Before F-4´s, A-4´s, F-8´s..

Thread: Before F-4´s, A-4´s, F-8´s..

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there

Before F-4´s, A-4´s, F-8´s..

You had to master one of these....

Still WiP (schemes/textures)

The 2 engine Buckeye came a bit later, but if you were going to earn those navy wings, and you happened to be in 1959 to 1964, the T2J-1 (later T-2A) was the mount you´ll have to master before you got into the hot stuff (Phantoms, Scooters, Crusaders..)
    Coming really s**n!..full of details and our own "busy cockpit" which will ensure you´ll have to read the manual before you hop into it, and yes, once again, you´ll have to monitor that engine..Part of the Buckeye Xtreme package.

Best regards

Prowler

'Piece of Chocolate Cake' Ron , I got so well trained up on the F-102 and even had Oldendirt 'Dave' on my wing to keep me straight and level :salute:

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    well, this bird in particular is very underpowered, and bolters on it are quite a trip..LOL

Ron, looks fantastic as well, though admittedly a bigger fan of the B variant. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to it's release so the scooter gets closer to completion.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Ron, looks fantastic as well, though admittedly a bigger fan of the B variant. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to it's release so the scooter gets closer to completion.

Matt
    Not only the T-2A, but all versions of the Buckeye will be part of the package (T-2A/B/C/D & E).........

Here some WIP shots :

T-2B (HQ USMC / Washington DC)

T-2C (US Naval Test Pilot School)

Cheers,
    Hank

Hi,

Looks very nice. Please, no plain 255-255-255 white, go a bit darker :salute:

Hi Dag,

Rest assured, I use FS17825 ( 241-240-234 ) as white, according to official USN documents. :salute:
    You can see the difference with the WIP of the T-2A (T2J-1), the canopy rail is left unpainted pure white.....

Cheers,
    Hank

Charter Member 2015
    Some weird effects going on with the nav lights!

Great work on the Buckeye,Prowler...though I'm itching for the fsx'd Skyhawk set.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The model is used for repainting purposes only, the floating Nav light appears to be a reference point.......

Cheers,
    Hank

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    well, this bird in particular is very underpowered, and bolters on it are quite a trip..LOL
    Hells ..may have to take you up and check it out and kick the tires so to speak :salute:

In the workshop........Hellenic Air Force T-2E!

Cheers,
    Hank

Another in the paint shop.....a DT-2B with its one of kind paint scheme.

Cheers,
    Hank

WIP.....T-2A Buckeye from the Naval Air Test Facility (NATF) circa 1965.

Cheers,
    Hank

Members who have read this thread: 0