Next project - DC-6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next project - DC-6

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    As far as systems go, we have Water/Methanol injection plus a few other little goodies in there.
    You had me at systems, if it has them you'll have my schillings. Can't wait to see what else has been put in.

Charter Member 2015
    Nice - nothing but nice and the VC look just outstanding... Been waiting for a DC-6 for years, the time is near.

David

The military has not been forgotten...

Looks amazing, will be my first payware purchase in a very long time. Any chance we'll see a Conair tanker version? they just stopped operating a DC6 in the Yukon last year.

Shawn

I LOVE THIS BIRD!
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

The six when heavily loaded is a real ground effect machine, fun to watch them takeoff, suck the gear up and accelerate slowly down the runway in ground effect. A real flight engineers plane. Due to the lack of the high octane fuel these days they are usually run as a CB 16 engine.The water meth is a real aid in engine longevity, especially with the big loads the freighters carry today.

Great work guys! T

Blog Entries
    Totally stoked about this release. I hope PAA will be represented in the schemes .... dare I hope for CP? (I know that's a lesser flown scheme ...)

Biggest question I have is FPS performance - compared to the Connie, how will it be equal, slower, or better?

Many thanks - and KUDOS for the great work already done - will definitely scrape the wallet out for this one ...

dl

The frame rates are looking good for this one. The Connie was a fair bit more complex, especially inside and not as "clean" a model in design outside but it all depends on your computer and FSX set-up. On our test rigs, side by side, she's faster frame rate wise, for sure.

Blog Entries
    Great to hear Baz - thanks!

dl

Charter Member 2015
    How are things going??

David

Hi David,

Currently doing the finishing touches to the beta! Shouldn't be too far off now.

Thanks
    Martyn

Nearly there, Martyn...

Charter Member 2015
    Nice! Not that I can't wait - buuuut! It sure is looking good, except for the engine fire!!1

David

Away with the VW combi and in with the Chev , the U S Navy,s Chevs were a little bigger and more modern out on the VX-6s ramp here in Christchurch New Zealand , i,m sure this must be the base commanders jollopie :salute: .. I think i see a special paint for this one .... the Six i mean

Looking good there.
    But I'd like to see more VC shots.
    That's the Go or No-Go for me, including good system management (and it doesn't need to be accusim level. If it matches our DC2 that's good enough for me, and still more than a handfull)
    So please elaborate on that, please.

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Awoken well before sunrise this morning (not early actually) by two DC6's rumbling over the house. Even my gal can idenify the 6's by sight or sound.

Thinking of the "Two", was a pleasure to work with you Rob, on that one!

Regards: Tom

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Looking good there.
    But I'd like to see more VC shots.
    That's the Go or No-Go for me, including good system management (and it doesn't need to be accusim level. If it matches our DC2 that's good enough for me, and still more than a handfull)
    So please elaborate on that, please.

Cheers, Rob
    Well we'd have to make sure we live up to your standard Rob...

VC includes:

Full 3D functionality for almost all switches, knobs, levers and gauges.
    Cold,dark starts.
    Water/Methanol injection
    Accurate tank-feed, selection and fuel management system for each engine
    Full navigation suite including RMI, OB, ADF, ILS, Radio compass and Radar in some models

all i can say is wow to those vc shots cant wait to be flying it over canada

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Just what Santa ordered a Arctic Ice/Snow Hauler I've got Iqaluit ready when you release.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Many years ago I traveled to Igaluit, which used to be called "Frobisher bay". A very interesting community and barren but beautiful land. The locals are particularly artistic bone and ivory carvers. I can see a six there, not unlike the NAC ( recently retired Northern Air Cargo) and stillflying Cliff Everts sixes here in Alaska.

A plane still at home in some of the worlds most out of the way and beautiful expanses.

T

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    All kinds of graceful classic birds in the Canadian Arctic. Now that reminds me, will the DC-6 come with a Herman Nelson?? That's a must have for Arctic operations. We dont want the beautiful girl getting frozen like a modern Airbus do we. See Boeing gets the priority up here with the old girls and there is nothing left for them poor poor Airbuses

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Flying in the Canadian Arctic was always an adventure in the pre GPS days, ah for Grid Nav... Even today when we fly across (or near) the pole, the GPS fizzles out somewhere around 80 North and we go with inertial. A Norsk friend of mines Dad was a Navigator for SAS and worked out the techniques for some of the first commercial "over the pole" flights. Probably a DC7?

Herman Nelson, ya might need five of them.... Today one of our concerns transiting the high Arctic is low fuel temperature, temperatures cold enough aloft to gel jet fuel!

Interesting part of the world! T

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Flying in the Canadian Arctic was always an adventure in the pre GPS days, ah for Grid Nav... Even today when we fly across (or near) the pole, the GPS fizzles out somewhere around 80 North and we go with inertial. A Norsk friend of mines Dad was a Navigator for SAS and worked out the techniques for some of the first commercial "over the pole" flights. Probably a DC7?
    Interesting to hear that it's the GPS that "fizzles" at high lats, because back in the dark ages before GPS, the A-7E's INS had what was called "Grid Mode" which the pilot had to swicth to at high lats. In Grid Mode the computer treats the universe as a flat square grid. It was supposed to help the INS gonculate where the plane was close to the poles. Don't know if it worked, our planes never flew up there...

That DC-6 is really looking nice! I'm getting this one! :salute:
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Easy to get anywhere from the Pole, just steer 180 deg True....

Back when I once seriously researched sledging to Devon Island.... Anyway the list of required equipment for even a light aircraft included HF and a trailing wire antenna. Somtimes things work out better if ya don't have two nickles to rub together....

Anyway, love to hear the coughing and rumble of a six starting up, or rattling the house.

T