Next project - DC-6 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next project - DC-6

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Well we'd have to make sure we live up to your standard Rob...
    heheh ;-)
    I must say Baz, that looks and sounds very nice! Great night lighting in the VC. Are seats ect. animated as well?
    Looking forward to more previews Keep up the good work, that start-up smoke pic is great as well.

@ Tom ditto on our work together. Yesterday I finally met Tim. We had a great day discussing all kinds of stuff, visiting the helicopter museum in Bückeburg, and more interesting visits!

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Fantastic, Baz. Looks like I may have to pay for my second tube! (A2A B-377 was my first, and I still can't figure out the Accusim engine start!) Love the old propliners.

(Strictly an observation, NOT a criticism!) Shouldn't there be some one in the cockpit when we walk in? (As in taking screenshots from out of the seat?) Looks like she's on full autopilot and the entire crew went back to talk to the beautiful stewardess in the passenager area.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Well I think if you were to poll the forum here, you'd find that most people prefer not to have copilot figures in the cockpit. SO we don't generally put them in.

I knew a Kiwi gal who flew FE and FO on a six....

Cheers: T

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    I knew a Kiwi gal who flew FE and FO on a six....Cheers: T
    Where's that 'like' button
    No DC3 without the DC2

I recently watched "The Big Lift" again...C-54's in the Berlin airlift...and during the after landing check, the Aircraft Commander reached up and grabbed a strap out of the lower portion of the overhead panel. The strap was on some sort of reel, and he pulled the strap down to the center console and hooked it into a spot just aft of the throttles. Can anyone shed some light on that strap, and what the heck is it for?

There was procedure done to 'flag' to any ground staff the aircraft was still hot and pre-paired for a fast turn around , many crews jockeyed keeping one on board so nothing was touched , this also was done after a C47 was loaded with a York payload without having loadmasters check off the load , course this was done during the peak period 20 minute turn rounds and many aircraft leaving just outside 30 second intervals .

Ok, you got me sold on this one. When? SOON? NC

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Forgot... redhead....T
    Classic:salute:
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    There was procedure done to 'flag' to any ground staff the aircraft was still hot and pre-paired for a fast turn around , many crews jockeyed keeping one on board so nothing was touched , this also was done after a C47 was loaded with a York payload without having loadmasters check off the load , course this was done during the peak period 20 minute turn rounds and many aircraft leaving just outside 30 second intervals .
    Ahh, thanks.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I am happy to see a native DC-6 but it won't be a complete package unless there is an Ansett-ANA and a TAA paint in there.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Out-frikin-Standing, I love the screen shots, and I look forward to the release of this bird. Personally I am not worried about additional skins, or variants, they are great, I just love to see the kind of attention to detail that are in those screen shots, the VC looks amazing and the exhaust stains on the wings, very impressive!

I can see me digging holes in a few runways with this one...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I am happy to see a native DC-6 but it won't be a complete package unless there is an Ansett-ANA and a TAA paint in there.
    ANA is in there Pat, TAA you'll have to paint yourself!

Course i'm going to have to do a 'City of Christchurch" paint , a US Navy six with those titles on it , and if we do get another earthquake , i just look over my shoulder and say sorry ladies and gentlemen , just a little turbulence

The military has not been forgotten...

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but shouldn't the star be on the left wing?

Looking forward to this one.
    Norwich, a fine city.

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Don't know if this has already been mentioned but shouldn't the star be on the left wing?
    Gidday Nick , I think it was the general 'thumb of rule' whether its the Star and Bar was applied on both wings , these appeared more on the staff transports and the VIP's , the majority went with one on the top on the left wing and bottom right with USAF or NAVY logos on the other side .

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ANA is in there Pat, TAA you'll have to paint yourself!
    Give me a half decent paintkit and I will do my best now that I have the painting bug.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Gidday Nick , I think it was the general 'thumb of rule' whether its the Star and Bar was applied on both wings , these appeared more on the staff transports and the VIP's , the majority went with one on the top on the left wing and bottom right with USAF or NAVY logos on the other side .
    Ian, check here on US Insignia placement rules.

http://www.modelwarships.com/feature...n_insignia.htm

Feb '43 was when top left/right lower was finalized.

Don
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Well spotted everyone. It has been changed.

Hi Don , I saw the model warship and instantly thought Oo Boy , i'm in for a treat I dabble in making scratch builds when time takes my fancy , the USS Midway current. I got off the subject a little here , funny how sometimes even base commanders start dictating the paint on the squadrons aircraft , I guess this happens all over the world . We had a base commander , famed WWII Dauntless pilot Sqn Ldr T J Mclean de Lange , No.25 then but was in charge at the now close Wigram RNZAF , he tried for some more flamboyant paint s on the training aircraft , many ideas stayed pointing safty in this area .

is it ready yet ?
    No DC3 without the DC2

We are still at work on the livery list and hav e final beta checks to do but it is close. Ha'peth of tar and all that.

Am ready with my credit card. Just let me know! Pete

Very impressive screen shots. Beautiful VC. Looking forward to the USN R6D/C-118 paint job.