture.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I wish the best of luck with this merging. One thing that comes to mind, I hope the Alabeo developers release real layered paint templates with their products, and not follow the Carenado mentality of only providing a blank texture.
    Yeah! Absolutely agree with that!
    And we need less mirrored texture mapping too!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    For those without facebook:

Attachment 52669Attachment 52670Attachment 52671Attachment 52672

Looks promising!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Charter Member 2015
    Hope they model the oil drip trays!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Alabeo .. Carenados aerobatic workshop

It looks like Carenado opened a second brand named Alabeo. They are already working on a Pitts 2S2 and it looks pretty good!

http://alabeo.com/

From a post over at Carenado.com

Carenado releases a new company
    ALABEO.com

November 21st, 2011
    Carenado is announcing the creation of a new company: ALABEO (www.alabeo.com). This new company was born as a joint venture of a young and talented 3D artist’s team and the well-known general aviation developer company: Carenado.
    This talented young team is composed by 3D modelers, digital artists and computer programmers. Their vast knowledge in the current 3D modeling techniques, digital arts and games programing makes a perfect fit with a company like Carenado. Both teams will complement each other with their specific areas of expertise, pursuing the objective of developing fun stuff for the major home flight simulators.
    Carenado will support this new company providing expertise, a cutting edge technological platform, and vast commercial experience.
    Alabeo plans to release its first aircraft in the next few days.
    People can also follow Alabeo via their favorite social networks:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Alabeo
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/Alabeo_com

About Alabeo
    Alabeo has been brought forth with the aim of bringing a different type of flying experience to people who may otherwise never get the chance to experience it. Alabeo products combine the joy, the challenge and the FUN of flying.
    The company uses advanced computer modeling techniques, digital texturing, and state-of-the-art programming procedures, taking advantage of the latest features in the most popular flight simulators.
    The team is a group of young and very talented modelers, designers, aviation experts, and pilots, with a unique and clear mission of developing a fun and immersive flight experience.

Philippe
    Student Pilot

New screenshots of the Pitts S-2 up over on their facebook page. Looks like we're gonna soon have several Pitts aircraft to play with between this one and the Sibwings Pitts models

Darrell

Please Alabeo, post some fresh screenshots about Sukhoi 26! :

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    , and not follow the Carenado mentality of only providing a blank texture.
    never had a problem with those (check my Carenado paints, like the one below), but no mirrored mapping would be nice

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The pitts doesn't interest me much...

BRING ON THE -26!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingip View Post

About Alabeo
    Alabeo has been brought forth with the aim of bringing a different type of flying experience to people who may otherwise never get the chance to experience it. Alabeo products combine the joy, the challenge and the FUN of flying.
    For some reason, i can no longer believe a company is serious when they embolden or highlight the word "FUN".
    a. its word for word the description MS makes of their Flight product,
    b. What, Flying isnt fun anyway??? Why does this have to be highlighted??
    c. Sorry, I aint buyin it..
    Pam

Looks like the Su 26 photoshoot request has been answered

Attachment 52770Attachment 52771
    Attachment 52772Attachment 52773
    Philippe
    Student Pilot

Charter Member 2015

Attachment 52770Attachment 52771
    Attachment 52772Attachment 52773
    That very Su-26 belonged to an acquaintance of mine (under an EI- reg). Sadly it was lost in a ground fire after it erupted in flames during start up. Hope there is a good soundset to go with this addon.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

O MAN. That baby is mine!

FUN in this case may mean SPEED and AEROBATICS.

I am excited !

Great news !

Anyone remember Flight Unlimited 1 ??....

I suppose fat chance that we're going to get anything like that with this new Alabeo company....

Seeing that they seem to concentrate on aerobatic aircraft it *would* be the way to go, wouldn't it. Provide not only superb looking aircraft models and (hopefully) equally superb flight models but teach us to properly fly them by means of a virtual instructor. That's how it was done with FU1 ( Ok, the external/internal models may not have been 'superb' really but the flight dynamics were exquisite, certainly for those days, and that's what really counts, isn't it )

F.i. for all i know there has never been a flightsim with which you could properly execute a knife edge pass. With FU1, after some practise and with help of the instructor, you certainly could. And thàt felt fantastic !

All typical aerobatic manoeuvres were explained in a booklet and the instructor would show you how to execute them and tell you what you were doing wrong and what you were doing right during your practise runs. I don't think i have ever had more fun with a flightsim than trying to properly execute aerobatic manoeuvres with FU1. It was sheer magic!

Sure, actual flight simulation in the FU series was programmed totally different compared to FS and both the FU and FS books are closed so it will be highly unlikely to see these two come together one way or another. In MY aerobatics book, if you cannot properly execute a knife edge in a simulated aerobatic plane than, no matter how superb the external and internal models look ( and they sure do ! ), it's not exactly a simulated aerobatic plane, is it...

Btw, with FU1 you could fly the Decathlon, Pitts S-2B, Extra 300S and Su-31. For anybody unfamiliar with FU1 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Unlimited

I figure a knife edge pass has been and will always remain impossible with FS ( let alone a virtual instructor teaching me basic aerobatic manoeuvres ) simply because the flight dynamics are programmed completely different compared to FU1 ( which f.i. actually models airflow over the wings ) but i am still pretty exited about the news of this new aerobatic branch of the Carenado franchise. You can never be really sure if a cow cannot catch a hare, as we say here in Holland.

cheers,
    Jan

Jan, I absolutely agree with all of your words!! You have right!

Wow. This Su-26 looks very, very well. Interesting idea and Interesting model. Cant wait .
    I hope You will think about Su31 too with Jurgis Karis modifications . Fantastic Pilot and Fantastic plane!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Jan, I bet Austin Meyers would say something different ...... LOLOL !
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Hoi Francois,

Austin Meyer, Austin Meyer.... hmmmm, Xplane, right ?.... Xplain, please ?...

He'd say that HIS flight models are all based on airflow and other engineering trickery and the only realistic aviation sim around ;-)
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/